LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 10th, 2017, 10:22 AM   1
sarah1980
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Harmony test

Hi all, just looking for some opinions/advice.

I'm considering having the Harmony test. Initially I thought I'd wait and have my "12 week" scan and depending on the results possibly go for the harmony test however I am today 11+2 and despite several calls to the hospital I still don't have my 12 week scan appointment. I explained to them today that the closer it gets to 12 weeks without my appointment then the less likely it is that DH will be able to arrange time off work and she said that the 12 week scan can be done anytime between 11+6 and 14+1! So I'm thinking I'm going to be closer to the 14 weeks by the time I get my scan then I'll have to wait on the results then book the harmony and again wait on the results which is going to take me close to 20 weeks which I feel is quite late if faced with a difficult decision. I'm now wondering if I should just go for the harmony now? I'll have to pay £450 for it which is quite a lot of money and I wonder if it's worth it to do just now and it ends up at the 12 week scan that no markers are found and my risk comes back as low. Ah I'm confused

Sarah xxx

Old Jan 11th, 2017, 17:51 PM   2
sarah1980
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Update - I've booked in for Harmony this weekend.

Sarah xxx

Old Jan 15th, 2017, 11:56 AM   3
beccybobeccy
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

it's such a worrying time, hope you get news on the scan soon and that the Harmony test gives you the reassurance.

Old Jan 16th, 2017, 04:20 AM   4
sarah1980
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccybobeccy View Post
it's such a worrying time, hope you get news on the scan soon and that the Harmony test gives you the reassurance.
Thank you 😊

Nothing abnormal detected on the scan and I should have the results by the end of the week.

Sarah xxx

Old Jan 17th, 2017, 16:21 PM   5
PhoenixCT
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I had a test by another manufacturer that is the same as the Harmony test. 100% recommend it for the peace of mind. Bonus it told me the gender early.

Old Jan 19th, 2017, 16:53 PM   6
sarah1980
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixCT View Post
I had a test by another manufacturer that is the same as the Harmony test. 100% recommend it for the peace of mind. Bonus it told me the gender early.
Thanks! I noticed in previous tests everyone who has had the test recommended it so thought why not. Yes it's a nice bonus finding out the gender early.

Sarah xxx

Old Jan 22nd, 2017, 14:21 PM   7
ronnie1234
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

I see now you went for it! My advice to anyone thinking about it, is go for it I had the nifty at 11 weeks, my nhs scan was 12+2 but when I went I was dated 13+5 so glad now I went for peace of mind. Results in 7 days even over the Christmas holidays!

Old Jan 24th, 2017, 07:29 AM   8
sarah1980
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Results all came back as low risk so I'm very pleased with that! My NHS scan is on Thursday at 13+2 so I'm glad I've done it now too! Big bonus finding out I'm having another boy!

Old Feb 16th, 2017, 12:32 PM   9
elociN
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixCT View Post
Would you mind naming the manufacturer here (or in a PM if naming them hee is against the rules and can be considered as advertising).

Thank you!

PS our local private hospital offers harmony for under £400 but it's nice to have options.
Sorry, just saw it was NIFTY, can't find any near us.x

Old Feb 21st, 2017, 10:20 AM   10
verily
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I will be proactively asking for a test like Harmony just for my own peace of mind. I have decent medical insurance, so I'm fairly certain it will be covered, but I would totally pay for it if not.