Forum Rules


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 14:03 PM   1
KellyC75
Other
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Uk > Australia > UK!
Posts: 8,370

False negative~Or just UTI symptoms???


Hi Girls Just after your thoughts please

I am now 3 weeks late for AF! I tested about a week ago (using a clearblue digital) & it was

We arent actively ttc yet, just occasional ntnp!

I already have 3 children & I am feeling some of the usual symptoms, but also not all of the symptoms I usually experience ie: sore boobies & extreme sickness toward food

I have been diagnosed with a uti, which I am now on antibiotics for, I rang the nurse today & asked her if these are symptoms that go with a uti & all she said was 'wait & see if the antibiotics clear the symptoms up....Are you sure your not pregnant!'

These are my main symptoms:

Missed AF
Bloated feeling
Sickness feeling
Extreme dizzyness
Constipation (sorry tmi )
Needing to wee often

What do you Girls think? Im thinking of doing another pregnancy test if AF doesnt arrive within the next week or two...Thanks in advance



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 14:12 PM   2
MackMomma8
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,968
TMI: I get awful constipation the day or two before my AF is due. I always say , but then again, I really like POAS. Does it hurt when you go pee? Are you drinking more than normal? FWIW, those don't look like UTI symptoms to me, the look like PG symptoms!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 14:21 PM   3
KellyC75
Other
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Uk > Australia > UK!
Posts: 8,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMomma8 View Post
TMI: I get awful constipation the day or two before my AF is due. I always say , but then again, I really like POAS. Does it hurt when you go pee? Are you drinking more than normal? FWIW, those don't look like UTI symptoms to me, the look like PG symptoms!
Thanks for replying

It doesnt hurt when I pee, only a dull ache after I have been (ive had cystitus before & its similair, but not the same, also didnt clear up with the usual treatment I use )

I have been told its defo a uti....But im just wondering could it be something else too I know, only one way to know



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 14:27 PM   4
vaniilla
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 18,003
your body is very good at playing up and there really is no way of telling without testing, when I went to the gps over my spotting he said its normal to sometimes get a dodgy cycle or to not get a period at all, the majority of times when your pregnant you get a bfp with a week or so of AF, but you could still be pregnant, I say test, but I'm also addicted to POAS good luck hun I hope the uti clears up



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 14:29 PM   5
KellyC75
Other
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Uk > Australia > UK!
Posts: 8,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaniilla View Post
your body is very good at playing up and there really is no way of telling without testing, when I went to the gps over my spotting he said its normal to sometimes get a dodgy cycle or to not get a period at all, the majority of times when your pregnant you get a bfp with a week or so of AF, but you could still be pregnant, I say test, but I'm also addicted to POAS good luck hun I hope the uti clears up
Thanks for replying

The reason I am swaying more toward the being correct is that with all 3 of my Children I never had any false negative tests ~ By the time I tested they were all very strong results



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 14:51 PM   6
babynewbie
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: England
Posts: 7,629
Maybe test with a FRER hun x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 14:55 PM   7
KellyC75
Other
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Uk > Australia > UK!
Posts: 8,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by babynewbie View Post
Maybe test with a FRER hun x
I think the Clearblue is ok from missed period day

But also, im already 3 weeks late



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 14:55 PM   8
mouse_chicky
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Posts: 2,561
After you pee, does it feel like you still have to go? Sorry, too personal. That's how I always know when I have a uti. Also, were you suspeptible to utis during your pregnancies? I know I was.Could be both uti and bfp! Hope you feel better.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 14:57 PM   9
Sovereign
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Manchester
Posts: 7,241
You could still be pg hun, my mums friend was 6 weeks gone before she got her bfp x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 15:02 PM   10
KellyC75
Other
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Uk > Australia > UK!
Posts: 8,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse_chicky View Post
After you pee, does it feel like you still have to go? Sorry, too personal. That's how I always know when I have a uti. Also, were you suspeptible to utis during your pregnancies? I know I was.Could be both uti and bfp! Hope you feel better.
Thanks No, after I pee it doesnt feel like that ~ Just this dull achey feeling

But I do know just what you mean, when ive had cysitus its just like that & also when you go, not much pee comes out! 'ouchie'


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
You could still be pg hun, my mums friend was 6 weeks gone before she got her bfp x
Thanks

Eeek! In ways it would be better if im not pregnant just yet ~ Daughters only 6 months old & I would be having a 4th csection, we are also emigrating in 10 months time!

However if I was I would be really happy, nervous but happy! & I know it was 'meant to be'



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO