LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 10th, 2012, 07:08 AM   11
wishingalways
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Hi Mrs max lovin the new thread, just what we needed i think. xxx

Just for you that dont know me, My names Nikki I am 32 and have been married to my DH for 5 years, I have actually been ttc for nearly 7 years. I have a gorgeous but cheeky 8 year old from a previous relationship but this baby is the first with my DH.

We had our first round of IVF at ninewells dundee and i am now 7 weeks pregnant. So so happy and over joyed but still hasnt sunk in yet.

I had my first scan yesterday and we saw a little heartbeat and a lovely sac. Measuring 51mm so spot on for dates.

Maniuti I too had another sac showing that was an odd shape, they could see the yolk sac or what they thought was a yolk sac but could not see a fetal pole so I am going back in two week to have another scan, they think it will have reabsorbed by then. I thought i might have been more upset by the one that didnt continue to grow but I am just so happy about having one lovely healthy bean.

I know what you mean Mrs Max I too am still a little scared although I am trying really hard to stay positive about everything after all there is no reason why anything should go wrong. I only get very mild nausea at certain times, still very tired but try to catch up on sleep at the weekends when Im off work. Very bloated still but probably down to the large ovaries still in there, they should go down over time but I definately look like I am about 3 months pregnant but its all bloat.

Hi Sweetcurly and Buster. looking forward to seeing your scan pics and sharing the journey. xxx

Old May 10th, 2012, 08:25 AM   12
desperate4567
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hi everone.
A little about me. . . Labor and delivery nurse. Ttc almost 2 years. Male factor so ivf is our only option. One failed ivf in February and got our bfp with fet in April. Beta 11dp3dt and 13dp3dt more than doubled so we are on our way. Hasnt sunk in yet and probably wont until ultrasound on may 14. So glad to be able to talk to others in similar situation. Haven't told friends and family yet until the ultrasound to make sure its real. I had trouble with my ticker but according to fet calculator due date would be 1-5-13 which makes me 6 weeks this coming Sunday.

Old May 10th, 2012, 08:56 AM   13
wishingalways
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Hi desperate4567, great news, isnt it so exciting. Well then being a labour and delivery nurse you know whats coming, is this your first! Sorry not trying to put you off. x What a fantastic job, getting to bring all those babies into the world, but must have been hard on you too. Wont be long until its your turn. xx

Old May 10th, 2012, 09:56 AM   14
Buster1
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Welcome Everyone,
Glad were see more ladies here. This is going to be so exciting. We just told our families last night. A little earlier than I wanted since my first scan isn't until the 18th. But my MIL was up visiting and she was going to leave before the first scan and my parents are leaving for vacation for the next two weeks and my dh wanted to tell them both together. Needless to say everyone is over the moon. But for me it still hasn't sunk in yet. I thought it would after telling the family, but it still doesn't seem real. I think there's something wrong with me. LOL

Old May 10th, 2012, 10:27 AM   15
desperate4567
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishingalways View Post
Hi desperate4567, great news, isnt it so exciting. Well then being a labour and delivery nurse you know whats coming, is this your first! Sorry not trying to put you off. x What a fantastic job, getting to bring all those babies into the world, but must have been hard on you too. Wont be long until its your turn. xx
My husband and I are high-school sweethearts. Dates 6 years, got married, ttc, now expecting our first baby!

Old May 10th, 2012, 10:29 AM   16
desperate4567
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

No buster. It hasn't sunk it for me either. It probably wont until i am throwing up or the ultrasound, whichever comes first.

Old May 10th, 2012, 10:41 AM   17
wishingalways
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I had my ultrasound yesterday and it still hasnt sunk in yet, my stomach is huge with bloatedness and im sure a little bit of bump although i know thats probably unlikely at 7 weeks but i cant suck it in anymore. Not sure when it will sink in, maybe at 12 weeks, maybe not till I feel it kicking not sure... Thought i would feel a bit different, just cautious i suppose. xx

Old May 10th, 2012, 14:33 PM   18
Buster1
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperate4567 View Post
No buster. It hasn't sunk it for me either. It probably wont until i am throwing up or the ultrasound, whichever comes first.

Old May 10th, 2012, 14:34 PM   19
Buster1
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought I was crazy for feeling this way.

Old May 10th, 2012, 16:51 PM   20
Gwynth
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Ms. Max: Thanks for making this thread! It is such a great idea!

My DH and I (I am 31 years old and my husband is 33 yrs old) have been TTC for over 2 years and we finally decided to try IVF after a few failed rounds of IUI. We had unexplained infertility. Our RE decided to have us do ICSI on half of the eggs to see if our eggs and sperm were not matching up on their own. 50 % of the eggs that were left alone fertilized. We got pregnant after our first round of IVF (5 day transfer) and I am beyond happy about it.

Being pregnant hasn't really sunk in yet. I feel the same except I'm also bloated and wish i could go running just to fit better in my clothes. It seems weird to already have a stomach, but maybe its from being bloated from the IVF treatment? Or maybe it's normal? Glad to hear I am not the only one going through that.

I've had a few minor bouts of nausea, but nothing bad. I'm happy about that, but also keep wondering when will i feel pregnant?