BabyandBump

BabyandBump (http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/)
-   Baby Club (http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/baby-club/)
-   -   Anyone else overwhelmed by love? (http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/baby-club/1917005-anyone-else-overwhelmed-love.html)

patooti Jul 8th, 2013 04:17 AM

Anyone else overwhelmed by love?

I bonded with lo right away but lately I find myself just completely overwhelmed by how much I love my little boy. He's just over five months old and I want to stop time and just enjoy him. Downside is that sometimes the thought if anything bad happening to him paralyses me and I no longer really care about myself to the point of pretty much self neglect. I was a pretty selfish person before lo. Anyone else a but shocked by the amount of love involved in motherhood. I knew I would love him but I guess I assumed it would be a normal sort of love like you feel for other family members but this is intense, not sure I was ready for this. I was one if those childless people that would find it offensive when parents said stuff like you can't understand the love for a child but now I totally get it. Have to keep that to myself though ;) because I recall how annoying I found it when I thought I would never have a baby.

fairydust87 Jul 8th, 2013 04:23 AM

I fall more in love everyday. I didnt know this much emotion was possible. Best feeling ever and the good thing is it will never go away :)

minties Jul 8th, 2013 04:29 AM

I'm overwhelmed x2. It's amazing to have these perfect, fabulous kids in my life.

Ilm shining my cellphone at Sophie right now and watching her sleep, which sounds a lot less creepy in my head!

missk1989 Jul 8th, 2013 04:30 AM

Oh yes. I have so much love for my baby that i cannot imagine how i would live without him now, in fact i dont think i could. I am so overwhelmed i still cry when he learns something new or bumps his head or when he smiles a big happy smile. When people say things like "just leave him to cry" i actually want to punch them! I appreciate my own parents alot more now than before motherhood. I can understand why they did the things they did even if i dont agree with them.

AngelofTroy Jul 8th, 2013 04:39 AM

Yes, I often cry thinking about him and when he's napping I am often just looking at his pictures on my phone!!

schnoogles Jul 8th, 2013 04:54 AM

I could have written your post myself. I was shocked when my DH told me the other day that he felt this way, that the thought of anything happening to LO terrifies him. I don't know why I was shocked though, they are very well bonded and I know I feel that way. I guess I thought it was a mummy thing. It's lovely to know that he is also overwhelmed! X

patooti Jul 8th, 2013 05:07 AM

Glad I'm not alone and yes my DH is like this too. Both if us often tear up when he does something new or cute. I'm same with crying, no way I could just leave him to it at this stage anyway when he can't understand what is happening etc.

Beccaboop Jul 8th, 2013 05:07 AM

Me!! Im constantly kissing and telling my lo i love him sometimes i well up a bit just thinking about how much i love him! I think hes the most gorgeous baby in the world too!! I dont think ive ever seen a baby as gorgeous as my little guy!!! :)

If i see or hear of anything about a baby being neglected, hurt or dyeing i immediately think about how i could ever live my life if anything like that happened to my lo and often it makes me cry just thinkng about it!!

Also i will happily skip meals cos lo needs me or sit in an uncomfortable position for over an hour to make sure my lo gets a good nap!!

I cant believe i ever had gender disappointment when i was pregnant!! How could i ever be disappointed to have my little sexy man??!!

disneydarling Jul 8th, 2013 06:11 AM

I feel exactly like this, I am OBSESSED with my baby girl. I just stare at her constantly, and in the evenings when I give to my husband so I can make dinner or have a shower, I just keep running back to look at her and kiss her some more.

Yesterday we were at a family BBQ, and everybody was sitting outside eating, while I sat alone inside playing with her to keep her cool, and I realised that I was so happy to be doing that. I preferred being inside with her, with no company, and hungry, than I would have been sitting outside in the sun with my family enjoying a BBQ, because I knew she was happier inside. I would do absolutely anything to make her happy, I'm so glad she is mine.

My husband thinks I'm a little crazy because I take hundreds of photos of her every week. She is just so gorgeous that I can't stop capturing it! Anybody else do this?

Feline Jul 8th, 2013 07:33 AM

Seriously, I could have written your post! It's amazing isn't it! X