Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 26th, 2017, 15:00 PM   51
mrsbertrand
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 134
Swimming, How are you doing?

I caved and tested today as I've been feeling particularly queezy. BFN, obviously lol.The TWW is SO HARD. Sometimes I feel like I'll never see a BFP.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 26th, 2017, 16:33 PM   52
Swimming
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbertrand View Post
Swimming, How are you doing?

I caved and tested today as I've been feeling particularly queezy. BFN, obviously lol.The TWW is SO HARD. Sometimes I feel like I'll never see a BFP.
AF is on the way. I've been cramping all week... SUPER emotional. I know they say femara is supposed to be less intense then clomid, and I have no doubts that it is, however, I still think it just intensified my PMS.

While 8DPO is super super early, and I DO HOPE that you get your BFP! Can we meet up for next month if you don't?

I feel like I will never see a BFP either. Very discouraged actually. But! I just watched these infertility vlogs on youtube, and its crazy how some people try for 3 years, finally get a bfp, and then somehow get pregnant with the second naturally. Helps to cheer me up I think.

I'm a little scared to move on to injections if Feb's Femara cycle doesn't work. But I will do whatever it takes!

I forgot mrsbertrand, are you on femara or anything?



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 26th, 2017, 19:48 PM   53
mrsbertrand
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimming View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbertrand View Post
Swimming, How are you doing?

I caved and tested today as I've been feeling particularly queezy. BFN, obviously lol.The TWW is SO HARD. Sometimes I feel like I'll never see a BFP.
AF is on the way. I've been cramping all week... SUPER emotional. I know they say femara is supposed to be less intense then clomid, and I have no doubts that it is, however, I still think it just intensified my PMS.

While 8DPO is super super early, and I DO HOPE that you get your BFP! Can we meet up for next month if you don't?

I feel like I will never see a BFP either. Very discouraged actually. But! I just watched these infertility vlogs on youtube, and its crazy how some people try for 3 years, finally get a bfp, and then somehow get pregnant with the second naturally. Helps to cheer me up I think.

I'm a little scared to move on to injections if Feb's Femara cycle doesn't work. But I will do whatever it takes!

I forgot mrsbertrand, are you on femara or anything?
We can absolutely meet up next month! I'll be following you all even if I do get my BFP.

I've heard about a natural second conception as well, fingers crossed for that! I know sometimes it's easier to be realistic and not get our hopes up, but I have read a bit about others who have had success and still experienced all their normal PMS symptoms. Raghinald, I think you said had the same experience┐

I am expecting AF between Feb 1-3rd. I am really hoping this works, we were considering IVF for April if it doesn't but it's really not in our budget
Sounds terrible that I have to fit fertility treatments into my budget but they want the cost up front. At least with a kid you have time to accumulate all the things you need. We might do another three rounds of IUI if no success by April.

I was on Femara CD3-7, one a day for 5 days. But they measure Day 1 based on what time during the day it starts. So Technically I got my full flow by about 9pm on the tuesday, but because it was after NOON they counted Wednesday as my day one. I find that so odd.

What are the injections that you would be taking?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 27th, 2017, 00:28 AM   54
Ragnhild
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Sweden
Posts: 323
Sorry about the bfn mrs bertrand... But of course its early and you should wait till 13dpo at least before thinking about the nexy cycle. Fx for you. And i feel your financial strain... We could only afford one iui before saving up again and trying in april-may. Plus you had 2 inseminations this cycle so i would say your odds are considerably better.

Sorry about the symptoms swimming but i had them too and hope this is your lucky month!! When are you due. Have you tested or just going by symptoms? And dont lose hope... This is my first ever bfp in 4.5 years... Of course i was at the same point as you... Thinking ill never see one. Theres hope for us all, no matter how long it takes.



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 27th, 2017, 07:02 AM   55
Swimming
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 82
I just love this thread!

When I am due is actually related to when they count your first day, mrsbertrand! haha. I was literallly the same situation as you, didn't start full flow until that night. So if that first day counts as "spotting" then I should start spotting tomorrow 1/28, and be full flow by Sunday 1/29. I tested 10dpo and start white. I am out of pregnancy tests and for some reason, I love being out of pregnancy tests this cycle because it frees me from more BFNs.

I really hope you get to Feb 3rd with no period!!! I know the desperation of wanting to avoid IVF - I face it myself and I hope we can both avoid it. The cost ugh. We don't have the money either, we'd be really creative in making it work. Have you thought about injections with iui at all (still expensive, but more eggs!)?

I do not know what injections specifically I'd be on, I'd request the ones that are most cost efficient. I still have one more cycle of femara to try though, before meeting up with my doctor to discuss injections.

Ragnhild you are so so sweet and thank you for your encouraging words! Its delightful that you finally got your BFP, how are you feeling???



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 27th, 2017, 07:54 AM   56
Ragnhild
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Sweden
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimming View Post
I just love this thread!

When I am due is actually related to when they count your first day, mrsbertrand! haha. I was literallly the same situation as you, didn't start full flow until that night. So if that first day counts as "spotting" then I should start spotting tomorrow 1/28, and be full flow by Sunday 1/29. I tested 10dpo and start white. I am out of pregnancy tests and for some reason, I love being out of pregnancy tests this cycle because it frees me from more BFNs.

I really hope you get to Feb 3rd with no period!!! I know the desperation of wanting to avoid IVF - I face it myself and I hope we can both avoid it. The cost ugh. We don't have the money either, we'd be really creative in making it work. Have you thought about injections with iui at all (still expensive, but more eggs!)?

I do not know what injections specifically I'd be on, I'd request the ones that are most cost efficient. I still have one more cycle of femara to try though, before meeting up with my doctor to discuss injections.

Ragnhild you are so so sweet and thank you for your encouraging words! Its delightful that you finally got your BFP, how are you feeling???
Hey swimming and mrsb... really praying AF stays away for both of you!!! Hope you don't have to consider the costs etc and get your And not sure about injectables but there's something called ICSI.. is that something worth checking for you both before looking at IVF?? And this might sound ridiculous but a lot of people do it here coz of the laws rather than costs.. basically you can fly to some countries and pay for your IVF and it still costs less than the procedure in many OECD countries. and to you both!!



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 27th, 2017, 11:19 AM   57
Swimming
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 82
Thanks Rag!!!!!

I've thought about looking around at other countries, especially if my husband gets a foreign work assignment to Germany (a possibility!) or somewhere. I think the only way they can do ICSI is with IVF, no? I thought it was an additional procedure.

I've seen these vlogs on youtube where couples describe their infertility journey and success, really gives me hope and excitement. I feel AF on the way... but trying to dance around the house while cleaning so I don't feel the general way I feel before I get my period (do you know what I mean? like I just sense it coming)



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 27th, 2017, 13:31 PM   58
mnelson815
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 722
ICSI is Intracytoplasmic sperm injection - it is used only in IVF and it is a way to take the semen sample and extract a good swimmer and using a needle, place it directly inside the egg. It yields higher fertilization rates than with traditional ivf where they just culture the sperm and eggs in the same dish and hope they fertilize naturally. So unfortunately, it is only something you can do with IVF and swimming was right it is an additional cost. My clinic has it at about 1500 extra per cycle.

I am so excited for you ladies! You are still a bit away so no worries about no BFP's just yet! I was actually in another IVF thread and the lady there wasn't getting any BFPs and went for her beta and it was positive! so you never really know!! Good luck ladies!!!!!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 27th, 2017, 16:47 PM   59
Swimming
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 82
mnelson bringing in the positivity - I like it.

I found an article saying physical activity helps with sperm morphology. 4 years ago my husband and I were dating and he was pretty active. I've been meaning to mention it to him, but he is so busy with work (he's still not home on a friday night and its 6pm!) I don't want to stress him out with ANOTHER change for him to make.

This sure is a hard journey to travel.



Status: Offline
 
Old Jan 28th, 2017, 07:36 AM   60
Ragnhild
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Sweden
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimming View Post
mnelson bringing in the positivity - I like it.

I found an article saying physical activity helps with sperm morphology. 4 years ago my husband and I were dating and he was pretty active. I've been meaning to mention it to him, but he is so busy with work (he's still not home on a friday night and its 6pm!) I don't want to stress him out with ANOTHER change for him to make.

This sure is a hard journey to travel.
I hear ya swimming... We didn't have any tests until this year since we were technically still below the "danger" age and asked to keep trying naturally. But last year my husband quit smoking, started gym and running after almost 12 years.. I think that definitely helped even though I have no pre tests to confirm. Even though you can't push your dh, I completely understand that, can there be other ways to nudge? Like group sports? And also 2 years ago I took charge of the shopping and slowly stopped bringing junk food into the house. Haha hope you don't have to be as sneaky as me.. I still feel guilty at times but still if it helps these are all just small steps in this very uphill confusing infertility battle



Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO