LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 17:24 PM   1
beebuzz29
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

CB Digital Ovulation test, same urine 1 smiley and 2 no smileys

Hi all, so ive been ttc for about 7-8 months and this month I decided to use CB digital ovulation tests to minimize stress of interpretation of lines lol and it seems like they're stressing me more lol....

So I have 35-38 day cycles with 14 day LP and I ovulate around day 20-22

Monday I picked up a box of Cb digi O test and no smileys up until tues. morning I found myself to be a ponas addict and ran out of 7 tests so I went out and bought another 7 day test box and a 20 day test box for next month....so I have 3 digital tests, so I literally test everytime 4 hours, and/or whenever I need to pee lol and still no smiley...up until about 30 mins ago I had held my pee for 4 hours and tested and I didnt think I O'd this month since Im on day 23, I should have ovulated by now, and of course a smiley I couldnt believe it and I know it doesnt test for pregnancy but just to see that smiley it gave me butterflies lol so I was in such disbelief that I decided I would just used the same urine to test with the other two tests and they both gave me no smileys, then just to be sure I tested with all three again and all three said no smiley ....so do i take the intial smiley as an accurate reading? or wat? anyone else had this happen to them?

Old Jul 7th, 2012, 21:01 PM   2
Kissel
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebuzz29 View Post
Hi all, so ive been ttc for about 7-8 months and this month I decided to use CB digital ovulation tests to minimize stress of interpretation of lines lol and it seems like they're stressing me more lol....

Monday I picked up a box of Cb digi O test and no smileys up until tues. morning I found myself to be a ponas addict and ran out of 7 tests so I went out and bought another 7 day test box and a 20 day test box for next month....so I have 3 digital tests, so I literally test everytime 4 hours, and/or whenever I need to pee lol and still no smiley...up until about 30 mins ago I had held my pee for 4 hours and tested and I didnt think I O'd this month since Im on day 23, I should have ovulated by now, and of course a smiley I couldnt believe it and I know it doesnt test for pregnancy but just to see that smiley it gave me butterflies lol so I was in such disbelief that I decided I would just used the same urine to test with the other two tests and they both gave me no smileys, then just to be sure I tested with all three again and all three said no smiley ....so do i take the intial smiley as an accurate reading? or wat? anyone else had this happen to them?
I also have longer cycles and decided on CB digital. I didn't "recycle" test samples. I tested daily at 8PM. You can get some weird results if you test at different times of day or if you do not allow at least 4 hours for your urine to accumulate in your bladder. I am not sure how long you are giving yourself, but that could be an issue. I only tested about 4 days until I got that cheery smiley face. I only tested once a day and that was adequate for the test to pick up that LH surge. (I probably would have gone insane if I tested every time I made a trip to the bathroom!) I also read that for OPK's an afternoon or evening test is the best-not a morning test.

I found the CB digital ovulation test to be accurate, because I tested this morning and got a BFP with the CB digital pregnancy test.

I have also read about some women using multiple pregnancy tests to test the same sample of urine (testing with the sample in a cup). I wonder if there is something about these tests that absorbs the hormones so that you get different results from tests done at the same time.

I hope that helped a little bit. Good luck and baby dust!

Old Jul 8th, 2012, 21:09 PM   3
beebuzz29
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beebuzz29 View Post

I also have longer cycles and decided on CB digital. I didn't "recycle" test samples. I tested daily at 8PM. You can get some weird results if you test at different times of day or if you do not allow at least 4 hours for your urine to accumulate in your bladder. I am not sure how long you are giving yourself, but that could be an issue. I only tested about 4 days until I got that cheery smiley face. I only tested once a day and that was adequate for the test to pick up that LH surge. (I probably would have gone insane if I tested every time I made a trip to the bathroom!) I also read that for OPK's an afternoon or evening test is the best-not a morning test.

I found the CB digital ovulation test to be accurate, because I tested this morning and got a BFP with the CB digital pregnancy test.

I have also read about some women using multiple pregnancy tests to test the same sample of urine (testing with the sample in a cup). I wonder if there is something about these tests that absorbs the hormones so that you get different results from tests done at the same time.

I hope that helped a little bit. Good luck and baby dust!
Thanks that helped, and CONGRATS!!!!

H&H 9 months to you!!!

Old Jul 8th, 2012, 22:40 PM   4
Gabi1787
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I am super confused as well, I have 63-67 day cycles and no clue when I ovulate. I started taking the CB digital opk's the last day of my AF (because I'm DYING for a baby and super impatient) and got a smiley face. Since then I've gotten a smiley face Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat and today. I took a HPT yesterday morning and got a BFN but I am SO CONFUSED! I take the tests every day at 3:00pm. Any ideas??

SEO by vBSEO