Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 13:53 PM   11
IsaacRalph
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: south west uk
Posts: 1,481
Sorry to hear about your hopes being dashed last month ms jasmine I too have vowed not to test early due to same reason! Few months ago I tested at about 10dpo and got a faint pink line but it was way past the alloted time frame it was like a few hours. I still got my hopes up as I'd never had one of these abd next day it happened again also! I was using the tests we use at work (I'm a nurse in an ed) have since used the same tests and experimented and never seem even a hint of a line again. So maybe it was a chemical I remember being slightly heavier that month? Who knows? Anyway yeah you would've thought it would've happened in 5 yrs no matter what methods your using. I really hope it happens soon for you! Gow old are you?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 13:58 PM   12
IsaacRalph
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: south west uk
Posts: 1,481
White orchid I can also tell if af is coming cuz I get awful pms including sore boobs a week before it totally sucks! With ds I knew something was up at around 5 dpo and had tons of creamy cm and dizziness! Good luck to you both hoping those swimmers are Olympic standards now! Only a week or so difference between us then. Should be able to fit in some sneaky bding before Friday I don't feel any ov symptoms yet! Have you got any back up plans if needs be? Hopefully not xx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 15:38 PM   13
CaliDreaming
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,348
I am in the same boat, except I am a little older. I will be turning 39 in a couple of weeks. If it weren't for TTC I wouldn't mind getting close to 40 one bit, but since I'm TTC each month I just feel like I'm running out of time.

I have been through everything to improve myself fertility wise. I've had a lap that showed that I didn't have any endo or adhesions, and I had a small polyp removed during a hysteroscopy. My doc couldn't get the dye to flow through my right tube, but it looked perfectly normal and healthy so there is a good chance it is not blocked.

We will have been trying for almost 2 years come November and none of the things I have done to improve myself have worked, so now we're just starting to focus on hubby. His SA was borderline, but I had always dismissed him as "the problem" because we were able to conceive dd and he has three children from his previous marriage. His morphology was 0.5%, which my RE did not think was a problem, but his motility was only 30% when ideally it should be about 50% and no lower than 40%. The actual volume of his semen was great, but the concentration was at 20 ml, which is at the low end. My RE expected that he should have gotten me pregnant after a few months even with his borderline results, but now I'm questioning that. We had visited another RE for a second opinion who felt that hubby's sperm was dreadful and that it would take years and years for us to conceive.

The frustrating thing is that nothing has changed with me since I had dd and my delivery was very uncomplicated. I still can't believe we've had so much trouble. I'm hoping that since his results are more borderline that changing his diet and taking supplements will improve his sperm enough to get me pregnant. His diet is just atrocious so if anyone can be helped by supplements and dietary changes it's him.

I have done everything possible to improve my fertility, and no one has found a reason why I can't get pregnant so it has to linked to hubby. I feel so desperate just typing this...



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 22:54 PM   14
WhiteOrchid24
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacRalph View Post
White orchid I can also tell if af is coming cuz I get awful pms including sore boobs a week before it totally sucks! With ds I knew something was up at around 5 dpo and had tons of creamy cm and dizziness! Good luck to you both hoping those swimmers are Olympic standards now! Only a week or so difference between us then. Should be able to fit in some sneaky bding before Friday I don't feel any ov symptoms yet! Have you got any back up plans if needs be? Hopefully not xx
When I was pregnant with my son (although I had no idea at the time) I was insanely emotional 8 dpo. I was at work and had to deal with a difficult client on the phone and after I got off the phone I burst out crying and just could not stop (highly unusual for me!) I figured it was because I hated my job so much and was just done with it all so I went home, wrote my letter of resignation and handed it in the next day! Needless to say several days later after a few days of spotting but nothing more I realised something seemed odd and so I tested and low and behold I was pregnant! (Wasn't expecting it because of course that was the month we weren't trying!!) How I wish that could happen now!

We still need to fully discuss our back up plan....Dr said after I last saw him that if DH's SA shows no improvement then he will go to a urologist and I'll start going for further tests but I have no idea how far we want to go. Unfortunately I just don't think we could afford fertility treatment but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. How about you?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 22:59 PM   15
WhiteOrchid24
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,416
CaliDreaming - I know we have talked a bit on other forums but I'm with you all the way. The MFI is so hard as I feel like Dr's themselves don't even know what is good or not. My DH's first SA showed 44% motility but 0% morphology which my Dr said was the major issue. He said the count was good but never told us what it actually was. He remained positive that you can change sperm a lot by simple lifestyle changes (diet, exercise, cutting out alcohol etc) so who knows. Once DH has his 2nd SA done I'll let you know if there has been any changes in the last 3 months. I just wish it didn't take so long for the changes to happen....I feel like time has just gone and we've done nothing! We're on cycle 18 of TTC but it will be 2 years in Dec.... the whole thing is just exhausting at times and beyond frustrating but I try to stay as positive as possible that one of these months 1 little guy will be perfect and get to that egg and all will be good!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 01:56 AM   16
IsaacRalph
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: south west uk
Posts: 1,481
Calidreaming- hi and welcome completely with you on the age thing am feeling older than I really am because I feel so infertile but everyday I'm reminded that my school friends are easily getting pregnant and having babies all the time! I have felt so very desperate at times but the longer it's taking the more I'm able to take a different approach to it and it's not a stressful! Defo gonna ask to get dh's sperm tested after his urology app on Friday! Wow we have all been trying about the same too.

Orchid- our back up plan is in motion actually we have already been seen and probably gonna start treatment in October just a few months. We will probably have a few inseminations and failing that ivf. I will go to those extremes to try for a baby brother or sister for my son and if it doesn't work then at least I can say we tried our best! Luckily our friends are lending us 2000 which covers the cost of 2 inseminations then we have to save and ask parents if ivf needed which is 4000. When is your dh sperm analysis?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 01:58 AM   17
IsaacRalph
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: south west uk
Posts: 1,481
Calidreaming- how long did it take to concieve dd?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 08:38 AM   18
CaliDreaming
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOrchid24 View Post

When I was pregnant with my son (although I had no idea at the time) I was insanely emotional 8 dpo. I was at work and had to deal with a difficult client on the phone and after I got off the phone I burst out crying and just could not stop (highly unusual for me!) I figured it was because I hated my job so much and was just done with it all so I went home, wrote my letter of resignation and handed it in the next day! Needless to say several days later after a few days of spotting but nothing more I realised something seemed odd and so I tested and low and behold I was pregnant! (Wasn't expecting it because of course that was the month we weren't trying!!) How I wish that could happen now!

We still need to fully discuss our back up plan....Dr said after I last saw him that if DH's SA shows no improvement then he will go to a urologist and I'll start going for further tests but I have no idea how far we want to go. Unfortunately I just don't think we could afford fertility treatment but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. How about you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOrchid24 View Post
CaliDreaming - I know we have talked a bit on other forums but I'm with you all the way. The MFI is so hard as I feel like Dr's themselves don't even know what is good or not. My DH's first SA showed 44% motility but 0% morphology which my Dr said was the major issue. He said the count was good but never told us what it actually was. He remained positive that you can change sperm a lot by simple lifestyle changes (diet, exercise, cutting out alcohol etc) so who knows. Once DH has his 2nd SA done I'll let you know if there has been any changes in the last 3 months. I just wish it didn't take so long for the changes to happen....I feel like time has just gone and we've done nothing! We're on cycle 18 of TTC but it will be 2 years in Dec.... the whole thing is just exhausting at times and beyond frustrating but I try to stay as positive as possible that one of these months 1 little guy will be perfect and get to that egg and all will be good!
Hi Whiteorchid, I remember you from the other threads. It really is exhausting and frustrating dealing with doctors on this issue. You would think going to the doctor would give you more answers but after visiting 2 REs I feel just as confused as I did when I started 2 years ago. It just blows my mind when 2 doctors have completely different opinions about the same results.

I'll be really interested to see what your hubby's results are from his second SA. I was so happy to read that your doc felt that sperm can be greatly improved with lifestyle changes. I had read that some doctors on the internet don't feel like it can be changed much with diet, but I wonder if those doctors are focusing on men with congential defects or those who have had a vasectomy reversal. So many men have improved their sperm with diet and supplements and it just makes sense.

It's just sooooo hard to wait that 3 months to see if things have improved. And then I think, what if his sperm improves and I still don't get pregnant?

When does your hubby go back for the second test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacRalph View Post
Calidreaming- hi and welcome completely with you on the age thing am feeling older than I really am because I feel so infertile but everyday I'm reminded that my school friends are easily getting pregnant and having babies all the time! I have felt so very desperate at times but the longer it's taking the more I'm able to take a different approach to it and it's not a stressful! Defo gonna ask to get dh's sperm tested after his urology app on Friday! Wow we have all been trying about the same too.

Orchid- our back up plan is in motion actually we have already been seen and probably gonna start treatment in October just a few months. We will probably have a few inseminations and failing that ivf. I will go to those extremes to try for a baby brother or sister for my son and if it doesn't work then at least I can say we tried our best! Luckily our friends are lending us 2000 which covers the cost of 2 inseminations then we have to save and ask parents if ivf needed which is 4000. When is your dh sperm analysis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacRalph View Post
Calidreaming- how long did it take to concieve dd?
Hi IsaacRalph. It took me 8 months to conceive with dd. I'm thinking maybe hubby's sperm was borderline back then too and we just got lucky.

4000 is a lot but defintiely doable and I know you'd have a really good chance of getting a bfp. In the U.S. health care costs are just insane. I have spent $4000 just in covering the costs of my surgeries, ultrasounds, etc and I actually have insurance!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 11:21 AM   19
MsJasmine
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacRalph View Post
Sorry to hear about your hopes being dashed last month ms jasmine I too have vowed not to test early due to same reason! Few months ago I tested at about 10dpo and got a faint pink line but it was way past the alloted time frame it was like a few hours. I still got my hopes up as I'd never had one of these abd next day it happened again also! I was using the tests we use at work (I'm a nurse in an ed) have since used the same tests and experimented and never seem even a hint of a line again. So maybe it was a chemical I remember being slightly heavier that month? Who knows? Anyway yeah you would've thought it would've happened in 5 yrs no matter what methods your using. I really hope it happens soon for you! Gow old are you?
Thank you. I hope so too for all of us, I am 35 hun, I know that I stress a lot about it which doesn't help. fingers crossed. Next month, I will start the testing process as i feel like time is running out. I do believe everything happens for a reason, so who knows x



Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 16:46 PM   20
IsaacRalph
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: south west uk
Posts: 1,481
Aww girls I'd like it very much if we could keep this thread going and have each other for support!



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO