LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 8th, 2017, 02:58 AM   1
Foreign Chick
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Soon 38 expecting #4 in May 2018

Hello ladies

Can't believe I just said 38... I don't feel 38 at all...

I'm starting this post in hopes of finding someone to share this journey with.
Perhaps someone who is due around that time, or just someone who is looking for a "ripe" bump-buddy

Would love to hear from you

Old Sep 8th, 2017, 04:37 AM   2
Bevziibubble
Mum (Mom)
BnB Legend

Congratulations!

Old Sep 8th, 2017, 07:17 AM   3
Foreign Chick
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Thank you

Old Sep 9th, 2017, 15:25 PM   4
highhopes2013
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hiya! I'm turning 38 soon too and currently 29 weeks with number 3. I have twins (born in 2014) already.

How far along r u?

Old Sep 10th, 2017, 02:07 AM   5
Foreign Chick
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Hello highhopes

Thank you for responding.

Still early days for me, almost 5 weeks. I also had a daughter born in 2014

How is this pregnancy treating you? Did you have any of the 35+ testing (harmony/t21) done?

Old Sep 10th, 2017, 16:19 PM   6
highhopes2013
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I was 34 last time I was pregnant and seemed to have so much more energy! Feeling very tired this time round but I can't complain really as it hasn't been too bad with aches and pains.

Ahhhhh 5 weeks! Congrats!

I didn't have any particular 35+ tests done, justvthe standard ones that are offered on the NHS - nuchal test was the main one. I'm being monitored closely anyway due to the previous twin pregnancy (and probably my age too)

How r u feeling?

Old Sep 10th, 2017, 18:33 PM   7
Foreign Chick
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I see. I am surprisingly well, not feeling the fatigue I did with my last (just yet) hehehe the only symptom I have so far is, mild cramps in the pm. Unlike my last PG I feel great my face looks radiant hahaha had some mild skin irritation with my previous PG's but this time so far so good :-) I am probably going to do the Harmony test, if it's offered at my office. Mainly for babies health reasons, but also for gender reveal. I would like to know ASAP. If it's another girl, I need to stop selling baby girl stuff on letgo heheh.

Did you find out your babies gender?

Old Sep 13th, 2017, 10:52 AM   8
Wicky78
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Foreign Chick, I'll definitely be your bump buddy, if all goes well this week! It would be so fun to have another 35+ mamma to share with during this journey. I will be 40 in January and I'm definitely feeling the fatigue. I hear it doesn't get any better when baby comes, so I guess I'll just have to get used to it! Gaah! I can hardly believe that I'm saying this stuff in such concrete terms (when instead of if). It's like I'm afraid that if I talk about it too much, I'll jinx it, or something. Anyway, I emailed my RE this morning to let her know what's going on. I know the next step is bloods, but I'm not sure if she'll do them before 14dpIUI, which would be Saturday. We shall see!

Old Sep 13th, 2017, 11:44 AM   9
Foreign Chick
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Awesome, I'd love to have you as a buddy
Again a cautious but HUGE Congratulations!!!

I understand you, being a little "paranoid" and worried not to jinx it, but I'd say it's ok to be excited! Enjoy the news and be happy! As they say "when mama's happy everybody's happy" that includes your fetus
I think you'll have enough stress and worries in the next 18 years (at least) so embrace the time now and fill it with as much joy and excitement as you can. You and baby both deserve it.

Hope you get your appointment in before this weekend, and that your blood result #'s are through the roof

So glad you've joined me here

Old Sep 13th, 2017, 12:14 PM   10
Wicky78
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Thanks for the warm welcome and sage advice/support, Foreign Chick. My RE e-mailed back and wanted me to come in for blood work as soon as possible. So I'll have my first beta drawn tomorrow morning and should get the results later that day. I'm so relieved that I don't have to wait until Monday. Plus, the fact that they took it seriously and didn't assume it was the trigger made me feel a little more confident.

I am being cautious, but am also really excited if this is what I think it is! It's funny... we tried for so long and the breaks in between were agonizing (our donor moved away and then I had a dermoid on my ovary so had to have surgery, then I got laid off) so it felt like it would be forever until we'd get our BFP, even once I started with the RE. Now it feels like everything is happening so fast and sooner than I let myself hope for it to happen. With all of the difficulties in the rest of my life (due to terminally ill relatives and friends, plus lost a pet last week), it was about dang time to have some good news!

How are you doing? I can't imagine going through this with other children needing my attention, but I guess you do what you have to and make it work!