Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 21st, 2011, 04:33 AM   31
VoodooDoll
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Just popping in to join the thread to say hello, hope you don't mind, and will try and read it all after work. I have an 18 year old daughter who has just started university this week, and a soon to be 17 year old son who is studying for his a-levels. I've just turned 40 myself but had a very sober celebration as I found out I was pregnant after 19 months ttc :-). My family and my husband's family are really excited. My friends think I've lost the plot!

Old Sep 21st, 2011, 05:11 AM   32
moggi
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumof3girls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moggi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan36 View Post
hi im 38 in november . and my teenagers are 20. 17 and 15 and im preg with the 4th with a big age gap . they just went ewwwww when i told them lol
I'm 38 in November and my youngest is 15 too. Told my eldest daughter a couple of days ago, I had to, its her 18th birthday this Saturday and she would think it was very odd if I wasn't drinking lol. She said she already knew (not sure how) so that made things a bit easier for me. Haven't told youngest yet but might just go for it later.
Hello again moggi and congratulations again it's funny how are kids just seem to know lol my eldest made me do a pregnancy test coz she didn't believe me when I said I wasn't pregnant lol I was trying to protect her incase something terrible happened because I had a m/c in feb, but she wasnt fooled lol and yesterday my 12 nearly 13 yr old gave me a hug and I said not so tight because she squished my bbs and she said don't worry mummy o won't hurt the baby lol she hasn't been told I'm pregnant lol but she knows like she knew I was pregnant with my lo 4 yrs ago lol they are alot smarter than we give them credit for
Awwww it is strange isn't it? I did tell my youngest who couldn't look at me and then said ok, is there anything else you've got to say mom because i'm going out now. I really felt like i'd put my foot in it and you know what its like once its said you can't take it back can you? Anyway........ After she'd come back from seeing her friend she seemed completely different. Apparently they'd been talking about it and now she's really excited about being a big sister.

Teenagers eh? They're a strange breed lol

Old Sep 21st, 2011, 05:12 AM   33
moggi
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooDoll View Post
Just popping in to join the thread to say hello, hope you don't mind, and will try and read it all after work. I have an 18 year old daughter who has just started university this week, and a soon to be 17 year old son who is studying for his a-levels. I've just turned 40 myself but had a very sober celebration as I found out I was pregnant after 19 months ttc :-). My family and my husband's family are really excited. My friends think I've lost the plot!
Hiya VoodooDoll

Old Sep 21st, 2011, 05:38 AM   34
mumof3girls
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hi voodoodoll you are so welcome of course we don't mind lol and congrats 19 months of ttc that's amazing it would be great if u could tell your story on my journal I have a couple of ladies who are still ttc after just as many and more months it would be great for them to hear that there is still hope after 19 months and 40 yrs old they need some hope
And moggi teenagers are a breed of their own Hun once they have a h2h with a friend the whole world changes for them lol

Old Sep 21st, 2011, 05:49 AM   35
moggi
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumof3girls View Post
And moggi teenagers are a breed of their own Hun once they have a h2h with a friend the whole world changes for them lol
So true lol

Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 14:28 PM   36
vix1972
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

I am 39 in december, I have one 15 year old daughter and am due in May next year. My daughter did not take the news too well at the weekend and is now studiously ignoring anything to do with it. She gets annoyed when I am sick or tired too and as I had a mmc in jan at 12+ weeks she says its not real yet. I can understand her worries as I am a nervous wreck but could she keep them to herself, for once please arghh!

Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 14:32 PM   37
DeeM73
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I'm sure it will take time for you daughter to get round it,try not to worry.I have all that to come!Take care x

Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 15:59 PM   38
mumof3girls
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

She is probably just scared and doesn't want to let herself love this baby until it's showing was she ok with the last one? My daughter was really mad at me when I told her I was pregnant with my last child it took her until I was showing for her to come to love her too they don't like sharing their mums with anyone especially when it's just been the two of you, don't worry let her vent and I promise you she will come around

Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 16:11 PM   39
mumof3girls
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Ok update on my little chicken I had a scare yesterday I woke up and I had all the normal symptoms then exactly 1hour later all symptoms just disappeared I freaked out and went to the hospital prepared for the worst I spent 2 hours waiting only to have an informal ultrasound and to be told um sorry can't find the heartbeat will need to book u in for a formal ultrasound, so I went home and then went to my 6 week check up with my normal doctor which was yesterday anyway and he booked me in for the same day ultra sound with the words threatened abortion written on the scan papers, so went to scan and they did a normal ultrasound on my belly and saw the baby but no heartbeat by this stage I thought that was it, and I was trying to be brave and not to cry, the scan man said should I do the internal scan it will show a clearer picture but it's up to u, he didn't want to put me through more than what I had already gone through but I needed to know for sure so he did it, low and behold there was my little chicken looking perfect and clear and there was it's little heart beating away I'm so glad I decided to have that done otherwise they would have given my baby up for dead, I'm so grateful we found the heartbeat coz I love this little chicken so much and I would have been devastated if it had turned out differently, well if anyone's interested I have pictures on my journal of my 6 week ultrasound you are all welcome to come and take a look

Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 16:17 PM   40
DeeM73
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Glad all is well xx