Ok, so here it is. My doctor told me to take Provera around cd 23-25 to shorten my cycle and induce AF. I had not had any indications that I had already O'd , so I went ahead and took them since I thought that this was going to be an anovulatory cycle. I don't know why I didn't look at my previous charts , the earliest I have ever O'd was cd21 and the latest was cd31. Anyway, I took the Provera on a day when my temp dropped significantly, and I had a massive temp spike the next day. FF placed the crosshairs on the day I had taken the Provera 1st dose, and said that the temp spike could be O or could be caused by the meds (again I didn't look at my previous chart that I had taken Provera on, and I didn't have any temp spikes during the other Provera chart) . Then on 6dpo (if I O'd) I had a significant temp drop and slight cramps and I thought that the meds were working quicker than before (last time I had AF 6 days after my last dose) and I expected AF to show up. Then, the next morning my temp shifted again, higher than the previous six days . I am on 11dpo (if I O'd)-7 days past taking the last dose of the Provera and no real sign of the and my average LT is 11 days. Because we had thought that this cycle was going to be anovulatory from the get (b/c I had a m/c last month and it is common to not ovulate the next cycle) my dh and I didn't too often this month, even though our doctor said it was ok to start trying right away. We just didn't feel it . Now based on some research that I have done, and called to confirm with an RE and my doctor, can survive up to seven days inside a woman's body (does not mean they will) and the egg can be viable for 48-72 hours after O (this is the exception, not the rule) we had six days before suspected O and 2 days after. I am having the same symptoms as I was having when I found out that I was pregnant (minus the spotting)-tender bbs, exhausted, light cramps, nausea, food preference(I currently can't get enough of ravioli or spaghettios, lol), my dog is way overprotective of me again and won't let me out of her sight(not really a symptom, just an observation-she is mine and she protects me, but she won't go anywhere without me being in sight right now), etc. Anyway, the rational part of me keeps saying "don't bother testing, you know it's negative," but the little voice that is irrational says "wait until you're done with finals, if still no AF then "
I am asking for someone to look at my chart and give me their opinion. I probably won't test until after finals, just to be sure AF isn't delayed by them. I just want to know if anyone has ever had a situation like this and any advice would be appreciated.
I forgot to mention that the significant drop after suspected O was still above the coverline and I forgot that I have been gassy, urinating frequently and now my bbs hurt like I've stuck them in a vice.
Thank you, I asked this question a couple of days ago and having a terrible time finding anything about this online. DH and I both thought that this was going to be an anovulatory cycle and we were still bummed by the m/c so we didn't bd too often this month. Like I said my rational side is saying and my irrational side is saying . Although, my temps and symptoms do suggest it. the is due today, 12 dpo, and I still want to wait until the 18dpo because of the 99% that I read on one of your posts.
My doctor decided not to take vacation during the holiday, so he is taking it now..... otherwise, I would have just asked him.
I really know that the chances are very slim because we were just not in the mood to bd when we were supposed to. I just find it odd that my chart looks so much like a triphasic chart. I have my FX'd and I will test if AF doesn't arrive soon. Although, I don't think I am going to be able to wait until after finals like I wanted, I will probably test on Friday.
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com by users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are solely those of the respective user or other third party. They do not reflect the opinions of BabyandBump.Momtastic.com and they have not been reviewed by a physician, psychologist or parenting expert or any member of the BabyandBump.Momtastic.com staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com. BabyandBump.Momtastic.com does not endorse any opinion, advice, statement, product, service or treatment made available on the website. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.