Forum Rules


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 04:11 AM   1
ghazal
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 73

vbac after a csection?


Hi all,
1st of all sorry if my english is wrong as i am from India.
I had a previous csection & want to try a vaginal deleivery now.I am 39wks today & doc told me she cant wait for the labour to start after 40wks due to previous csect.

Anybody experienced that,had a csect & did wait for the labour to start even after 40wks?Waiting for the replies



Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 06:11 AM   2
littleblonde
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: shropshire
Posts: 7,230
yes. I am 40 weeks 1 day and i am being left till 41 weeks. I had a section with my 1st x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 06:35 AM   3
jellytot3
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North East, UK
Posts: 1,504
My sister was told that. She had a c-section with her first baby and went overdue with her second, she delivered vaginally and everything was fine x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 06:41 AM   4
Nashysgirlxxx
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 172
Yep, i had c section with first and had 2nd via VBAC at 12 days late hope this one isn't too late as want as natural as possible xx



Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:35 AM   5
SmokyJoe78
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 600
I'm going for a VBAC this time. The doctor told me they'd like to do another c-section at 41 weeks if the baby hadn't come by then, but I got them to agree to 42 weeks.
However, since then I've told them that I'm not booking an appointment for a section because I don't want to feel like I'm being pressured by a time scale. I reckon the baby will just come when he/she is ready, even if that's at 43 weeks +



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:46 AM   6
Jenni4
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 662
Hi....I think it also depends on the country you are living as well as the dr. In the states they wouldn't even let me try a VBAC...but here in the UAE she will let me go over by a few days if it looks like labor is going to happen....definitely will not let me go more than 5-7 days over my due date as they bigger baby gets the greater strain on the uterus causing rupture....although risk is still very minimal. Good luck! I hope you get your vbac!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 11:12 AM   7
Tommee
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: East Yorkshire
Posts: 288

Can I change my mind & opt for a C Section now instead of VBAC?


Sorry posted my thread in wrong section



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 11:42 AM   8
SassyLou
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 2,762
Hi I delivered my 1st son by c-section almost 22 years ago.

My 2nd son was an induced VBAC at 40 + 3 weeks

My 3rd son was an induced VBAC at 42 weeks (although I only needed my waters breaking and I went into labour)



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:05 PM   9
YoungMummy08
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North West London
Posts: 885
i have been told if i havent gone into labour by 39 weeks i will be induced for my vbac as they want me to go natural and my hospitals policy does not allow me to go over due so they want to kick start her entry. hope you get the birth you want xx



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO