Forum Rules


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 6th, 2018, 05:05 AM   11
angelbump
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynAnne View Post
I never did anything like that last time but my SIL passed on some RLT and capsules that she didn't use in her last pregnancy so I might give them a shot this time. My midwife last time told me RLT doesn't do anything to bring on labour but strengthens the uterus. After pushing for almost two hours and requiring an assisted delivery with DS I'm willing to give RLT a go if there's even a small chance it'll help.
No it doesn't bring on labour or help put you into labour but is apparently great for toning the uterus and softening cervix and i guess since it increases braxton hicks it does work on the toning side.
Shame braxton hicks dont tone your abs ay



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 6th, 2018, 11:37 AM   12
hellojello25
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbump View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynAnne View Post
I never did anything like that last time but my SIL passed on some RLT and capsules that she didn't use in her last pregnancy so I might give them a shot this time. My midwife last time told me RLT doesn't do anything to bring on labour but strengthens the uterus. After pushing for almost two hours and requiring an assisted delivery with DS I'm willing to give RLT a go if there's even a small chance it'll help.
No it doesn't bring on labour or help put you into labour but is apparently great for toning the uterus and softening cervix and i guess since it increases braxton hicks it does work on the toning side.
Shame braxton hicks dont tone your abs ay
Ahhh gotcha. Maybe I'll pass it up then. I only pushed for 20 minutes with my first. I imagine that it'll take even less time with this one. I just wasn't dilated at all with my first and wasn't having any contractions when I was induced. Like, they had a hard time even getting me to dilate to 2-3 cm, which is when they could start the Pitocin. So I was just hoping it would help me go into natural labor instead of being induced again.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 6th, 2018, 12:39 PM   13
jessicaftl
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 529
No kidding, haha... I did notice when first starting the rlt I had lots of bh, and it made my bowels cramp a bit too, but that also happens for me in the last month or so of pregnancy, so it probably wasn't ALL from the tea. My first took about 45 minutes of pushing, so going from 45 min to three pushes and popping out, I would definitely say it could help. I generally drink it without any sweetener and warm, but I'll drink it cold too, the taste doesn't really bother me either way and it doesn't really taste like a squash to me, so can't say there either.



 
Status: Online
 
Old Jun 6th, 2018, 20:11 PM   14
flipporama1
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Tampa bay area, Florida
Posts: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah369 View Post
Iíve never done either but my friend frank rlt with both her pregnancyís and both came 2 weeks early

Sorry if itís a stupid question but does it just taste like squash if you let it go cold. I donít drink tea or fruit teas and canít bare warm squash. But wondered if it would taste nicer cold
I make it like I would make sweet tea and mix it with black or green tea & sugar to taste. Then I put it in a pitcher in the fridge. It's actually pretty good this way hth



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 7th, 2018, 16:35 PM   15
bbbbbbb811
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lincolnshire UK
Posts: 823
I drank rlt in my first pregnancy and didn't even push my uterus did all the work(I was trying to hold her in as was in wheelchair on the way to delivery). For that reason I decided not to drink it in subsequent pregnancies



 
Status: Online
 
Old Jun 9th, 2018, 10:26 AM   16
angelbump
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbbb811 View Post
I drank rlt in my first pregnancy and didn't even push my uterus did all the work(I was trying to hold her in as was in wheelchair on the way to delivery). For that reason I decided not to drink it in subsequent pregnancies
Wow that's one powerful uterus you have there would put me off taking it too.
I have to say its not made mine any worse this time round although i am on low dose as im only just 33 weeks x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 9th, 2018, 12:05 PM   17
kittylady
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 2,255
I generally take it from 34 weeks onwards. 1 cup a day from 34 weeks, 2 cups a day at 36, 3 cups a day at 38 weeks and 4 cups a day at 39 weeks. I've not got passed 40+3 with any pregnancy. My pushing stage doesn't last longer than 30 minutes.


With my second I also had 6 dates a day from about 36 weeks and it was my easiest birth, only 4 hours. I've not done epo as I'm not sure about the side effects.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 11th, 2018, 10:58 AM   18
angelbump
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady View Post
I generally take it from 34 weeks onwards. 1 cup a day from 34 weeks, 2 cups a day at 36, 3 cups a day at 38 weeks and 4 cups a day at 39 weeks. I've not got passed 40+3 with any pregnancy. My pushing stage doesn't last longer than 30 minutes.


With my second I also had 6 dates a day from about 36 weeks and it was my easiest birth, only 4 hours. I've not done epo as I'm not sure about the side effects.
Thankyou,
What are dates supposed to be good for? Never heard of that one.
I havent done epo either and seems alot of the woman on this post only do the rlt x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 11th, 2018, 18:31 PM   19
lilmisscaviar
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 6,098
I drank RLT in my last two pregnancies. I drank it starting at 36 weeks with baby #3 but didn't go into labor until 39 weeks exactly. The RLT did nothing to help make it easier to get her out, in fact I had to use a peanut ball in the end to get her to turn because she was facing back-to-back.

With baby #4 I started drinking it at 34 weeks (a different brand this time) and ended up going into premature labor at 35 weeks. He came within 30 minutes of pushing so not too bad. It did seem that this new brand worked better for me than the old brand. I drank it twice a day.

It tastes pretty bitter so I second the pp that stated you'll need something to sweeten it if you don't like sour stuff.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 14th, 2018, 12:43 PM   20
kittylady
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 2,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbump View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady View Post
I generally take it from 34 weeks onwards. 1 cup a day from 34 weeks, 2 cups a day at 36, 3 cups a day at 38 weeks and 4 cups a day at 39 weeks. I've not got passed 40+3 with any pregnancy. My pushing stage doesn't last longer than 30 minutes.


With my second I also had 6 dates a day from about 36 weeks and it was my easiest birth, only 4 hours. I've not done epo as I'm not sure about the side effects.
Thankyou,
What are dates supposed to be good for? Never heard of that one.
I havent done epo either and seems alot of the woman on this post only do the rlt x

Dates are supposed to reduce the time spent in the first stage of active labour. The second pregnancy when I did try that in combination with rlt as above, my labour was 4 hours from start to finish. It may be a fluke, but my last labour dragged at the start so I may try it again this time as there have been no reported side effects to the date protocol.



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
epo when , rlt

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



SEO by vBSEO