at 32w 4 days my little miss was small at 3lbs 8 oz.. then 2 weeks later she shot up to 5lbs 5 oz. and now at 36w2d she's an even 6lbs. She's been under the 50% percentile each time but they are happy with her progress. Maybe your lo will have a growth spurt also
i really was shocked because each time I had a scan ( ever 2 weeks ) she was measuring small and they would circle her weight in red and then bam suddenly a large weight gain in such a short time spam and then another small one.. this time i got a smiley face next to her weight lol They expect her to be under 8lbs when she's born.. roughly they are thinking 7lbs 5 oz's, which I'm happy with. When my DD was born 17 years ago she was 7lbs 6 oz's so it wouldn't surprise me if this one is roughly the same size Keep us posted on your little bean's progress
I was scheduled for an elective section at 39 weeks booked for the 12 th April, I had to have a placenta scan at 36 weeks to check place Tao position and they did a growth scan at the same time.
Once the consultant saw the scan report, they decided little one had stopped growing somewhere between 33 and 34 weeks and brought my c section forward to 37 weeks which was 28th March. He was estimated by scan at 4lb 13oz at 36+2 and when delivered at 37+0 he was 5lb 11oz. I was given 2 steroid injections 24 hrs apart on 23rd and 24th March to make sure his lungs were good.
When born his apgar at 1,5 and 10 minutes was 9 which is really good, he cried as soon as he came out. He is doing really well breast feeding although I do have to express for some feeds and I cannot let him go over 4 hrs between feeds. We left hospital 48hrs after my section with no problems.
You will find they offer you induction, I already had a c section booked due to spinal osteo arthritis.
Jules ill keep you updated. Wats the reason for your induction? I was 7.6 when i was born and oh was only a few oz over. We arw both short too so he is prob taking after his parents!
I have gestational diabetes that is being controlled with pills and diet so my high risk specialists policy is 39 weeks if there are meds involved. Though I admit I am more scared to go into natural labor then to be induced again lol
With my first baby , they was concerned did regular scanning, they didn't let me go over 40 wks, I was induced, I've also been induced with my other children and found the labours more intense, my son was spontaneous and found the labour much more bearable. If I don't go into labour by myself this time due to gd I will be having c sec.. I do not want a c sec!
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com by users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are solely those of the respective user or other third party. They do not reflect the opinions of BabyandBump.Momtastic.com and they have not been reviewed by a physician, psychologist or parenting expert or any member of the BabyandBump.Momtastic.com staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com. BabyandBump.Momtastic.com does not endorse any opinion, advice, statement, product, service or treatment made available on the website. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.