LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 08:22 AM   1
animekoneko17
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Provera and BBT-HELP!!!

Ok, so here it is. My doctor told me to take Provera around cd 23-25 to shorten my cycle and induce AF. I had not had any indications that I had already O'd , so I went ahead and took them since I thought that this was going to be an anovulatory cycle. I don't know why I didn't look at my previous charts , the earliest I have ever O'd was cd21 and the latest was cd31. Anyway, I took the Provera on a day when my temp dropped significantly, and I had a massive temp spike the next day. FF placed the crosshairs on the day I had taken the Provera 1st dose, and said that the temp spike could be O or could be caused by the meds (again I didn't look at my previous chart that I had taken Provera on, and I didn't have any temp spikes during the other Provera chart) . Then on 6dpo (if I O'd) I had a significant temp drop and slight cramps and I thought that the meds were working quicker than before (last time I had AF 6 days after my last dose) and I expected AF to show up. Then, the next morning my temp shifted again, higher than the previous six days . I am on 11dpo (if I O'd)-7 days past taking the last dose of the Provera and no real sign of the and my average LT is 11 days. Because we had thought that this cycle was going to be anovulatory from the get (b/c I had a m/c last month and it is common to not ovulate the next cycle) my dh and I didn't too often this month, even though our doctor said it was ok to start trying right away. We just didn't feel it . Now based on some research that I have done, and called to confirm with an RE and my doctor, can survive up to seven days inside a woman's body (does not mean they will) and the egg can be viable for 48-72 hours after O (this is the exception, not the rule) we had six days before suspected O and 2 days after. I am having the same symptoms as I was having when I found out that I was pregnant (minus the spotting)-tender bbs, exhausted, light cramps, nausea, food preference(I currently can't get enough of ravioli or spaghettios, lol), my dog is way overprotective of me again and won't let me out of her sight(not really a symptom, just an observation-she is mine and she protects me, but she won't go anywhere without me being in sight right now), etc. Anyway, the rational part of me keeps saying "don't bother testing, you know it's negative," but the little voice that is irrational says "wait until you're done with finals, if still no AF then "

I am asking for someone to look at my chart and give me their opinion. I probably won't test until after finals, just to be sure AF isn't delayed by them. I just want to know if anyone has ever had a situation like this and any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

to all and to all a for

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 14:21 PM   2
animekoneko17
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I forgot to mention that the significant drop after suspected O was still above the coverline and I forgot that I have been gassy, urinating frequently and now my bbs hurt like I've stuck them in a vice.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you again and GL and lots of sticky beans!

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 13:45 PM   3
animekoneko17
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Bump!

and I have another question! Can bbt jump up again after O?

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 14:14 PM   4
Crosby
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hey anime! Hope you still bd on that day you took provera before your temp spiked up?

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 14:16 PM   5
Crosby
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Test test test!!!

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 15:04 PM   6
animekoneko17
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Thank you, I asked this question a couple of days ago and having a terrible time finding anything about this online. DH and I both thought that this was going to be an anovulatory cycle and we were still bummed by the m/c so we didn't bd too often this month. Like I said my rational side is saying and my irrational side is saying . Although, my temps and symptoms do suggest it. the is due today, 12 dpo, and I still want to wait until the 18dpo because of the 99% that I read on one of your posts.

GL and loads of in your direction.

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 15:10 PM   7
Crosby
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Why don't you phone a doctor? Or you did?

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 15:12 PM   8
Crosby
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Just looked at your chart, u had an implantation dip And a bit of spotting. FX

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 21:56 PM   9
animekoneko17
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

My doctor decided not to take vacation during the holiday, so he is taking it now..... otherwise, I would have just asked him.
I really know that the chances are very slim because we were just not in the mood to bd when we were supposed to. I just find it odd that my chart looks so much like a triphasic chart. I have my FX'd and I will test if AF doesn't arrive soon. Although, I don't think I am going to be able to wait until after finals like I wanted, I will probably test on Friday.

GL and lots of

Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 16:00 PM   10
animekoneko17
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Oh well, Crosby, I really think I'm out. I started spotting today and that is usually a precurser to AF. And if I am pg, I'm sure its not viable with the pain from these cramps. On to next month!

Here's my FX'd for us both to get a by New Years!