LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 26th, 2016, 10:32 AM   1
Crazy_1
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB Member

47 soon and pregnant

Hi. Iv'e spent most of my life trying for a baby and finally of many miscarriages I had a DD who is 9. I tried for another in my early 40's and then gave up 2 years ago. My daughter was very upset being and only child and has always battled with that. I got the shock of my life the other day..... I am now 5w4d and patiently waiting to see if I have a viable pregnancy.

Old Mar 26th, 2016, 22:35 PM   2
LLawson
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Congrats! I finally quit trying for my fourth several months ago and then ended up pregnant without trying. Im 45 and almost 14 weeks pregnant.

Old Mar 27th, 2016, 03:51 AM   3
Crazy_1
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB Member

Wow 14 weeks Congratulations. These early weeks go o slowly. I havent even contacted the EAU (early assesment unit) yet. They wont be able to see anything properly before 6w4d so Im holding on. Dont want to go in and have to go back. This week is going to take forever...lol

Old Mar 27th, 2016, 11:10 AM   4
LLawson
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Yes these early weeks just drag by. I was getting my Betas drawn early and then they wanted to see me around 6 weeks but didnt get me in until right at 7. I was at risk for a ectopic because I had a Tubal Reversal. All was good. Even saw the baby and heartbeat on the ultrasound. I go back Thursday for my second ultrasound.
I remember it seemed like time was just standing still waiting for that for that first appt. I bet you feel the same.

Old Mar 29th, 2016, 04:52 AM   5
Crazy_1
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB Member

I haven't even phoned to book. I'm on baby aspirin and my Endocrinologist is monitoring my hypothyroidism. No use me booking appointment until I am 6.5 weeks as I hate going in and they say they can't see anything to come back.

Old Mar 29th, 2016, 10:08 AM   6
LLawson
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

True! Ive heard alot of people going in disappointed because they couldnt tell anything.
I was supposed to go in early between 5-6 weeks because I was at high risk for a tubal because I had a tubal reversal but there was a mixup between my RE and OBGYN and I ended up there right at 7 weeks. We could clearly see the baby and the heartbeat on the ultrasound so it was exciting and kind of unbelievable!
Im still just in disbelief! My youngest just turned 19. Its been a very long time since Ive been pregnant so everything is new all over again! I still think I will be in disbelief until I can feel it move. I even have a doppler and listen to the heartbeat at least once a week to reassure me.
Im waiting for MaterniT21 test results now. Ive been waiting almost a month because the first one was never sent off. I waited impatiently those two weeks and finally someone discovered it was never even done. I went back in last week to have it done again. I just called to see if the results are in and the lady that gets the test results is out sick. Just my luck!! They are going to try and reroute it and see if a nurse can get them. I sure hope so! It seems like this has taken forever!
I go in for my second ultrasound Thursday.

Old Mar 30th, 2016, 09:59 AM   7
Crazy_1
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB Member

ooh Thursday..... thats tomorrow. Its lovely to see your little beanie. Well I finally plucked up the courage and called the Early Assesment Unit for a scan. They wanted me to come in next week but my 9 year old DD is still on school holidays and I havent told her so I had to get them to make it the next week 13th April. I dont have anyone to watch her as my husband works long hours and we have no family over here. (I am originally from SA). I will be 8 weeks then so they will clearly be able to see if its a viable pregnancy. I have had 7 miscarriages in total over the early years and one daughter so I have taught myself to Zone out of the excitement and switch off to the fact that I am pg until I see a heartbeat. Nervous but I can wait the 2 weeks.

Old Mar 30th, 2016, 10:34 AM   8
LLawson
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

That sounds like a good plan.
I havent had any miscarriages and I have a hard time with it. I cant imagine what you feel.
My fingers are crossed for you and I wish you the best!
I cant wait until tomorrow!

Old Mar 31st, 2016, 10:05 AM   9
Crazy_1
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB Member

Im in the UK so I know you are still behind a couple of hours. Let me know how your scan went. Post a pic if you can

Old Mar 31st, 2016, 10:07 AM   10
LLawson
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Will do! I cant wait!