Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 17:06 PM   11
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 3,745
Hi, just want to mention anyone who has a disabled child and wants to drive who doesn't can learn through the Family Fund. I did and without them I would not be now driving. (or Ryan either, he is my whole reason for learning and passing )

Also if you have a terminally ill child ( like I did) you can get the mobility of DLA rushed through (so before 3), the same form as with DLA (the DS1500). Just need a GP to fill it in. I found that out too late but hopefully it may help others.

Also if you get child tax credit and haven't declared your disabled child to them (like I had not until a friend told me cause they knew of him did not know I had to or could do) you are entitled to more money. I went from 90 a week to 185 a week. xxx

Status: Offline