Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 5th, 2018, 18:31 PM   3481
LoneWanderer
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlychained9 View Post

Thanks again I have not been to a doctor....I cant afford it right now and i have to wait a year to be able to because i don't qualify for assistance...so as soon as my job offers me health insurance i will be on it...I sure hope my lady parts are just taking a nap before they want to work hard on creating my little bean...I hope you get your bfp soon as well all baby dust our way!!!
Oh no! I honestly can't imagine what it's like not having healthcare as standard, here in the UK we pay into the national insurance all our working lives and we get everything free as a result (well, not prescriptions or eyecare or dental care but that's a small price to pay for free hospital care and doctors). Without the NHS we'd have been set back years on our TTC journey. Instead we're trying to beat the clock from the other side - they stop free funding at 35, before then you get three free cycles of IVF round here and obviously everything leading up to that. They've given me clomid right now to see if that helps kickstart my ovulating.

I hope your insurance comes in and you can get some answers soon enough. Tell you what though - sometimes it does take a while with no need for intervention, so fingers crossed that's the case for you. In fact, my aunt tried for about 20 years and finally got her boy - naturally - when she hit her mid forties. He's 18 now and such a lovely lad - well worth all the waiting for him. So it really can happen any time!

Old May 30th, 2018, 09:27 AM   3482
cockerpops
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Frustrations

Hi everyone!
Its been a few years since I last visited this thread but remembered it recently.
My hubs and I have been together for 14 years this year and married for 6. I came fully off birth control in 2012 after getting married. I had been on some sort of birth control since 2006, mainly to deal with PCOS and endometriosis. In May or June of 2013 I got pregnant but lost that pregnancy. Then over 5 years only became pregnant in Oct last year. My husband has had kidney failure for longer than I have known him and had his second transplant in March of last year. After all that stress we were looking into options to help get pregnant, but I ruptured two discs in my back in October of last year. I was only about 3 weeks pregnant when this happened and this pregnancy was lost too. I am currently waiting on surgery so of course I cannot look into medical help to get pregnant while Im waiting I was just wondering what advice people may have on putting a plan in to place for when I am able to ask the drs for help. Although I am not old(35 this year) I do feel like I need help to crack on as only falling pregnant twice in 6 years and loosing both makes me think my body can't fall pregnant easily or indeed keep the pregnancy...thank you all in advance

Old Jun 20th, 2018, 08:49 AM   3483
leila40
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

Hi

Hi everyone this is my first time posting here
I have been trying for the past 6 months but nothing happens and I have tried to see my Gp who sort of blamed me for waiting this long to start trying which upset me. I have been checking my fertility and temperature and using ovulation sticks
I was wondering any other things I should be trying?
Thanks

Old Jun 23rd, 2018, 11:09 AM   3484
janemarie2010
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

TTC

Hi ladies, been ttc for a year and half, had all kinds of tests, checked my ovulation and even had HSG to check ovaries but nothing the gynecologist told me to start taking folic acid and it helps when trying to conceive, any one heard this?

Thanks
x

Old Jun 26th, 2018, 14:48 PM   3485
laura8686
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hi Janemarie
I haven't heard of Folic Acid helping in conception, however I am not a doctor. From what I understand you should be taking Folic Acid as soon as you want to start trying because you can build up a reserve in your body and you want your reserve high if you do get pregnant since it's crucial for the spinal development of the baby.

Since you have been trying for over a year, i would recommend seeing an RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) to start some fertility methods. Have you tried Clomid or Femera? I am currently using Femera and I got my 5 pills from Walgreens for about $2 - depending on your insurance. But most RE's say you need to try for a year and then you can start fertility methods. Just a thought since you're over your year mark.

SEO by vBSEO