LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 18th, 2011, 21:10 PM   1
luvmygirls
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB Member

low hcg level and spotting

Hi, According to when I believe my last period was....which I think the first day of it was somewhere between April 4 and April 11, I should be about 5 weeks pregnant. This was confirmed through a preg test on May 10. Last Saturday, May 14 I began spotting...brown blood, not alot...only when i wiped and there was a tiny bit when i peed. It was continuing on Monday and I was scared so I went to the ER. They took hcg levels and it was 144 and they said that was low for 5 weeks so told me it was either a threatened miscarriage or i was earlier than I had thought. He prescribed pre-natals and sent me home without any answers, just to go see my gyno 2 days later to test hcg level again. went to gyno today and i still have a little bit of brown discharge...they took blood to test levels again, but they prob wont be back until Friday. I feel fine, no cramping. Hardly any brown blood now. Has anyone else had this or had a low hcg initially with spotting? im so confused and just want an answer

Old May 19th, 2011, 10:28 AM   2
Amberyll23
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hey hun, did not want to read and run. I have never had that specific experience. I did have some pink spotting early on in this pregnancy that turned out to be a subchorionic hematoma that resolved on its own. With my m/c last fall, I had brown spotting but also severe cramping. They never tested my HCG, but instead sent me straight over for an ultrasound and confirmed I had lost my little one.

Have you talked to your doctor about getting an early ultrasound?

Old May 19th, 2011, 11:34 AM   3
mafiamom
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

first off, one hcg test is NOT a test. it may be low, but what they want to see is that number doubling. so before you really get worried, wait and see what these next numbers are. if they are doubled you are good even if they are perceived as low

kup!!

Old May 20th, 2011, 17:53 PM   4
luvmygirls
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB Member

so got the numbers back today and no they did not double but they did go up to 220....was at 144. it hadnt been quite 48 hrs when i took the second one. im still trying to have hope. still spotting brown blood. no cramps. the nurse said they really wanted to see them double, but its not all bad because they did go up. they cannot do an ultrasound until it reaches 1500. nothing they can really tell me...except to wait for these next results. im going in morning for more lab work...should know something by mon or tues. sooo stressed and just want an answer

Old May 24th, 2011, 07:27 AM   5
ahbon
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

luvmygirls - sorry you are going thru beta hell - I had this with my m/c but not all of them end this way - sometimes they are just slow starters - I pray this is in fact your case x

Old May 25th, 2011, 20:24 PM   6
liberty2011
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Had the brown spotting with all 3 of my mc. but..my hcg always went down not up at all it would go from the 300's straight down to 90's!

Old May 27th, 2011, 13:55 PM   7
StranjeGirl
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

I did not have hcg test, but have had spotting light brown, dark brown, pink, orange, some red bleeding (you name the color and consistency and I have had it) non-stop since 5 weeks. My last scan was at 7+3 and everything looked fine..I only dated 7+2 but doctor said it was fine. Things were growing and heartbeat was strong. I know sometimes spotting means miscarriage, but many times it doesn't. Try not to stress until you find out for sure. I had convinced myself I was having a miscarriage as I was spotting and a scan at 5+4 showed nothing in my gestational sac...no yolk or anything, and I was sure of my ovulation date. Anyway, a week later it had all grown, and then two days after that (went back in due to actual red blood) things had caught up. It is stressful, but try and stay calm! Good luck!

Old May 28th, 2011, 01:23 AM   8
luvmygirls
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB Member

Well the numbers went up to 746 so the doctors assumed everything is good now and that I'm just earlier along than I thought....but yesterday the brown spotting turned red and there was tissue in it and im having severe cramping. Tonight I went to ER they did an ultrasound and saw nothing do the radiologist actually said miscarriage. Did a pelvic and cervix is still closed tested hcg and it is now 3300! Gave pain meds said it would probably pass on its own and to follow up with ob Tuesday. Y in the world have the numbers quadrupled if I'm miscarrying?? Don't get this

Old May 28th, 2011, 14:45 PM   9
MissTwinkles
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

5weeks +

Quote:
I did not have hcg test, but have had spotting light brown, dark brown, pink, orange, some red bleeding (you name the color and consistency and I have had it) non-stop since 5 weeks. My last scan was at 7+3 and everything looked fine..I only dated 7+2 but doctor said it was fine. Things were growing and heartbeat was strong. I know sometimes spotting means miscarriage, but many times it doesn't. Try not to stress until you find out for sure. I had convinced myself I was having a miscarriage as I was spotting and a scan at 5+4 showed nothing in my gestational sac...no yolk or anything, and I was sure of my ovulation date. Anyway, a week later it had all grown, and then two days after that (went back in due to actual red blood) things had caught up. It is stressful, but try and stay calm! Good luck!
ohhh, fingers are crossed. Maybe there is still a bit of hope - anyhow sure was helpful finfing this forum I just read alsi that coffee slows the egg in the tubes, a helpful (but I cant post it yet till I do 10 posts lol)

Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 17:14 PM   10
luvmygirls
Pregnant (Expecting)
New BnB Member

Just had emergency surgery. It was n my tubes