Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 04:09 AM   11
maysiemoo
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: oxfordshire uk
Posts: 1,338
Sounds like ibs pain that can make you gasp in pain and comes in waves. Makes me feel like i am going to be sick sometimes. Then when i do need to pass a movement i can be back and forth for 30 mins. I have ibs on and off since i had my gallbladder out. Flipping nuisance i know its worse if i eat junk for more than a couple of days in a row. Some costa coffee toasted sandwiches start it off i know to avoid certain ones. Stress can make it worse. Does your wind smell really bad when you release it like a sewage plant sorry very graphic but it is a sign!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 12:39 PM   12
MaybeP
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Burlington, ON
Posts: 1,324
I slept for about an hour last night and woke up at 7am feeling a lot better. Theres just a dull ache on my bottom left side and I have some back ache. I tried calling the nurse at my doctors office but there was no answer and I left a message and no ones gotten back to me. I'm still not sure if I should go to a clinic or not. I don't want to go and wait hours for them to just say its gas but at the same time I haven't felt her moving today at all. Albeit I have just started feeling her on a daily basis in the last week, so that may not be a good indicator. Aghh I just wish the nurse would call me back



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 12:58 PM   13
staralfur
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 6,108
Do you guys have a nurse hotline of sorts in Ontario? In BC you can dial 811 and get ahold of a registered nurse at any time. If you do have something like that, I'd give that a try. I think more often than not they lean towards the side of caution and tell you to go to the hospital, but they might be able to provide some more detailed insight.

Good luck and I hope you feel better!



 
Status: Online
 
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 13:07 PM   14
_jellybean_
AutoSignup (SAAB)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,683
I'd just go into the hospital. A bowel obstruction can be on the serious side, so they will be able to run tests. It could be anything though. Could be gas...gas pains can be brutal! Still, so much better to be safe than sorry, especially since the pain is making you puke.

Please go to the hospital to get checked out.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 13:10 PM   15
MaybeP
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Burlington, ON
Posts: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by staralfur View Post
Do you guys have a nurse hotline of sorts in Ontario? In BC you can dial 811 and get ahold of a registered nurse at any time. If you do have something like that, I'd give that a try. I think more often than not they lean towards the side of caution and tell you to go to the hospital, but they might be able to provide some more detailed insight.

Good luck and I hope you feel better!
Thank you, we do actually have that but I never knew about it! It's called Telehealth Ontario. You may have saved me hours in emerg!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 13:14 PM   16
staralfur
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 6,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeP View Post
Thank you, we do actually have that but I never knew about it! It's called Telehealth Ontario. You may have saved me hours in emerg!
Yay! So glad I could help. Hopefully they DO actually have something they can tell you and not just send you to emergency anyway.



 
Status: Online
 
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 19:55 PM   17
The Alchemist
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,867
Hey checking up on you. Did you get answers from Telehealth Ontario and get any relief? I was also thinking bowel obstruction plus trapped gas. Hopefully, you've felt better!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 20:01 PM   18
PegLeg2na
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: U.S.
Posts: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by maysiemoo View Post
Sounds like ibs pain that can make you gasp in pain and comes in waves. Makes me feel like i am going to be sick sometimes. Then when i do need to pass a movement i can be back and forth for 30 mins. I have ibs on and off since i had my gallbladder out. Flipping nuisance i know its worse if i eat junk for more than a couple of days in a row. Some costa coffee toasted sandwiches start it off i know to avoid certain ones. Stress can make it worse. Does your wind smell really bad when you release it like a sewage plant sorry very graphic but it is a sign!
I just wanted to second this. I have IBS too (hasn't been too bad during pregnancy though!) where I've had extreme pain and I'm sure I would vomit if I could vomit easier (it's reeeeally hard for me to vomit). Peppermint tea can help on the upper end and a warm pack/bath and gentle tummy massage can help for the other end. Though sometimes just relaxing (going to sleep) helps relax everything enough for it to pass. I always have this tender spot in my lower right intestines so if it hurts there I know it's the IBS acting up. Hope you're feeling better!



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
bad, gas, makes, pain, puke

featured articles


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO