BabyandBump

BabyandBump (http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/)
-   Pregnancy - Second Trimester (http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/)
-   -   Craving fruit/fruit juice (http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/475728-craving-fruit-fruit-juice.html)

1sttimemama2b Nov 30th, 2010 18:16 PM

Craving fruit/fruit juice

Ever since I got pregnant, the only thing that doesn't turn my stomach is fruit! I've had major cravings for watermelon, grapes, grapefruit and fruit juices. My fridge is stocked with orange, apple, and grape juices. I know it's healthy but I can't help but worry about the sugar, esp on the fruit juices. I suppose its better than soda though. Anyone else having these cravings.

ermm23a Nov 30th, 2010 18:20 PM

I crave orange and cranberry juice. I try to drink a ton of water, but I always throw in a splash of the cranberry juice to give it a little flavor.

I also crave all things carb..... Just had 3 hot crusty cibatta rolls dripping in salted olive oil...... I am going to be a whale.

1sttimemama2b Nov 30th, 2010 18:28 PM

Carbs for sure!! I was a carb addict before though anyway. My Dr. gives me a tough time, she says "no refined carbs" i.e bagels, pastries, pasta, etc. Wheat bagels are just okay and when I want pasta I don't want the wheat kind.

Mini_Me_x Nov 30th, 2010 18:29 PM

I bought 2 big cartons of Innocent fruit stuff - and someone told me tonight how bad it is cos of sugar of something - theres me thinking 'oh 2 of my 5 a day - how good am i!?'

Urgh!xxx

mislaww Nov 30th, 2010 18:30 PM

Yes I eat massive quantities of fruit. Mmm.... had about 5 servings today and it's not even dinner time yet.

But I stay away from the juice - if I drank as much as I want to, I'd give myself diabetes for sure!

I also crave chocolate. And meat. And carbs. And cheese and milk. And potato chips. And spicy food. And...and....and....the list is endless.

R J 1980 Nov 30th, 2010 18:36 PM

With my first baby (a boy) I craved fruit BIG TIME. Oh my god I fantasized about it! lol

mislaww Nov 30th, 2010 18:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mini_Me_x (Post 8011815)
I bought 2 big cartons of Innocent fruit stuff - and someone told me tonight how bad it is cos of sugar of something - theres me thinking 'oh 2 of my 5 a day - how good am i!?'

Urgh!xxx

I'm sure you're fine if it's just 2 servings a day! Unless you eat as much chocolate as I do...

1sttimemama2b Nov 30th, 2010 19:01 PM

I do buy the 100% juice with no sugar added, but still it's a lot of natural sugar. I try to limit myself to 2 juices a day and 3 fruits. I guess thats not so bad. But some days I just don't want to drink water all day. I also drink the juice with ice sometimes, so it gets more watered down. Here I am now, my mouth is watering for some orange juice! MMMMMMmmmm so good!

Oh potato chips ar another big time craving. And french fries of course. Basically I crave all the stuff I used to like. The only aversion I have had is to bacon, and I think it might be going away. Also I don't crave cheese as much as I used to or chocolate. Although occasionally I get a craving for chocolate.

mislaww Nov 30th, 2010 19:07 PM

Mmmm...bacon. Sorry you're off of it.

Yeah, I think 2 servings is probably okay and it's great that you're getting your 5 servings.

Also mmmm...orange juice.

tinkerbellkj Nov 30th, 2010 19:21 PM

I'm obsessed with fruit and juice! I always loved fruit before, but now it's that much better, esp. watermelon, I can inhale that!