LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 28th, 2017, 08:36 AM   1
Angelique76
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

40+ TTC, Loss & Pregnancy

My hope for this thread is that we can support each other in our journey, whether TTC, MC or successfully falling pregnant.

Old Apr 5th, 2017, 08:23 AM   2
Angelique76
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Today, for the first time in years, my cycle is 26 days and not 28 days. I read that it could be due to the polyp that I have, which will be removed in June. Could also be stress related, there has been a bit of that lately, but will have to get through it and move forward from there.

Old Apr 7th, 2017, 06:49 AM   3
Love4you
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Hi there! I turned 40 in November. I have 5 children already and 1 miscarriage most likely due to my age.
A few days ago I found out I'm pregnant again. I know the risks so I'm not hugely optimistic.
I did take supplements for 3 cycles prior to trying in the hopes of boosting egg health. Hopefully it worked.
Let me know if you have questions or just want to talk.

Old Apr 7th, 2017, 11:21 AM   4
Angelique76
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4you View Post
Hi there! I turned 40 in November. I have 5 children already and 1 miscarriage most likely due to my age.
A few days ago I found out I'm pregnant again. I know the risks so I'm not hugely optimistic.
I did take supplements for 3 cycles prior to trying in the hopes of boosting egg health. Hopefully it worked.
Let me know if you have questions or just want to talk.
Hi Love4You,

Congratulations! I pray this is a sticky bean for you.

Taking supplements definitely help at our age. Progesterone issues normally start declining at our age as well. Have you had yours checked?

I said that I am having a polyp removed in June. This month, though, my cycle is 26 days. First time in 5 years that it's not 28 days. I read on Doctor Google that it can be because of the polyp. Doctor said we can ttc if we want to but we would prefer him to run all the tests first.

I am so impatient. I just want to try again now!

I am so afraid of another mc. My dd almost cried the other night saying she will never have a sibling.

How far were you with your mc?

When in November is your birthday? I turned 40 November 30th.

Old Apr 7th, 2017, 13:16 PM   5
Love4you
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I turned 40 on nov 13 so we're pretty close.
I have zero patience so I don't know that I'd be able to wait to TTC. When I had the miscarriage (8 weeks) I was consumed with getting pregnant. Just waiting for my cycle to come back was torture.
I'm sure doctors know best but it would be so nice if they could do the surgery tomorrow!
I will call my OB this week for the usual blood work and ask about the progesterone. I don't know if they routinely test.

Old Apr 10th, 2017, 01:46 AM   6
Angelique76
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Morning Love3You,

Yes, we are not far apart.

I am just waiting. I am feeling a but annoyed, but at the same time, time seems to go so quickly, so will be there before we know it.

I read on Google this weekend that one shoudl wait 2 months before ttc after a polyp is removed. That has annoyed me so much more! Will confirm that with my OB. It seems that the op will happen at O time, which is a bit earlier because of the 26 day cycle this month. So if he says wait 2 months, it will mean ttc only in August. Arrghhhhh!!!

How are you toay? Let me know what your OB says. I hope that you have a great week.

Old Apr 10th, 2017, 15:44 PM   7
Love4you
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I'm supposed to have my first appt plus blood work done Thursday. But I just started pink spotting. It's not enough to make me go to the ER and my OB is closed. So I guess I'll call tomorrow and see about blood work. Im not overly optimistic though.

Old Apr 11th, 2017, 01:11 AM   8
Angelique76
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4you View Post
I'm supposed to have my first appt plus blood work done Thursday. But I just started pink spotting. It's not enough to make me go to the ER and my OB is closed. So I guess I'll call tomorrow and see about blood work. Im not overly optimistic though.
Oh no, I am praying that everything is ok. Please let me know how you are.

Old Apr 12th, 2017, 01:57 AM   9
Love4you
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I went and had labs drawn and then will have them repeated Thursday. Hopefully everything will double accordingly. The bleeding lasted less than an hour and no cramps. So I have a little bit of hope. But I'm stuck in limbo til thurs evening. Boo.

Old Apr 12th, 2017, 03:41 AM   10
Angelique76
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I am glad to hear that it stopped. It can be so nerve wrecking!

I pray that it all goes well. Try to rest and not stress too much. I know that it is not easy though, I become a complete nutter.

Chat soon xo