LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:16 PM   1
kiwipauagirl
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Understanding fsh & lh results???

HI there
My GP has given me all of my day 3 and day 21 bloods test results however I don't understand what they mean. Does anyone know what the levels should be between for FSH, LH, Estradiol, Progesterone and Prolactin?? I have tried googling them and I am not getting anywhere.

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 14:39 PM   2
flagirlie7
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Found this:

FSH FOLLICULAR PHASE 3.5-12.5

LH FOLLICULAR PHASE 2.4-12.6

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 14:42 PM   3
flagirlie7
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

In general, under 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good, 9-10 fair, 10-13 diminished reserve, 13+ very hard to stimulate. In PCOS testing, the LH:FSH ratio may be used in the diagnosis. The ratio is usually close to 1:1, but if the LH is higher, it is one possible indication of PCOS.

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 14:53 PM   4
IsaacRalph
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Hi Kiwi. I had mine checked too

results are
FSH 6- (below 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good and anything over 10 is considered to be not so good so what i've read)

LH 5.2- (they like to see a ratio of about 1:1 with fsh, anyhting more than i think 2:1 can be suggestive off pcos)

estradiol 112pmols/L (Ideally cd3 estradiol should be below 200, i think they like it to be between 70-150?? If i remember rightly???) anything higher can suggest reduced ovarian function and also the fsh can be reduced and not give a true level potentially covering a fertillity problem!

Prolactin 174- not sure of the this one but its under 400 i think!

and finally your cd21 pregesterone test should be over 30 if you've defo ovulated, between 15-30 means you may have ovulated but a little later or earlier, under 15 (ithink) means no ovulation in last 2 weeks!

What were your results?? I haven't seen my dr yet with results but i'm a nurse and already checked them and have made my own interpretation ans i think they are pretty good as i'm 34

Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 01:21 AM   5
kiwipauagirl
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacRalph View Post
Hi Kiwi. I had mine checked too

results are
FSH 6- (below 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good and anything over 10 is considered to be not so good so what i've read)

LH 5.2- (they like to see a ratio of about 1:1 with fsh, anyhting more than i think 2:1 can be suggestive off pcos)

estradiol 112pmols/L (Ideally cd3 estradiol should be below 200, i think they like it to be between 70-150?? If i remember rightly???) anything higher can suggest reduced ovarian function and also the fsh can be reduced and not give a true level potentially covering a fertillity problem!

Prolactin 174- not sure of the this one but its under 400 i think!

and finally your cd21 pregesterone test should be over 30 if you've defo ovulated, between 15-30 means you may have ovulated but a little later or earlier, under 15 (ithink) means no ovulation in last 2 weeks!

What were your results?? I haven't seen my dr yet with results but i'm a nurse and already checked them and have made my own interpretation ans i think they are pretty good as i'm 34
thank you so much for your help. It gets so confusing trying to figure all these out.

My DAY 21 results were:
FSH - 4.9
LH - 2.1
Estradiol - 451
Progesterone - 50.8

My DAY 3 results were:
FSH - 8.9
LH - 4.8
Estradiol - 312
Prolactin - 379

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 14:49 PM   6
Maplesugar
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Thanks for this info. I just found my 2010 results and my FSH and LH were 1:1. The level was 6 so within normal range. I didn't pursue TTC at that time but now that I am ready, I am curious to see my current results.

Old Apr 11th, 2013, 12:50 PM   7
dcm_mw12
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Very interesting thread. Can I test myself or a doctor would have to?

Old Apr 15th, 2013, 19:25 PM   8
Maplesugar
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

For a quantitative result you would have to do blood test at doctor/lab but I know that there is a urine test for FSH that will indicate high or low results.

Fertility Test