LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 17th, 2016, 12:52 PM   1
Ellivort
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

New here - feeling old!

I was feeling old before i even saw there was a forum for us 35+.

I was 35 when I got my BFP and now 36. I feel like everyone else who is pregnant around me is under 30 and most under 25 even! Makes me feel ancient :/

My mom had her first at 30 and her last at 40, but nowadays the age has dropped so much.

I haven't told anyone at work yet. Did you get many really surprised when you announced to others that you were pregnant?

Old Aug 17th, 2016, 15:35 PM   2
FaithyJ
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Hi Elli!
I am 35 now, will be 36 when LO is born, and totally get how you're feeling. I got quite a few weird reactions but I don't know if it was just my age, or bc this is #5. My oldest son will be 21 when this baby is born, ugh... Being pregnant was way easier when I was younger as well.
Mostly everyone has adjusted and are more than happy for us. They ask so many questions and worry so much lol.. Just take any strange reactions in stride. If this baby makes you happy, then who really cares what they think of it lol.. Times are a changing again and the age when women are having their first is again on the rise.
We most definitely will not be the oldest parents at back to school night

Old Aug 17th, 2016, 22:22 PM   3
Jessicahide
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hello, i had my first at 20 and having my last at 31 ( not over 35 but i don't see much of a difference really...) Just wanted to say that if i am honest being pregnant at 30+ was much easier than at 20.... My pregnancy have been easier, and i am unphased at sleepless nights xxx You will be fine mummy xxx

Old Aug 18th, 2016, 03:17 AM   4
ssjad
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I'm 40... Does that make me ancient? Lol.
I hate that the doctors call me 'geriatric'. Seriously, couldn't they use a better word?!
Anyway, heaps of women I know are having babies at my age, and older. It's just the done thing these days, where I live, anyway.

Old Aug 18th, 2016, 06:43 AM   5
La Bergere
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I had my first at 36 and I'm expecting number 2 now at the ripe old age of 39.
Funnily enough, not one person has mentioned my age. Even the midwives!

I know more older Mum's than younger ones these days, so you really won't notice it! Don't worry!!

Old Aug 18th, 2016, 08:19 AM   6
Ellivort
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Even when i would talk about our fertility struggles and desire to have another baby we'd get surprised reactions, as if because i'm not 25 I should be out of this baby game!

it's really nice to know I'm not the only one who feels and I am determined to ignore it since this has been 7 long years of trying and waiting!

Old Aug 18th, 2016, 13:37 PM   7
george83
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Wow 7 years of waiting - congratulations!!

Old Aug 20th, 2016, 13:45 PM   8
Lucasmum
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjad View Post
I'm 40... Does that make me ancient? Lol.
I hate that the doctors call me 'geriatric'. Seriously, couldn't they use a better word?!
Anyway, heaps of women I know are having babies at my age, and older. It's just the done thing these days, where I live, anyway.
I was called this when I had my first at 30, having my second now at 40 as well, they may as well just give me info on my funeral the way they look at me at times

Most were surprised when I announced I have a 10 year age gap and get questioned all the time why did you wait so long, was it planned, were you shocked and even a "oh wow wow wow I didnt know people of your age still had sex"

So yeah loads of great comments and I dont think one person wasnt surprised

Old Aug 20th, 2016, 14:59 PM   9
FaithyJ
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

@Lucasmom - Didn't know we still had sex.. wow lol.. what do they think we do all winter?

Old Aug 21st, 2016, 02:03 AM   10
2nd time
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I was 30 when I had number one and am now 36 pregnant with number 7 my dh turned 50 this week I get loads of comments about being pregnant again but mainly about how many I have rather than age. I will be 37 when bubs is born and am finding this pregnancy harder than my last few weather that is my age or running round after hord's of little ones I'm not sure.