LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 05:56 AM   1
blackclayrose
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Why is everyone around me getting pregnant?

I have just found out 3 more people I know are pregnant. The first one already has 4 so this makes 5, second one will make 4 kids and my 20 year old cousin is having her first. This names 6 women close to me that are pregnant.

I am happy for them, but I am sad for myself, OH and my step son who really wants a baby brother or sister.
When is it going to be my turn?

Old Oct 30th, 2012, 06:11 AM   2
Jillie89
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Totally feel the same! Really happy others are getting to experience what I desperately want to, but I get so cranky and jealous sometimes. I want children - and its taken us over a year at the moment, yet some people it was wam bam, pregnant in the first month trying I cannot escape pregnant people, babies or anything baby related... I cry most days.

I would love to 'stop thinking about it' and let it happen like every keeps telling me... but how can I when I cannot escape it?!?!

ATM I would just love to know I can ovulate... in a year my body hasn't done it at all!

Old Oct 30th, 2012, 06:20 AM   3
blackclayrose
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

W have been TTC since April 2011. This coming April will be 2 years right around the time my sister in law is due to give birth to baby no.2 in 21 months. And they kept telling us they didn't want kids :/

I got my first positive opk last month, so I'm hopeful that I'm ovulating.

Old Oct 30th, 2012, 12:40 PM   4
ces2008
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I totally feel the same!!!!! In the 17 months that Ive been TTC, My sister had her 4th, my 15-year-old SIL had her 1st, another SIL had her 2nd, a friend had her 2nd, another friend had 1 and is expecting again, 2 coworkers have delivered in the past 3 weeks, another is due in 2 weeks, 2 are due in Jan and another 2 due March/April. It seems everyone is getting pregnant but me!!!!!!! Im jelouse, have bouts of breaking down in tears. At times, Im angry at life. But Im also happy for them!!!!

Old Oct 30th, 2012, 13:51 PM   5
chartay
AutoSignup (SAAB)
Active BnB Member

I am right there with you ladies!!! And I am so glad I discovered the forums for venting and chatting with people going through the exact same things as me. We have been TTC #1 since June, 2010. DH was tested and had a great result. I ovulate every month, but just haven't been lucky enough. As you can see from my stats below, we were lucky twice, but it didn't work out either time . I recently found out I have a very tight cervix, and that that could be part of my problem. Otherwise I have the wonderful diagnosis of "unexplained infertility". Anyway, when I had an exam recently, my Dr. mentioned this and that he thinks it may be a reason. So it's something to look into, at least it's a step forward. I think I also have a cold uterus, so NO cold foods/beverages for me!

It does suck to see everyone around us getting lucky. And I hate that feeling of "why them and not me", I feel guilty thinking that way. So I just have to keep telling myself "One day it will be our turn". And forget the folks who say "just relax and it'll happen" or "it'll happen when it's supposed to". They do NOT understand unless they've been in the situation themselves, which most have not.

So kudos to us for being strong throughout this whole battle. And good luck to everyone!!

Old Oct 30th, 2012, 15:44 PM   6
sunshine85
Other
Active BnB Member

Location: Originally from Las Vegas but living in beautiful Florida right now!
Literally everyone at my job is pregnant...at least 20 people! I mean this is my first month ttc and I am in the TWW right now and my body is playing tricks on me I am cramping on and off but no other pms symptoms oh and my face brokeout pffft. Good luck and loads of babydust all around my future belly buddies! xo

Old Oct 31st, 2012, 16:45 PM   7
koj518
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I'm with you guys... I've been ttc for almost a year now and last month 3 friends announced their pregnancies within a span of a week... they must have all conceived within weeks or possibly days of each other.. I feel left out. When will it be my turn...

Old Oct 31st, 2012, 17:35 PM   8
Mrs Excited
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I think I will love this thread LOL. I had my boss barge into my office the other day asking if I was pregnant. Weird... yes.... inappropriate....yes. But I don't blame the guy, in the last month there have been three confirmed pregnancies in our office. One of which is my close friend and we were hoping to get pregnant together.

I'm hoping November is my month, because I'd like to feel included in all the hype. But maybe it's for the best, that way I'll have the hype all to myself

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 10:33 AM   9
Undefn
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I can't say I am happy to see anyone is the "same boat" as I am...but it is nice to know others can understand how I feel! Today I woke up with the beginning of a new cycle (two days late) Both my husband and I had HOPE to only be crushed early this am. We have been trying steady since Sept 2011 since he got back from his third deployment and we hope to get pregnant/have a child before another one sneaks up on us! I am 33 and he is 37.

I am hoping Nov is the month of US and everyone else who so wants their 1st Child too!! It is easy for everyone else to say relax, especially if they have a child already or are pregnant! My sister has two beautiful girls and I am proud to be there aunt, but my sister tells me "it'll happen"; How do we know if it will?? We have done medical procedures to help get us pregnant and they all have failed, we had to skip Oct Cycle based on a follicle size being to large and this month well we'll not be home to do this cycle...praying I get pregnant on my own this month!

Good luck this month girls, it is always heart breaking no matter how much we prepare ourselves for another month of disappointment...I thought I have prepared self and ended up crying all they way to work today and just venting out loud (to myself) how unfair life is!

Hoping all our prayers are answered this month or VERY SOON! HUGZ

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 12:00 PM   10
sunshine85
Other
Active BnB Member

Location: Originally from Las Vegas but living in beautiful Florida right now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by undefn View Post
i can't say i am happy to see anyone is the "same boat" as i am...but it is nice to know others can understand how i feel! Today i woke up with the beginning of a new cycle (two days late) both my husband and i had hope to only be crushed early this am. We have been trying steady since sept 2011 since he got back from his third deployment and we hope to get pregnant/have a child before another one sneaks up on us! I am 33 and he is 37.

I am hoping nov is the month of us and everyone else who so wants their 1st child too!! It is easy for everyone else to say relax, especially if they have a child already or are pregnant! My sister has two beautiful girls and i am proud to be there aunt, but my sister tells me "it'll happen"; how do we know if it will?? We have done medical procedures to help get us pregnant and they all have failed, we had to skip oct cycle based on a follicle size being to large and this month well we'll not be home to do this cycle...praying i get pregnant on my own this month!

Good luck this month girls, it is always heart breaking no matter how much we prepare ourselves for another month of disappointment...i thought i have prepared self and ended up crying all they way to work today and just venting out loud (to myself) how unfair life is!

Hoping all our prayers are answered this month or very soon! Hugz

you are so right!!!! ^^^^ so easy to say relax or it will happen uff....