Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 12th, 2011, 16:51 PM   21
redberry
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 152
I'm on my third cycle of Clomid, and it hasn't worked. I had two cycles on 50mg and 1 cycle on 100mg. This cycle my blood test result was 0.6. I'm currently on day 43 and waiting for an appointment with the gynae to discuss next steps. No sign of AF, but cramps daily since day 18.



Status: Offline
 
Old May 12th, 2011, 21:05 PM   22
lizard148
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 94
Redberry,
I am so sorry to hear that clomid has not worked for you either. I am beginning my 2nd cycle at 150 mg. My first one was at 100 mg, and I did not ovulate (progesterone level was 2.1). Has your doctor ever given you provera to help you get your period? I am starting that tomorrow, since I am on cd 29 today. I hope you get in to see the doctor soon. It can be really difficult waiting...Are you seeing a regular gyno or a fertility specialist? I am going to a reproductive endocrinologist, and he has been really helpful. Good luck to you!
Liz

ANC,
Thanks for your posting. It is nice to know that I am not the only one with these problems. I have PCOS as well, but do not know about insulin resistance. Is that something they found with a blood test? You said that ultrasounds show follicule growth. Will the doc. also be able to tell me if I ovulated through the ultrasound or how did you know that you ovulated one egg twice? I have my first ultrasound on day 14 of my next cycle. I start provera tomorrow to get my period. Also, how many months have you been on clomid? If clomid is not working to make me ovulate, I'd like to switch to something else rather that keep trying it...
Liz

Mommyagain,
I do not have any children. We have been trying for 15 months, but just started with the fertility specialist a couple months ago and I did my first month of clomid with him. I have never heard of anyone checking their cervical position. I will have to google that to see what that entails. Right now I am just recording my temp, doing OPTs, and looking for cm. All of those things tell me I am not ovulating!
Liz

Sorry this is such a long posting...I wanted to ask a few people some question!



Status: Offline
 
Old May 13th, 2011, 08:12 AM   23
Mommyagain
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southern United States
Posts: 1,698
Liz- I finished my provera Wednesday morning and I am currently waiting for af to arrive. So today will be your first day of provera. I thought my af should have come two weeks ago or more. I have been having af cramps even before I took the provera.

I know cp isn't the most accurate, but from what I have read cm is. I don't understand why I had such perfect fertile cm but no egg. So frustrating.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 13th, 2011, 08:20 AM   24
Mommyagain
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southern United States
Posts: 1,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry View Post
I'm on my third cycle of Clomid, and it hasn't worked. I had two cycles on 50mg and 1 cycle on 100mg. This cycle my blood test result was 0.6. I'm currently on day 43 and waiting for an appointment with the gynae to discuss next steps. No sign of AF, but cramps daily since day 18.
Awww... So you didn't ovulate during any of your clomid cycles. I am on cd47 of my second non-ovulating clomid cycle. When af starts I will be taking 150mg cd5-9. I think this might be my last shot before my doc has me move on. Please keep us updated on how your doing. I wish I could give you a big hug.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 14th, 2011, 16:25 PM   25
redberry
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard148 View Post
Redberry,
I am so sorry to hear that clomid has not worked for you either. I am beginning my 2nd cycle at 150 mg. My first one was at 100 mg, and I did not ovulate (progesterone level was 2.1). Has your doctor ever given you provera to help you get your period? I am starting that tomorrow, since I am on cd 29 today. I hope you get in to see the doctor soon. It can be really difficult waiting...Are you seeing a regular gyno or a fertility specialist? I am going to a reproductive endocrinologist, and he has been really helpful. Good luck to you!
Liz
Thanks. Sorry for you too. I haven't had Provera yet, but who knows what's next on the menu? I'm seeing a regular gynae at the moment. As she's replaced the previous gynae and I haven't met her yet, I'll see how things go with her, but might consider a RE then.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 14th, 2011, 16:41 PM   26
redberry
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyagain View Post
Awww... So you didn't ovulate during any of your clomid cycles. I am on cd47 of my second non-ovulating clomid cycle. When af starts I will be taking 150mg cd5-9. I think this might be my last shot before my doc has me move on. Please keep us updated on how your doing. I wish I could give you a big hug.
Well, I'm not sure... I had two blood tests each cycle and on the first cycle I got 22 and 23, which they said was "possible ovulation", then the second cycle it was 0.6 and then 17, which again they said was "possible ovulation", then this time it was 0.5 and 0.6. Not sure why! The odd thing is that I used OPKs this time and detected three LH surges (!) and after the second I had really strong cramps and a burning sensation in my abdomen. I was absolutely sure I'd ovulated, but obviously not.

My previous gynae had said I could go up to 150mg, but this new gynae wants to see me first and discuss options, which seems sensible, I suppose. Problem is, I'm 35 and time is ticking...

Best of luck for your next cycle and big



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 14th, 2011, 17:13 PM   27
Mrs. Bear
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,217
lizard148 - at the day 14 ultrasound they will check your ovaries to see if you have developed follicle(s) and can also check your lining to see if it is sufficient. Clomid can effect your lining and make it too thin - my RE prescribes estrogen patches to help mine.

I have PCOS and am on an unusual medication protocol. I don't O at 150mg clomid or on femara alone, but we happened upon a combination of the two that has given me 3-5 follicles each time. I take 150mg clomid cd3-7 and 7.5mg femara cd9-13. Day 14 I start the estrogen and have my ultrasound day 16. Two days after O I add progesterone to support the luteal phase and help maintain any pregnancy.

Don't lose hope - Even if the 150mg clomid doesn't work there are lots of other options from pill medications to injectibles that can help you to ovulate.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:10 AM   28
Missus_L
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 171
Hiya all, just wanted to let you know how clomid went for me. Had 6 cycles of it and only shown to ov once but never got my:BFP: I had to use the provera to start AF each month too. I also have PCOS and am having a hard time with it too. I'm now on meteor in to regulate stuff (don't feel any different with it though and not had AF to come and visit me since taking it). I've recently been signed off from my FS as they said that there isn't anything else that can be done for me! I'm now waiting for another appointment to go to a different FS and I'm hoping for the best!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 15th, 2011, 16:31 PM   29
redberry
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missus_L View Post
I've recently been signed off from my FS as they said that there isn't anything else that can be done for me! I'm now waiting for another appointment to go to a different FS and I'm hoping for the best!
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get some more help.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 15th, 2011, 18:40 PM   30
Missus_L
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 171
Thanks redberry x



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO