Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 13:32 PM   1
mummy.wannabe
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: hertfordshire, uk
Posts: 3,266

waiting for ivf and struggling!


anyone thats had ivf or waiting for ivf will im sure know how im feeling.

ive had all tests done, im clear.
hubby has a very low sperm count, less than 1 mill.

today i just broke down, ive had an anxious feeling in my stomach allday and feeling very upset.
im waiting for the next hospital appointment to be told whats next really.
Im struggling now. I have everything ive dreamt for in my life.Got a lovely hubby, lovely big new home, great support from both sides of the family and just waiting for our life to be complete with a baby.

I know there is going to be plenty of harder times to come, but im ready for it to be my turn now x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 06:19 AM   2
SummerPearl
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 149
I know how you feel sweetie, it's a very anxious time, you don't know what to expect. If I had to sum it up it's like a rollercoaster of emotions, one minute your on a high and then on a low. I've been through it twice and my ovary failed to respond to the medication as I have low ovarian reserve, so I cannot have IVF again unless I use a donar egg.

I also have a very calm and patient husband, bought my own house at 24 years old dreamt of a having baby to complete my life. But 12 years later I am still waiting for the completion, all my brothers and sisters have children, same with sister in law and friends. I am the only one thats in waiting, it's been one long journey only I know how that feels.

My brother had his little one with IVF on the first attempt after 7 years of TTC. Stay positive and focused that will help you a lot. Try not too think too much about it as you know stress can play havoc with our minds and bodies. You need to be in the best of health when you go for IVF. Praying hard that your blessed on your first attempt. Good luck hun. X



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 12:27 PM   3
mummy.wannabe
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: hertfordshire, uk
Posts: 3,266
Thanks for the support.
You must have been so upset to be told you can't continue with ivf.
What's your next step? Are you having a doner egg?

I do feel glad that we've been tested early on in out ttc journey, as you say people are waiting 5 plus years with no success.
But then I worry that they will say we haven't waited long enough.

It's such a long process.
Were just waiting on the next hospital appt to come through x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 13:50 PM   4
Melbram
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Wales
Posts: 682
Hi mummy.wannabe

I know how you feel! OH and I have been ttc for almost 2 years now. 9 months ago we were told by our GP that in light of OHs swimmers IVF was our only option and we were referred to Liverpool Womens Hospital. 9 months later and we are still no further OH has had a further 2 SAs, ultrasound and more bloods done. We have appointment tomorrow with the FS so hopefully we will have some more direction and at least finally get on the actual waiting list!


Summerpearl - so sorry to hear things havent worked out for you!



Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 14:36 PM   5
mummy.wannabe
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: hertfordshire, uk
Posts: 3,266
That's rubbish melbrum!

We haven't been told that hubby has to have more tests but I'm going to prepare myself for that coz it's not going to be as easy as letting us have the ivf now x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 15:37 PM   6
LizMcD
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 204
Mummy wannabe I know exactly how you feel too. We have been trying for a similar amount of time.

We are having iui at the moment but ivf will be the next step. Like you, we have the lovely house (4 beds that i want to fill!!) and we're happily married, all we need is a little bundle of joy to make our lives complete :-)

Im sure it will happen for us - the best things come to those who wait :-)

baby dust to you all xx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 06:27 AM   7
Melbram
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Wales
Posts: 682
Hi all

just an update from me - OH and I attended the male FS today and got OH 4th set of SAs - his count is down to 6mil but motility is up to 26% - he didnt say what the morph was so assume it was the same as last time which was around 7% I think!

we were given two options - to give me clomid and look at my tubes and give OH eastrogen tablets and see what happened in 6 months or so or straight to IVF. Considering OHs count was lowest it has been and we havent been given the option of IUI the chance of getting pregnant naturally in the next 6 months are not great and we really didnt want to be in the exact same position 6months+ so we opted for IVF as we have a better chance of pregnancy

all I need to do now is wait for my appointment to come through which shouldnt take long as there is no waiting list eek!



Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 07:01 AM   8
SummerPearl
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummy.wannabe View Post
Thanks for the support.
You must have been so upset to be told you can't continue with ivf.
What's your next step? Are you having a doner egg?
Your very welcome, I always say that we can't take each others pain away but we sure can share it

I was devastated and thought I will never be a mother, but living in hope as given me so much strength. I really don't care what the docs tell me anymore, far too many stories and miracles have happened to those who are in much worse situation than me.

Egg donar is out of the question as it's against my faith. I live for the next month

I'd like to suggest something before you go for IVF, a few sessions of acupuncture can calm your insides and relax your state of mind and body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbram View Post
Summerpearl - so sorry to hear things havent worked out for you!
Thank You Melbram- so far it's not been good but my heart says that luck is not too far off. How are things with you sweetie ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizMcD View Post
We are having iui at the moment but ivf will be the next step. Like you, we have the lovely house (4 beds that i want to fill!!) and we're happily married, all we need is a little bundle of joy to make our lives complete :-)

Im sure it will happen for us - the best things come to those who wait :-)

baby dust to you all xx
Best of luck with the IUI and I hope you get TWINS so that at least 2 rooms can be filled

Waiting game is the hardest but well worth the wait when we our bundle of joys are handed over to us


Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbram View Post
we opted for IVF as we have a better chance of pregnancy, all I need to do now is wait for my appointment to come through which shouldnt take long as there is no waiting list eek!
Well done hun, thats the better choices of the two, I pray from the bottom of my heart that everything works out for you. No waiting list, what more can you ask for



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 12:09 PM   9
mummy.wannabe
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: hertfordshire, uk
Posts: 3,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizMcD View Post
Mummy wannabe I know exactly how you feel too. We have been trying for a similar amount of time.

We are having iui at the moment but ivf will be the next step. Like you, we have the lovely house (4 beds that i want to fill!!) and we're happily married, all we need is a little bundle of joy to make our lives complete :-)

Im sure it will happen for us - the best things come to those who wait :-)

baby dust to you all xx
Hope it all goes ok for you.im just hoping things can be done quickly for us x



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 12:14 PM   10
mummy.wannabe
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: hertfordshire, uk
Posts: 3,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbram View Post
Hi all

just an update from me - OH and I attended the male FS today and got OH 4th set of SAs - his count is down to 6mil but motility is up to 26% - he didnt say what the morph was so assume it was the same as last time which was around 7% I think!

we were given two options - to give me clomid and look at my tubes and give OH eastrogen tablets and see what happened in 6 months or so or straight to IVF. Considering OHs count was lowest it has been and we havent been given the option of IUI the chance of getting pregnant naturally in the next 6 months are not great and we really didnt want to be in the exact same position 6months+ so we opted for IVF as we have a better chance of pregnancy

all I need to do now is wait for my appointment to come through which shouldnt take long as there is no waiting list eek!
Wow no waiting list!! God that's brilliant! Yes take the ivf and you'll have a baby in no time. If you had to wait 6 months and didn't conceive naturally you'd be waiting a lot longer x

My hubby had another SA and there still really low! 1 mil, there's no hope of us falling naturally, really hope there's not too much of a waiting list for us either x



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
ivf , struggling , waiting

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO