LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 13:46 PM   1
bubblz82
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

difference between...

Please could anyone help with the differences between AF and BFP???

I have symptoms but at the minute they could be for any.

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 14:05 PM   2
Sarah13
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I'd also be interested in knowing the difference. Also if anyone has noticed a difference between cramps for ovulation vs. af or implanation. I had dull/achy cramps for about three days this week which is about a week and a half away from af due date and about 6-7 dpo (if I ovulated when I thought I did).

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 15:01 PM   3
AussieBub
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Unfortunately there is no real way of telling the difference between an implantation cramp and an AF cramp unless of course you see a small amount of pinkish-brown spotting maybe a day or 2 later. Things like sore bbs, mood swing, break outs, cramping, they can be associated with either PMS or pregnancy. Even a missed AF visit can not mean pregnancy but could be related to stress or sudden weight gain, breastfeeding to name a few. Lots of women wish there was a way to distinguish the differences between PMS and a BFP but as far as I'm aware, there's no real way to tell the difference.

However the differences between O cramps and implantation cramps is usually the position. O cramps will usually come from one side, where your ovary is. An implantation cramp will occur in your lower abdomen in your uterus and feel similar to AF cramps.

I hope I've helped a little bit. Sorry If I haven't.
-AussieBub

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 15:14 PM   4
Sarah13
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieBub View Post
Unfortunately there is no real way of telling the difference between an implantation cramp and an AF cramp unless of course you see a small amount of pinkish-brown spotting maybe a day or 2 later. Things like sore bbs, mood swing, break outs, cramping, they can be associated with either PMS or pregnancy. Even a missed AF visit can not mean pregnancy but could be related to stress or sudden weight gain, breastfeeding to name a few. Lots of women wish there was a way to distinguish the differences between PMS and a BFP but as far as I'm aware, there's no real way to tell the difference.

However the differences between O cramps and implantation cramps is usually the position. O cramps will usually come from one side, where your ovary is. An implantation cramp will occur in your lower abdomen in your uterus and feel similar to AF cramps.

I hope I've helped a little bit. Sorry If I haven't.
-AussieBub
Thanks Aussie that is very helpful. This actually makes me excited because the cramping I had was definitively in my lower abdomen and not only on one side. The cramps stopped by the afternoon on the 3rd day with no sign of AF so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a BFP if AF doesn't show in Jan. 9 or 10th.

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 15:25 PM   5
AussieBub
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Baby Dust! I hope this is your month!

-AussieBub

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 18:55 PM   6
melfy77
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I guess everyone is different, but in my case, NONE. Although I gotta say for this little one, I just knew I was pg and I remember getting angry when the first test came up as a BFN. I was like: where's my line, eh, where is it???!!! The next day I got my BFP at 10 or 11 dpo