Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 29th, 2010, 09:53 AM   1
Miss_BB
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 783

ClearBlue Digital - Negative/Positive comparison


I thought i'd post this as I know some people (me included to start with) didn't know what to expect on opening a ClearBlue Digital test - I know the box says dont try and analyse the strips, but they do give a description on their website in the form of a PDF guide. http://www.clearblue.com/uk/HCP/pdf/CI_monograph.pdf

So here's a negative (Not Pregnant was on the display) even though there appears to be faint blue lines:


And heres a positive (1-2 Weeks was on the display but it looks like a 2-3 week on the PDF):


Hope this can help someone xx



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 29th, 2010, 10:02 AM   2
annetta80
Other
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11
Oh, thanks a lot! I'm in this exact situation! I opened a CB digi with NO PREG on the display, and inside I found the SAME lines as first picture...

I STILL don't know what to think...

(Sorry for my bad english: I'm italian)



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 29th, 2010, 10:11 AM   3
Miss_BB
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by annetta80 View Post
Oh, thanks a lot! I'm in this exact situation! I opened a CB digi with NO PREG on the display, and inside I found the SAME lines as first picture...

I STILL don't know what to think...

(Sorry for my bad english: I'm italian)

When is ur AF (menstrual period) due?
I would say get a FRER (First Response Early Result) - as these are not digital and rely on you and your eyes. Also they are super sensitive to low levels of the HCG hormone.

I would say if you got the same as the first picture on a CBDigi, then ur negative, and if you still think you could be, then get a FRER and test in a few days - or wait until your AF is due.

xx



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 29th, 2010, 10:30 AM   4
annetta80
Other
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11
You are very nice with me!

Honestly, I'm not searching for a baby ...I will get married on december and I'm quite busy with my wedding at the moment :-) ...I'm assuming my pills every day, but last month my period was a little bit strange and I'm worried about...So I take a CB digi, and (damn!!) I opened it!! I tried a "non digi" test, but evaporation lines are my obsession (maybe because I'm little scaried now)!!

Just a question for you, pretty please: CB lines like first picture, mean NEGATIVE or POSITIVE but too early? I can't make up m mind and I don't know if I should try other testd (maybe blood..argh!) or if I have to trust to not preg result...

Hope you can understand my situation...I'm very embaressed...



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 29th, 2010, 11:05 AM   5
Miss_BB
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by annetta80 View Post
You are very nice with me!

Honestly, I'm not searching for a baby ...I will get married on december and I'm quite busy with my wedding at the moment :-) ...I'm assuming my pills every day, but last month my period was a little bit strange and I'm worried about...So I take a CB digi, and (damn!!) I opened it!! I tried a "non digi" test, but evaporation lines are my obsession (maybe because I'm little scaried now)!!

Just a question for you, pretty please: CB lines like first picture, mean NEGATIVE or POSITIVE but too early? I can't make up m mind and I don't know if I should try other testd (maybe blood..argh!) or if I have to trust to not preg result...

Hope you can understand my situation...I'm very embaressed...
There is no need to be embarrassed, it is what websites like this are for .

The first picture COULD mean you tested too early, or you are infact negative.
If you are taking the pill, I would say ur negative and any lines COULD be a chemical positive for some reason OR the fact that ClearBlue Digi's seem to have 3 lines whether you are Positive or Negative from what I've read.

But to be sure, and for your own sanity, you should get a normal (not digital) - FRER test.

I did the ClearBlue Digi back on the 6th March and that is when it said I was Negative, 23 days later I tested positive, but it is possible I ovulated late.

Take another test hunny, and if its negative, leave it a week or if you haven't had a period then when you are due, test again.

xx



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 29th, 2010, 11:21 AM   6
annetta80
Other
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11
Thank you very much, Miss_BB, for your explanation! I DID a normal test 2 days ago and it seems to be negative...
However, I have another one CB digi at home. I did my first CB 4 days ago...if I'll use it tomorrow morning (so, 5 days later), should it be more believable?



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 29th, 2010, 11:26 AM   7
Miss_BB
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by annetta80 View Post
Thank you very much, Miss_BB, for your explanation! I DID a normal test 2 days ago and it seems to be negative...
However, I have another one CB digi at home. I did my first CB 4 days ago...if I'll use it tomorrow morning (so, 5 days later), should it be more believable?
I would leave it at least a week. I wouldn't use the CB Digi you have, but go get another normal test (FRER) with lines that you are allowed to see and can decided for yourself - if you do that you can take a picture of it, and then post it on here and see what other ladies think too.

When's your period due?

x



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 29th, 2010, 11:35 AM   8
annetta80
Other
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11
My next period's due is 15 april, BUT I had a "strange" period on 20 february (taking pills)...that's the reason why I'm testing during these days...my last unprotected sex (but assuming pills) was on 15 march...thanks in advance!



Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 03:59 AM   9
punkimunki
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 2
This was a great help - i busted mine open this morning and thought it must have been too weak to show a positive...oh well - thank you x



Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 05:08 AM   10
Kerrie-x
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 5,086
I had a 'Not pregnant' today, opened it up, and there is the control line, and a line next to it, then another line on the one above it!



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
clearblue , digital , negative , negative positive , positive

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO