Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 05:54 AM   11
Talia12
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicpixie83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynewmom1 View Post
I tend to stress about this too.i gained 35-40 lbs with baby 1 and 3 and 25 lbs with baby 2. I'm starting out a little bigger this time so hoping I can keep closer to the 25 lbs again. I'm trying hard not to stress terribly as I know that doesn't help. I wish my midwife would agree not to weigh me at every appointment.. That's the worst for me for some reason lol so far I'm up 4-5 lbs which is really good for me although it's usually second trimester I really start gaining so I'm definitely nervous about it.
I refused to be weighed every time . It pissed them off at first but there's no need to be weighed at every appointment.
Agreed. And they can't force you or refuse to do other tests etc if you don't want to be weighed.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 05:58 AM   12
nordicpixie83
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Scottish Borders
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talia12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicpixie83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynewmom1 View Post
I tend to stress about this too.i gained 35-40 lbs with baby 1 and 3 and 25 lbs with baby 2. I'm starting out a little bigger this time so hoping I can keep closer to the 25 lbs again. I'm trying hard not to stress terribly as I know that doesn't help. I wish my midwife would agree not to weigh me at every appointment.. That's the worst for me for some reason lol so far I'm up 4-5 lbs which is really good for me although it's usually second trimester I really start gaining so I'm definitely nervous about it.
I refused to be weighed every time . It pissed them off at first but there's no need to be weighed at every appointment.
Agreed. And they can't force you or refuse to do other tests etc if you don't want to be weighed.
Definitely , I think at the beginning , somewhere in the middle and the end . Then only if needed , ie you notice a sudden weight gain or fluid retention .



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 12:04 PM   13
happynewmom1
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicpixie83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talia12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicpixie83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynewmom1 View Post
I tend to stress about this too.i gained 35-40 lbs with baby 1 and 3 and 25 lbs with baby 2. I'm starting out a little bigger this time so hoping I can keep closer to the 25 lbs again. I'm trying hard not to stress terribly as I know that doesn't help. I wish my midwife would agree not to weigh me at every appointment.. That's the worst for me for some reason lol so far I'm up 4-5 lbs which is really good for me although it's usually second trimester I really start gaining so I'm definitely nervous about it.
I refused to be weighed every time . It pissed them off at first but there's no need to be weighed at every appointment.
Agreed. And they can't force you or refuse to do other tests etc if you don't want to be weighed.
Definitely , I think at the beginning , somewhere in the middle and the end . Then only if needed , ie you notice a sudden weight gain or fluid retention .

You ladies are amazing! I had such a problem as a teenager with eating disorders and have had a hard time with body image as an adult.. The weighing me often thing is rough on me. I'm going to refuse it unless it is absolutely medically necessary later on. I'd rather keep an eye on it myself at home when I feel like it honestly.

Sevenofnine, try not to worry.. I have to tell myself this too if I go through a spurt of gaining more than I want to. I gained about what you have at this point with my other kids. I think I'm not gaining as quickly this time mostly because I started bigger but it doesn't mean I won't start gaining a lot more later and it doesn't mean you will keep gaining that going forward. I do think the majority of the time (unless we are sitting around eating junk food all day) that what we gain is what our bodies and babies need in that particular pregnancy. I understand completely though and pep talk myself a lot!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 13:24 PM   14
Talia12
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynewmom1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicpixie83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talia12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicpixie83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynewmom1 View Post
I tend to stress about this too.i gained 35-40 lbs with baby 1 and 3 and 25 lbs with baby 2. I'm starting out a little bigger this time so hoping I can keep closer to the 25 lbs again. I'm trying hard not to stress terribly as I know that doesn't help. I wish my midwife would agree not to weigh me at every appointment.. That's the worst for me for some reason lol so far I'm up 4-5 lbs which is really good for me although it's usually second trimester I really start gaining so I'm definitely nervous about it.
I refused to be weighed every time . It pissed them off at first but there's no need to be weighed at every appointment.
Agreed. And they can't force you or refuse to do other tests etc if you don't want to be weighed.
Definitely , I think at the beginning , somewhere in the middle and the end . Then only if needed , ie you notice a sudden weight gain or fluid retention .

You ladies are amazing! I had such a problem as a teenager with eating disorders and have had a hard time with body image as an adult.. The weighing me often thing is rough on me. I'm going to refuse it unless it is absolutely medically necessary later on. I'd rather keep an eye on it myself at home when I feel like it honestly.

Sevenofnine, try not to worry.. I have to tell myself this too if I go through a spurt of gaining more than I want to. I gained about what you have at this point with my other kids. I think I'm not gaining as quickly this time mostly because I started bigger but it doesn't mean I won't start gaining a lot more later and it doesn't mean you will keep gaining that going forward. I do think the majority of the time (unless we are sitting around eating junk food all day) that what we gain is what our bodies and babies need in that particular pregnancy. I understand completely though and pep talk myself a lot!
Me too. I suffered with eating disorders in my late teens/early twenties then relapsed again when my son was little so piling on the pregnancy pounds is a bit stessful but like you I pep talk myself and I really don't want to know how much I've gained. I totally agree as well that you're gaining exactly what your body/baby need as long as you're being sensible with diet and exercise. In pregnancy there can be kind of unexplained weight gain where it's frustrating because you think you're eating well but you're still gaining weight (in addition to bump of course). But I just see that as what my body decides is necessary for the baby and it's temporary.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 14:03 PM   15
happynewmom1
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talia12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynewmom1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicpixie83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talia12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicpixie83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynewmom1 View Post
I tend to stress about this too.i gained 35-40 lbs with baby 1 and 3 and 25 lbs with baby 2. I'm starting out a little bigger this time so hoping I can keep closer to the 25 lbs again. I'm trying hard not to stress terribly as I know that doesn't help. I wish my midwife would agree not to weigh me at every appointment.. That's the worst for me for some reason lol so far I'm up 4-5 lbs which is really good for me although it's usually second trimester I really start gaining so I'm definitely nervous about it.
I refused to be weighed every time . It pissed them off at first but there's no need to be weighed at every appointment.
Agreed. And they can't force you or refuse to do other tests etc if you don't want to be weighed.
Definitely , I think at the beginning , somewhere in the middle and the end . Then only if needed , ie you notice a sudden weight gain or fluid retention .

You ladies are amazing! I had such a problem as a teenager with eating disorders and have had a hard time with body image as an adult.. The weighing me often thing is rough on me. I'm going to refuse it unless it is absolutely medically necessary later on. I'd rather keep an eye on it myself at home when I feel like it honestly.

Sevenofnine, try not to worry.. I have to tell myself this too if I go through a spurt of gaining more than I want to. I gained about what you have at this point with my other kids. I think I'm not gaining as quickly this time mostly because I started bigger but it doesn't mean I won't start gaining a lot more later and it doesn't mean you will keep gaining that going forward. I do think the majority of the time (unless we are sitting around eating junk food all day) that what we gain is what our bodies and babies need in that particular pregnancy. I understand completely though and pep talk myself a lot!
Me too. I suffered with eating disorders in my late teens/early twenties then relapsed again when my son was little so piling on the pregnancy pounds is a bit stessful but like you I pep talk myself and I really don't want to know how much I've gained. I totally agree as well that you're gaining exactly what your body/baby need as long as you're being sensible with diet and exercise. In pregnancy there can be kind of unexplained weight gain where it's frustrating because you think you're eating well but you're still gaining weight (in addition to bump of course). But I just see that as what my body decides is necessary for the baby and it's temporary.
Exactly that!!! It's so hard mentally sometimes and I do still indulge at times. But for the most part if we aren't going crazy, our bodies knows what it needs!

I'm so sorry it's been a struggle for you too! My mom made a big deal of our weight and compared my sister's and I a lot and so I had a really hard time and was around 90lbs when I left home at 19. I had to work on it and got more healthy later but it's always a struggle. Pregnancy definitely makes it worse sometimes!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 14:44 PM   16
Talia12
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,707
I completely sympathise with anyone concerned about their weight gain during pregnancy although I have had people say to me when I've made comments about my weight that it's like I'm not worried about baby's welfare and only worried about basically my vanity. Which firstly is horrible because my eating disorders went a lot deeper than that, and also just untrue because whether a woman has had issues with her weight or not, as we can see from this thread there are plenty of ladies who aren't necessarily thrilled by the weight packing on during pregnancy and it definitely does not mean they don't care about their babies 🙄
What can you do...



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 15:28 PM   17
happynewmom1
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talia12 View Post
I completely sympathise with anyone concerned about their weight gain during pregnancy although I have had people say to me when I've made comments about my weight that it's like I'm not worried about baby's welfare and only worried about basically my vanity. Which firstly is horrible because my eating disorders went a lot deeper than that, and also just untrue because whether a woman has had issues with her weight or not, as we can see from this thread there are plenty of ladies who aren't necessarily thrilled by the weight packing on during pregnancy and it definitely does not mean they don't care about their babies 🙄
What can you do...

That is absolutely horrible! It's never crossed my mind that someone concerned about their weight gain wouldn't be caring about their baby! Although maybe it's because I've been there and understood the feeling. Blah some people and their comments. This being our 4th baby, it's getting easier for me to either shrug people off or speak up for myself. I'm already getting a lot of flack for even considering combo feeding instead of exclusively breastfeeding like I did with the others.. But it's not about them. We have to take care of ourselves so we can better take care of our babies



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 15:44 PM   18
Talia12
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,707
Ah funny you say that actually because I am also considering combination feeding when I exclusively bf'ed my son...it just made him SUCH a terrible sleeper plus it was so so hard to get him off the boob (he was 2.5 years when I managed it) terrible that you're taking flak for that! I'm not even telling anyone that's my plan, except DH who thinks it's a good idea. Yeah unsolicited advice in pregnancy is sooo annoying! Good that you're getting better at standing up to it though, hopefully I will a bit too haha!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 16:20 PM   19
happynewmom1
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talia12 View Post
Ah funny you say that actually because I am also considering combination feeding when I exclusively bf'ed my son...it just made him SUCH a terrible sleeper plus it was so so hard to get him off the boob (he was 2.5 years when I managed it) terrible that you're taking flak for that! I'm not even telling anyone that's my plan, except DH who thinks it's a good idea. Yeah unsolicited advice in pregnancy is sooo annoying! Good that you're getting better at standing up to it though, hopefully I will a bit too haha!
Right??? Our last didn't wean until she was 1.5 and it felt too long so I REALLY sympathize with you!!! This girl was nursing all the time even at night until I found out I was pregnant, was exhausted and had to quit for my own sanity lol I got really tired of complete dependence on me all the time and nobody else lol she's doing much better now thankfully!! I have only mentioned to a few people about combo feeding. I haven't told my mom or sister who will likely flip on me for it lol they can get over it haha

Op, I'm sorry we hijacked your thread! We can take this to private messages lol



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Oct 4th, 2017, 04:13 AM   20
nordicpixie83
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Scottish Borders
Posts: 648
I have suffered from body dysmorphia from the tender age of 10 , didn't get eating issues until 15ish though . I worked in horse racing from age 16 - 20 so there was pressure to stay around the 115lb mark. I went up and down between 118lb and 140lb from my early to late twenties . Was in a very unhealthy marriage and my ex husband would constantly tell me I was fat and unattractive. Then when I was pregnant I was so traumatised that I obsessively controlled calories , gained 17lb total, Still managed to grow a huge baby that needed her cord double clamped. . Anyway I eventually walked away from the destructive marriage . Met my current DH , alway weighed in around the 126lb. Then I got diagnosed with fibromyalgia, gained 35lb and hate , hate , hate myself ! I lost about 10 lb and then we started ttc , lost the first baby , gained the weight back . Got pregnant with this baby , had the WORST morning sickness so gained like 4-5 lb in first tri ! When my midwife booked me in I was absolutely horrified to hear my BMI was 29.2 . I've been miserable because rather than my usual lovely neat baby bump I've had in previous pregnancies , it's hidden under my flumpy tummy (had two csec so have the horrible apron tummy now I've put weight on ) . My boobs are just huge and I have covered up All my mirrors in the house as the sight of myself reduces me to tears .

Sorry for the offload . Feeling yuk today



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
17 , gain , weeks , weight , worries

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



SEO by vBSEO