LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 5th, 2016, 10:39 AM   1
ronnie1234
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Pregnant at 36

Been trying for 14 months now finally pregnant with #2 only five weeks but am extremely anxious that it will all be ok!

Old Nov 5th, 2016, 12:37 PM   2
CanadianLady
On a break (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I am 6-6 1/2 weeks pregnant with #2 after ttc for 2 years. I will be 37 in December. I am super nervous because I lost 2 pregnancies before I had my son in Jan 2012.
Hope everything is going well for you!

Old Nov 8th, 2016, 14:12 PM   3
greekgirl
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I had my son at 36 going on 37. We had been trying for almost 4 years and had had 2 failed IVF rounds but then got pregnant a year later naturally. My pregnancy was smooth, the birth was natural, I breast fed him for 20 months and everything was fine. I got pregnant as soon as I stopped breastfeeding him but we lost it.
Age is nothing to worry about. It's how healthy we are that should be a concern. My doctor said that I still have 2 good years ahead of fertility and shouldn't worry about anomalies.
I don't know much but I would say relax and enjoy it.
Sound silly?

Old Nov 9th, 2016, 08:01 AM   4
crazylilth1ng
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Hi there I am 36 and nearly 10 weeks with baby #4. I am just trying to relax... What will be will be, at 36 the chance of a healthy baby is still high

Old Dec 13th, 2016, 12:53 PM   5
ButterflyK
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Hi ladies, pregnant with 2nd I just had my IUD removed in Jan and it took 10 months to get pregnant. I will be 37.5 when baby comes, had my first 2 weeks after I turned 34. I am so tired this time around with having a toddler and being a few years older, I will be 12 weeks on Sunday have a Doppler so can listen to the heartbeat and finally found it Monday which makes me a lot less nervous, but I do worry.

Old Dec 13th, 2016, 14:08 PM   6
msbene
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I will be 36.5 when I have this second baby next year. I had my first at almost 31 so its been a very long while lol. I got knocked up this time on the first try - I truly hope that all goes well. Good luck everyone!!

Old Dec 16th, 2016, 15:03 PM   7
ronnie1234
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I've got a 6 year age gap also between mine, it'll be like starting all over again lol!

Old Feb 9th, 2017, 12:30 PM   8
aancha0204
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Hey ladies, Happy to join you all ! I will be turning 36 this august. Just 5 weeks now , due with my 2nd one. Had him when i was 31 so it been 4 yrs ! i am very excited to have a sibling for my older boy , they truly say 1st one is for you , 2nd one is for the 1st one Good Luck to All !!

Old Feb 16th, 2017, 08:58 AM   9
Ellivort
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

36 here and 8.5 mos pregnant. Its been harder on me physically than I recall with DD 7 years ago, but there haven't been any undue age risks. I did end up with GD, but that more to do with PCos/overweight than age.

Baby has done wonderfully this whole pregnancy. I plan to be far more physically fit and lighter before the next. I think that may be the difference and not necessarily age!

I worried about downs and all the other "age" related risks and it was nothing.
I worried about all the things they say older moms can experience and have had nothing to worry about it!

good luck to ya!

Old Feb 18th, 2017, 11:24 AM   10
spencerspiece
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I will be 38 when this little one arrives. This is my fourth pregnancy and by far the hardest. Im tired all the time. Had my first when i was 23 lol defo gets harder as you get older!