BabyandBump

BabyandBump (http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/)
-   Pregnancy - Third Trimester (http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/)
-   -   Can Stress bring on Labour? (http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/228113-can-stress-bring-labour.html)

purpledahlia Nov 25th, 2009 06:54 AM

Can Stress bring on Labour?

Can stress and upset bring on labour and does it affect the baby??

MummyToAmberx Nov 25th, 2009 06:56 AM

I was stressed for 90% of pregnancy with amber, no affect on her, no early labour.

Becky Nov 25th, 2009 06:57 AM

I was under alot of stress during my pregnancy and loads the night before my waters broke at 36 weeks!

Jacob seems fine though x

purpledahlia Nov 25th, 2009 06:58 AM

so it wont distress the baby then.. while theyre still inside?

Eve Nov 25th, 2009 07:02 AM

Not too sure, I was super stressed and scared (so young with my first) and he came bang on time and was fine. I think if you have high blood pressure before hand than stress might not be terribly good for bubs. I do find when I get upset or real stressed this pregnancy I start getting cramps more though :S

sweetlullaby Nov 25th, 2009 07:20 AM

I find that if im really stressed or upset it makes me feel awful, as in really warm, sicky and headache feeling like theres loads of pressure building up in my head...had this yesterday but LO is fine and still snug as a bug in there kicking away though i did notice he/she was way quieter when i was stressed out! ....hope your ok!!Don't know if it can bring on early labour or not! xx

katieeandbump Nov 25th, 2009 07:38 AM

i think the only time stress can affect baby is if it makes ur blood pressure high? im really stressed most of the time and get alot of random panic attacks but hes seems fine so far and is measurein right so i doubt it does much :) they r totally oblivious in there the little monkeys :) xx

purpledahlia Nov 25th, 2009 07:40 AM

yeah she went really quiet when i was really upset, was like crying hysterically and screaming and didnt feel anything, gonna go have a long hot shower and a cup of rasberry leaf tea. :)

FemmeEnceinte Nov 25th, 2009 07:52 AM

I may be making this up but I'm sure you've mentioned that before? That she goes quiet when you're upset?

Anyway, I'm pretty stressed atm with a house move, baby due and lots to organise at pretty much the same time. She seems OK, all was well at the mw appt yesterday. I will say though, she seems to go quiet when I'm talking... maybe she's listening? Your LO could be doing the same? Nosy things.

eddjanuary10 Nov 25th, 2009 07:53 AM

think bubs can sense somethings not right, not sure how, but the couple of times i've been really stressed/crying alot bubs actually became more active than usual, really kicking me as if to say 'hey calm down mum!' just keep an eye on your blood pressure x