BabyandBump

BabyandBump (http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/)
-   General (http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/general/)
-   -   Lovely Ladies TTC (http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/general/1287613-lovely-ladies-ttc.html)

AngelNoelle Oct 15th, 2012 09:26 AM

Lovely Ladies TTC

This is a group for the "Anyone Testing On Or Around October 15th?" gals from the tww forum. Those of us interested are moving here to form our own group, and to keep within the rules of the site! I'm looking forward to seeing all of my lovely ladies here!! :hugs: and :dust:

Babymummaxxx Oct 15th, 2012 09:41 AM

What should I do to increase my chances next month if my AF does come? Would appreciate it as I am a novice at this. Thanks for the heads up about the new forum :)

AngelNoelle Oct 15th, 2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babymummaxxx (Post 22170977)
What should I do to increase my chances next month if my AF does come? Would appreciate it as I am a novice at this. Thanks for the heads up about the new forum :)

I'm not really an expert like some of the other ladies on here, but I think that the first step is to try and pinpoint when you O. You can find a lot of ovulation calculators online, type in your info and they can give you a ballpark of a few days when O'ing is likely. You will want to BD a few days before then on the likely days and maybe even a couple days afterwards just to be safe :winkwink:

You can also check your CM. When you O, it will be thin and stretchy like egg white, that is called fertile cervical mucous. If you're getting that, then it's time to BD!!

You can start to temp to pinpoint O'ing, or use OPK's which are like a hpt that checks for hormones that show O is coming.

Make sure you're using a sperm friendly lube, as many of them, including saliva will kill sperm. There is one called Preseed that many women swear by, you can find it online or at a drugstore.

After you BD stay lying down for 15 to 30 minutes to give the swimmers a chance to reach for the egg.

Make sure you're taking some kind of prenatal or fertility vitamin, and your OH can take a men's version. There are also a number of supplements you can take to help with CM, egg health, O'ing, etc. You can do an internet search for those, I haven't taken any myself yet, but I'm researching.

Make sure OH isn't taking hot baths, or hot tubbing, the increased temp can damage his sperm.

Of course abstain from drinking alcohol, any type of drugs (duh) unless your doc tells you it's ok for conception and pg. Limit your caffiene to 1-2 cups of coffee or sodas a day, or stop caffiene altogether.

There's sooo much info out there, I would suggest to do a google search and find a reliable site, like a .org or something. I hope this gets you started though, and happy BD'ing!!! :winkwink:

Babymummaxxx Oct 15th, 2012 10:57 AM

Thanks a lot wait till my man gets home and I tell him my plans lol get everything set into motion. Is it ok to take folic acid when trying to conceive or just after you've conceived?

AuCa Oct 15th, 2012 11:21 AM

Yay, so excited about the new group, thanks AngelNoelle! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

And lots of :dust::dust::dust::dust: to everybody!

Smiler82 Oct 15th, 2012 11:22 AM

Hello, may I join in over here, this is a good idea AngelNoelle :)

Babymumma it is fine to take folic acid now, in fact it's preferable to waiting til you're actually pregnant x

AuCa Oct 15th, 2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babymummaxxx (Post 22173365)
Thanks a lot wait till my man gets home and I tell him my plans lol get everything set into motion. Is it ok to take folic acid when trying to conceive or just after you've conceived?

Yes, you can take folic acid (or maybe better a mix of prenatal vitamins) even before you conceive. It is actually recommended that you do as soon as you are TTC :thumbup:

Babymummaxxx Oct 15th, 2012 12:09 PM

Thank you for the advice ladies. I'm feeling really positive for the future! :D

babyoneill Oct 15th, 2012 13:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babymummaxxx (Post 22170977)

i would use ovulation sticks and temping method and checking cm its worked for me

AngelNoelle Oct 15th, 2012 13:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiler82 (Post 22174195)
Hello, may I join in over here, this is a good idea AngelNoelle :)

Babymumma it is fine to take folic acid now, in fact it's preferable to waiting til you're actually pregnant x

We wouldn't have it without you!! :flower: