Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 17th, 2017, 01:58 AM   1
justmeinlove
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,025

40 and told if I go to my due date, csection!


Well I am choosing to interpet that as the day after my due date as that will make for a much cooler birthday 17.11.17.
I don't think I feel precious enough about the idea of a vbac to argue, as my main terror is something going wrong for me or baby.

Induction isn't an option due to previous emcs, which is fine by me as they sound horrible 😕

I get the impression that the baby is still currently breech anyway *sigh* so I might have to have a csec anyway 🙁

It would be nice to have the experience of a vaginal birth, assuming I could handle it, but I don't feel very optimistic atm. Apparently even if I do go into labour I will be on a time limit due to previous csec 😕



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 17th, 2017, 07:33 AM   2
Koifish
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 472
I don't blame you, I ve been back and fourth on Vbac for this one. I had an ecs last time and really wanted to go natural this time. I'd have to get a secondary opinion and switch obs/ hospitals and it may be that I still end up with a section anyways in which I'd rather be with my current OB. They aren't against me but they don't do vbac nor will the hospital if you had a section, cut type doesn't matter to them. I am struggling with what I want to do and nervous I'll end up with a section anyways or unable to do it. They also don't want me going past 38 weeks due to previous issues.

Just do what you feel is right and what you are comfortable with. It will work out and either way you will have a your precious baby in your arms!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 19th, 2017, 07:40 AM   3
HappiestMom
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 8,126
Awww I feel ya hun...I'm not even close (13w) but I'm trying for a VBAC with this one after two previous sections...it'll be almost 5 yrs since last section when this one is born so I'm hopeful and my midwife is on board...I'm
Anxious though this is my last baby and I sooooo want a vaginal natural birth so fingers crossed for both of us



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 20th, 2017, 13:35 PM   4
teacup
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,233
Ive been back and forth with this one too. I had an emergency c section with my first after 36 hours in labour, and they also messed up the epidural and gave me a Dural tap - which then caused me the worst headaches ever combined with the contractions! Baby was back to back, which was part of the reason I think she never appeared, but I was also told she had a very wide head that would never have fitted out!

I think I've decided on a planned c section because the risks with the scar worry me too much, which will cause me not to relax to labour properly. But I have my third consultant appointment next week, and I'm hoping I'll be able to persuade him this time to take my opinion seriously! The midwives have told me that it's my choice, but then the consultants are telling me the opposite.

I really want a natural birth but just don't want to endure it all again to end up with a c section anyway. I also don't want the baby stuck, and needing forceps, like my two sisters and mums first births were!

If you go into labour before your due date will you try for a VBAC? Xxx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 20th, 2017, 15:18 PM   5
justmeinlove
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,025
Pretty sure. Though currently freaking out as apparently hospital policy demands a canula on admission for vbac and i hate needles enough that it will destroy any good place I am in at that point. So not sure if it's worth it at all 😭

Isn't the scar risk Tiny though?!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 20th, 2017, 17:20 PM   6
teacup
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,233
It's 1 in 200. But that's the same risk as suffering a dural tap during an epidural, and I ended up with one of those. So that put it into perspective for me. Xxx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 07:28 AM   7
crazylilth1ng
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,581
Induction is an option in some places after a section. I was induced a few months ago and I have had a previous c section. It went smoothly for me. The risk of scar rupture is actually smaller than a lot of the other risks any mother including non section mothers face during labour and when you look at it that way it’s less scary.

Having said that, it’s up to you. If you have the option of a section and that is what you want then go for it. I was only so insistent on a vbac because I didn’t want the 6 weeks recovery time. Believe me, several hours into labour and I was wishing I had just picked the section 😂

Oh, and yes, I was on a “time limit” because of the scar tissue which was not the nicest thing. They even came in and put stockings and a gown on me at one point and made me remove my piercings because I was taking “too long” but thankfully I had him not long after that (good job really as I was ready to say sod this and just have the section because I didn’t like the labour pain). The benefits of not having to recover from surgery were huge to me already having 3 children.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 07:30 AM   8
crazylilth1ng
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacup View Post
It's 1 in 200. But that's the same risk as suffering a dural tap during an epidural, and I ended up with one of those. So that put it into perspective for me. Xxx
I ended up with a spinal leak during my section too. Was horrible. When you are the unfortunate statistic it does put things in a different perspective yes.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 28th, 2017, 05:58 AM   9
dan-o
Other
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 15,059
I also had a dural puncture from a spinal to remove my placenta! I do wonder about the statistics sometimes!!

I'm also 40 but happy for induction as I've had two before. Mine have agreed to start it at 38w naturally with sweeps, if not then admission at 39w. This is my choice tho, I could leave it to 40w but I'm scared of a late loss.

I don't thinking you *have* to get induced at your due date, it's just highly recommended. If you decline maybe they could get you in for daily CTG's or something? X



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO