LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 11th, 2016, 13:47 PM   1
kellyrae
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Anyone out there a Type 1 diabetic?

Hi!!!
Just thought I would see if there are any other 35+ mums to be out there that have got type 1 diabetes?

Old Sep 14th, 2016, 16:41 PM   2
Lucasmum
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Insulin dependant type 2 and 40 pregnant with number 2

Old Sep 15th, 2016, 12:18 PM   3
kellyrae
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Hey! I knew ther must be someone! I see your 29 weeks...have you hit insulin resistant yet? I'm holding back for another week before I make the call to my diabetes team...I love having the extra scans but the weekly visits to clinic gets testing at times...though my blood sugars are always very well behaved when pregnant xx

Old Sep 15th, 2016, 16:35 PM   4
Lucasmum
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Blood sugars have never had the greatest control I've been seeing the diabetic team since before I saw the midwife they were the first people I called! My insulin levels are changing in a weekly basis I wasn't diabetic 10 years ago when I had my DS so the diabetes in pregnancy is all new to me

Old Sep 16th, 2016, 03:13 AM   5
kellyrae
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

When I had my first I was on injections...6 a day...i found it so overwhelming trying to keep everything as its supposed to be....my hba1c was 8.4 before pregnancy and I managed to get it to 6.7 during, have you had a fetal heart scan yet? Xx

Old Sep 24th, 2016, 06:13 AM   6
Lucasmum
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I haven't had a fetal heart scan should I? I had a scan at 28 weeks and have another 2 booked at 32 and 36 weeks unless this is it

I also see the diabetic team every 2 weeks I'm injecting 5 times a day at the moment as well as finger pricks 6-7 times a day as control has gone a bit haywire in the last few weeks

How are you doing

Old Sep 26th, 2016, 00:25 AM   7
kellyrae
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Hey, sorry for the late reply..with all 3 of mine I had a fetal heart scan...usually around 19-22 weeks, I'm not sure with you being type2 it is different but I would certainly ask your diabetic team. Are you in the UK? Obviously I don't want to scare you but I know whith type 1's most have this scan.
I know its a pain but your at the right week for bloods to go mad....although its a pain for us and hard work it means your placenta is doing a good job!

I have my first appointment tomorrow with my diabetic team! One of many as you lnow then my 7 week dating scan the week after!!

My bloods are okay, just suffering the lows alot more now and living on lucozade for most of the school run lol xxx

Old Sep 26th, 2016, 00:31 AM   8
kellyrae
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

http://www.gosh.nhs.uk/medical-infor...al-heart-scans

Old Sep 26th, 2016, 13:10 PM   9
Lucasmum
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Yup in the UK, unless they did anything at my 20, 22 or 28 week scan I don't know about then I haven't that said they did look at the heart in great detail on the 20 week scan and did say all is as it should be I thought they just did it as she was being an uncooperative little madam and they couldn't see anything else hence the 22 week scan

I see my consultant in just under 2 weeks so will ask then

Bloods went down to 2.9 before lunch checked twice as I felt perfectly fine nothing like a hypo very odd but yeah they said it will all go a bit crazy from here on in I will email them my readings tomorrow

Old Sep 27th, 2016, 11:47 AM   10
kellyrae
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I am sure everything was fine if they spent more time on the heart...Maybe its a different procedure in other areas...an actual cardiologist did mine all 3 times...
I had my first antenatal appointment today!! One of many to come...got my dating scan booked for the 11th october...seems ages away though, you may find your hypo awarness fall to lower levels before you realise...i once had a 1.6 and had absolutely no idea whilst walking my two girls to school 🙈