TerriLou
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Congratulations ladygogs. xx

Old Jun 9th, 2011, 10:21 AM   42
tracy143
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Well, I am in need of some guidance it seems. I am 34, soon to be 35 tomorrow, June 10th. I am 5w pregnant. This forum is for pregnancy over 35 so I am not sure if I should be here or not. The other forum is for younger mothers. I am not sure where I fit in

I thought for years about having another baby; my boys are 16 and 13. Their father and I divorced a few years ago. I remarried in 2009 and I have always desperately wanted a little girl. I had only a few years remaining with my boys and this decision of getting pregnant was really difficult for me. I finally convinced myself I wasn't too old to have another baby but now, all I read about is higher chances of miscarriage, amniocentesis being strongly advised, and increased chances of something going wrong.

Old Jun 9th, 2011, 13:42 PM   43
TerriLou
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy143 View Post
Well, I am in need of some guidance it seems. I am 34, soon to be 35 tomorrow, June 10th. I am 5w pregnant. This forum is for pregnancy over 35 so I am not sure if I should be here or not. The other forum is for younger mothers. I am not sure where I fit in

I thought for years about having another baby; my boys are 16 and 13. Their father and I divorced a few years ago. I remarried in 2009 and I have always desperately wanted a little girl. I had only a few years remaining with my boys and this decision of getting pregnant was really difficult for me. I finally convinced myself I wasn't too old to have another baby but now, all I read about is higher chances of miscarriage, amniocentesis being strongly advised, and increased chances of something going wrong.
Course you can join. Its great to be able to talk with people who are similar ages and situations. Welcome and congratulations. xx

Old Jun 9th, 2011, 18:06 PM   44
tracy143
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Thank you TerriLou; sorry for the gloomy post. Those darn hormones! They sneak up at the darndest times

Old Jun 15th, 2011, 15:50 PM   45
sophiefrench
Mum (Mom)
New BnB member

hello ! I'm Sophie from france and i live in US.
I'm 36 and 6 weeks pregnant. I have a 2 year old beautiful daughter.
This pregnancy is little scary because I had a miscarriage last year at 12 weeks and one in 2007 at 10 weeks. Hope everything will go great like during the pregnancy of my daughter. It's true that pregnancy after 35 can be more difficult ! Nice to jon your ladies !

Old Jun 17th, 2011, 14:11 PM   46
Bambers
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! Our own message board and lots of over 35 mummies. x x

Old Jun 20th, 2011, 16:19 PM   47
Lyvid
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Guess it's time to graduate! I got my BFP on Friday (I turned 39 on Tuesday, happy b-day me!) and I'm so nervous that I wasn't ready to join a pg forum, but then again it wouldn't feel right to post about my nerves on the TTC forum. So here I am, really glad to see some familiar faces and looking forward to getting to know the rest of you!

Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:21 AM   48
Uni
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB Member

Hello everyone

Ive been lurking here for a while and trying to get up my nerve to write. Im 43 years old (44 in November) and currently 5 weeks pregnant with my first child though DE and IVF. I had a hidden miscarriage at 6 weeks a year ago so Im a bit nervous. I will have my first scan on Thursday after a week and Im terrified.

I was really glad to find this forum and hope to make some friends here

Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 14:24 PM   49
sophiefrench
Mum (Mom)
New BnB member

hello ladies
I see we have same problems and concerns
tomorrow I have my 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks, and friday we leave for vacations .... I'm really nervous because this ultrasound is about searching for another miscarriage... Well, I try to stay positive and don,t want think about anything bad happens just before we leave... I'll post good news ! Good luck with your pregnancies

Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 14:36 PM   50
Lyvid
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Welcome Uni! This is a great forum and all the ladies are really lovely! Congratulations and H&H 9 months to you!

GL Sophie! Hope all goes well at the u/s and you have a lovely, relaxing vacation! FX'd