Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 11:41 AM   1
lovin_it
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CANADA
Posts: 362

ATE Mold...????


I just ate a peice of bread and noticed when I went back for another that they had mold on them...will this hurt baby?? urgh...so grossed out right now. anybody else ate mold before?? what happens??

there were only tiny spots on the bread...but still YuCkIE!!



Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 11:47 AM   2
hayzeb
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,366
I actually did the other day too . I have had no bad effects so I'm sure you and bubbs will be fine.

That mold is sooooo sneaky, the bread looks totally fine so you start munching and then you see a spot of green mold lurking. Ewwwwwww. xx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 12:35 PM   3
Kaitybug
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 514
Ew that's unpleasant!!
Unless you start feeling off, I would think just a tiny bit would be okay. If it were me, though, I would gross myself out and make myself sick thinking about it.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 18:55 PM   4
lovin_it
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CANADA
Posts: 362
thanks ladies!! I felt a little nauseaus for a while, but I think it was just the thought of eating it..

one minute your munching down on something yummy and then you notice green fuzz...eewww....



Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 19:01 PM   5
AngelzTears
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,342
Here in the south where its so hot things tend to go bad quite fast. my Husband and I both have eaten things that we noticed were moldy after a few bites, and nothing bad ever happened. I think you're probably okay. Just make sure to notice if anything is out of the ordinary with you or baby



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 20:36 PM   6
Seity
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 17,748
You're fine. Bread mold is non-toxic and totally edible. In fact, the medicine Penicillin is derived from the Penicillium mold found on bread.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 03:38 AM   7
hayzeb
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seity View Post
You're fine. Bread mold is non-toxic and totally edible. In fact, the medicine Penicillin is derived from the Penicillium mold found on bread.
Wow thats interesting. Thanks



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 09:26 AM   8
lovin_it
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CANADA
Posts: 362
thanks ladies. I think all is fine. Baby is still bouncing up a storm, and I feel normal...

Well maybe not normal...lol....but as close to normal as we can feel being pregnant.

Maybe just maybe....if I had any infection in my body that mold will clear it up...lol....bahahaha...just kidding. Have a wonderful day ladies!!



Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
ate , mold

featured articles


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO