LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 15th, 2017, 17:13 PM   1
Kim_baby2
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB member

Gestational Sac at 6 weeks 1 day measuring at 5.5 mm

I went in on May 8th and thought I was 6 weeks and 1 day from LMP. Dr called 3 days later and said that there was a small sac that was measuring a 5.3 to 5.5 day pregnancy. Is this normal? I have never really kept track of how many days my cycles were. This would be my 2nd baby. I had a MC 9 years ago before my daughter was born and I was only like 4-5 weeks at that time.

Old May 24th, 2017, 06:29 AM   2
Angelique76
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

It could be quite normal. You could have O'd later than you realise.

When will you another check up? Have you had bloods done?

Old May 30th, 2017, 07:56 AM   3
MindUtopia
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

That doesn't sound too worrisome to me especially if you don't track your cycles and aren't sure of your dates anyway. I had a missed mc several months ago and baby only measured 4.6mm at 8+3, which they said would have been approximately 5 weeks. It was obvious it was a mc as I knew my dates exactly and had gotten a BFP at 3+5 nearly 4 weeks before, so like there's no way I could have been only 5 weeks pregnant. If 4.6mm is 5 weeks, then it makes sense that 5.3-5.5mm would be on track for roughly 6 weeks. That sounds pretty normal to me. Are they planning to scan you again? Even with my very obvious mmc, I had a follow up scan a week later to confirm if there had been any further development. With a healthy pregnancy, there would be clear growth and you would likely be able to see the heartbeat by 7 weeks as well, which should put your mind at ease.

Old May 30th, 2017, 09:30 AM   4
Angelique76
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Any news Kim?

SEO by vBSEO