Well ive had my 36 week MW appointment today and have to go for a scan tomorrow as MW thinks LO is breech. I know they will offer me an ECV if she is but im going to refuse it as ive heard there are risks involved and its painful. After having 3 early miscarraiges i have been a nervous wreck throughout this pregnancy and even though it has been an non-complicated pregnancy (upto now) i just feel that things may change if she is breech. Has anybody had a breech baby at 36 weeks who has turned and delivered head first?? I dont mind if i have to go for a c-section but im scared to go into early labour if baby is breech...i just want her here safe in my arms now
I don't have any experience with birth etc but one of my boys is breech and I am going to have a c-section. Maybe you should ask for one too? They will probably agree if your LO really is breech. Once they do agree they'll put it in your notes so that even if you went into labour earlier, you would be taken in immediately and given the section. It is however not impossible to give birth to a breech baby. One brave lady on here even had a homebirth with breech twins. But I have no advice on that, sorry. Good luck!
Thank you, i think i would opt for the C Section over a vaginal breech birth anyday! But would rather have a normal birth than a c section if you know what i mean. I think i will request a c section should i go into labour whilst she is breech and like you say at least this will be on my notes. thanks again xx
this happened to me and i refused an ecv. went for scan and baby was head down but he didnt engage. He then then turned to footling breech. My lo wouldnt stay head down because i have a heart shaped uterus and in the end i went for a scan at 39+5 days as he was breech again and they kept me in, did ecv which failed then a c section. Just explain that you dont want the ecv and would rather go straight for c section im sure they will just book you straight in. dont worry it will be fine. pm me if you want to know anythingx
Im in the same boat
I had an emergency c-section with my first after 24 hours of labor then had an awesome vbac with my second and thru out this whole pregnancy been thinking that I would be having another vbac ..yesterday I had an ultrasound to see how big the baby is and to my surprise he is breech and im already 4 cms dilated!!! so if I go into labour right now I will have an emergency section and if he doesn't flip its a section Im so stressed out! Its not easy to be honest in terms of recovery..natural is not easy either but its a different type of recovery and I think I could handle that much better especially with having two other kids to take care of..
Good luck hun I hope both our babies flip very soon and we get our natural births
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com by users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are solely those of the respective user or other third party. They do not reflect the opinions of BabyandBump.Momtastic.com and they have not been reviewed by a physician, psychologist or parenting expert or any member of the BabyandBump.Momtastic.com staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com. BabyandBump.Momtastic.com does not endorse any opinion, advice, statement, product, service or treatment made available on the website. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.