LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 11th, 2016, 14:15 PM   1
JLORDY
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB member

Nearly 7 weeks and no heartbeat

I conceived using IUI, so I know within a 24-hour window when I conceived. I should be at 6 weeks, 6 days. I had a scan at 6 weeks one day. Fetal pole was there in the yolk sac but no heartbeat. Doc said no cause for concern, just come back in a few days, which is today.

Today, we could still see fetal pole, although it's measuring about a week behind (no growth since last scan earlier in the week) and there was still no heartbeat. Doc wants to schedule a D&C for Monday.

The pros of doing the D&C is the ability to send the specimen off for testing to see what went wrong and not having to wait on things to take care of itself naturally--I hear there can be a fair amount of bleeding.

But just wondering if there's any reason not to proceed as she's suggested. By Monday, I'd be 7 weeks 1 day and they'd do another scan before the procedure just to make sure. Assuming no one had lack of heartbeat at 7 weeks only to have a sustained/healthy pregnancy later on?

Thanks

Old Nov 11th, 2016, 20:22 PM   2
iBeach
Other
Active BnB Member

Sorry you have to go through this, it must be scary. My friend just went through all this couple of weeks ago. She was suggested to do D/C as well, but refused and waited until 8 weeks 4 days. And that's when she seen heartbeat!

I don't have medical advice, or experience of my own, but waiting another week wont hurt at this point.

Old Nov 13th, 2016, 22:47 PM   3
Luvspnk31
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I personally would wait for at least a week before making up your mind. I've heard it go both ways many times and I wouldn't want to give you false hope, but I'd want to be sure. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this.

Old Dec 27th, 2016, 11:39 AM   4
Bonnie11
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

S

SEO by vBSEO