LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 21st, 2017, 16:32 PM   11
sarah1980
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by verily View Post
I will be proactively asking for a test like Harmony just for my own peace of mind. I have decent medical insurance, so I'm fairly certain it will be covered, but I would totally pay for it if not.
It's given me huge peace of mind having had it done.

Sarah xxx

Old Apr 1st, 2017, 17:05 PM   12
WrinklyMummy
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I've just sent my blood off for the GENERATION NIPT as came back screen positive for Down's last week - 1/130, despite thin nuchal fold (1.26mm) on scan and nasal bone present. I'm hoping it's just down to my high HCG levels as I don't think I could get rid of it but know we couldn't cope with a Down's baby...I'm so worried, I've hardly slept these past few days... I posted on another forum but got no replies so if anyone has had similar bad odds but had a healthy baby, please jump on here and reassure me!��

Also, am worried about high HCG as apparently it can mean problems with the placenta (though none were noticed during the scan)....?��

Old Apr 5th, 2017, 17:31 PM   13
Euphobia
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrinklyMummy View Post
I've just sent my blood off for the GENERATION NIPT as came back screen positive for Down's last week - 1/130, despite thin nuchal fold (1.26mm) on scan and nasal bone present. I'm hoping it's just down to my high HCG levels as I don't think I could get rid of it but know we couldn't cope with a Down's baby...I'm so worried, I've hardly slept these past few days... I posted on another forum but got no replies so if anyone has had similar bad odds but had a healthy baby, please jump on here and reassure me!��

Also, am worried about high HCG as apparently it can mean problems with the placenta (though none were noticed during the scan)....?��
I've heard that NIPTs have a high number of false positives. The only true way to tell would be an amnio. If you're worried about down's and feel like you won't relax unless you find out, then that would be what I would recommend. Have you spoken to your OB about it?

ETA: in case I wasn't clear, I'm actually pro-NIPTs and will do one myself. It's a good test but in the end it's just a screen, not a diagnosis, so it shouldn't be treated as such since false positives are common.

Old May 3rd, 2017, 06:44 AM   14
Bumpontherun
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrinklyMummy View Post

I worked with a girl who was given a 1/10 risk of Downs from her scan and bloods (this was several years ago and pre harmony). She declined amnio and CVS and had a healthy baby. Good luck with your next round if tests