I don't know how but the small gas ring on my stove was left unlit but on since sometime yesterday evening. Me and my partner both have colds so didn't smell anything but when my mum came to pick up Indie for the day she could smell it strongly. Thats when I found the stove.
I've opened all windows and the back door had them open for 2 hours and am freezing! I got more and more paranoid so contacted british gas for advice and they are sending someone over.
Can gas be dangerous for an unborn baby? I have a slight headache but it might be due to the fact I have a cold. Can't contact doctor today anyway but should I be worried?
If it was just a gas leak, carbon monoxide should not be a major concern and airing out the house is the right thing to do. The bigger worry is setting your house on fire if gas is still leaking. Is there a valve that you can use to shut off the gas to your stove until you get the problem fixed properly?
If the worst symptom you have is a headache, then the baby is probably just fine. If the headache is from the gas, it should go away once you have had a few hours' fresh air. You can always ring your doctor tomorrow to be on the safe side, but I wouldn't worry too much in the meantime.
The carbon dioxide alarm got checked a month ago when we had our gas safety check, but didnt go off? British gas said the house was clear.
the scary thing is I woke up feeling awful and was going to light the kettle on the hob to have a honey and lemon but forgot. Thank god I didnt! My mum admit she might have knocked it because she cleaned my kitchen after I cooked.
I cant rely on movements for the baby as it all depends on position and cant feel every day. Ill call the doctors tomorrow and see what they say
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com by users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are solely those of the respective user or other third party. They do not reflect the opinions of BabyandBump.Momtastic.com and they have not been reviewed by a physician, psychologist or parenting expert or any member of the BabyandBump.Momtastic.com staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com. BabyandBump.Momtastic.com does not endorse any opinion, advice, statement, product, service or treatment made available on the website. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.