LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 13:09 PM   1
ikmju4
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Bleeding twice in one month, pregnant??

Hi everyone,

So my periods are always very regular (35 days) and I have been having problems with low progesterone which suggests im not oving. Thing is that this month my period was on time, lighter and not painful at all (usually like a week from hell). Now two weeks later (after sex) I have been bleeding for four days lighter than af with slight cramps on and off. Normally wouldnt think im pg but have read that this happens to some women (including my mum) and have some symptoms..... hot flushes, cramping (not as much as af at all), lower back pain, gas, insomnia, very very tired, sneezing, a cold.
Is this my body teasing me?? or does anyone think i could be pg??

Dont want to get my hopes up or worry i.e. miscarriage but still having very light spotting now and this has never happened to me ever!!
ALSO tmi but have felt for my cervix and cannot feel it its really high up and i feel pressure and fullness downstairs and kind of a wet feeling. sorry for the detail....

any opinions would be great??

Old Jul 21st, 2012, 13:12 PM   2
Mrs B.
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Sounds more like ovulation bleeding to me - especially as your cerviz is really high and you have wet CM. Have you taken a PG test to rule it out? (if it is negative now you can be fairly certain you are not PG and it is ovulation bleeding).

Old Jul 21st, 2012, 13:14 PM   3
ikmju4
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

havnt yet took a test, would i be having these symptoms with ovulation??

Old Jul 21st, 2012, 17:30 PM   4
Mrs B.
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

To be honest just having a cold can give you all the symptoms you list so it could just be completely coincidental. But having said that I would take a test just to be sure.

Old Jul 21st, 2012, 18:22 PM   5
ElleT613
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

That is very interesting! If you haven't ever had any spotting before like that I would definitely take a HPT.... just to see...

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 06:36 AM   6
ikmju4
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

It's not really a proper cold, just runny nose and sneezing lots.
If its ov bleeding il be happy as I don't ovulate very month
And it would be a good sign, if it's pg obviously thrilled..... Not gunna test until af due
Quite a wait but don't wanna test too early will go doctors if still bleeding though.

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 06:37 AM   7
ikmju4
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Plus opk has had very faint line for a few days??
Any ideas what this would mean? Hasn't got darker or gone away

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 07:39 AM   8
Mrs B.
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

OPK's normally have a faint line - it doesn't really mean much - just that there is a low level of the hormone in your body. You may see the line start to get darker in the days before it goes positive...or you may not. OPK's are only positive when the test line is as dark or darker than the control. It could be ovulation bleeding, it could be PG bleeding or it could just be random mid cycle bleeding that means nothing. Difficult to know really. I would personally take a PG test just to be sure - you are now 2 weeks past your light period so it should show positive if you are PG. If the bleeding gets any heavier then get yourself to the doctors.