LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 05:16 AM   1
fxmummyduck
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

How long after (poss) IB would you get a bfp?

Hi girls, just wondering how long it takes from a possible implantation bleed to a bfp? Problem is I dont know if what I experienced was IB, it would have been late evening on 4dpo, which makes me 8dpo now it all sounds too early

AF is due next saturday, so a week today. It was bfn this morning Just wish I knew what that bleed was all about.

Sorry for other similar posts.

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 06:33 AM   2
Mrs B.
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

It normally takes 3-4 days after IB before hormone levels are high enough to be detected on a pregnancy test. IB usually occurs between 5-12dpo, but I don't think it is unheard of to occur on 4dpo. It can sometimes take longer for the hormone levels to rise too.

I would be incline to agree that it all seems quite early - but there are ladies on here who have got their bfps at 9dpo so you never know!

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 17:51 PM   3
Justmarried2
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Fxmummyduck,
I am also wondering if I had 4 dpo IB bleeding! I am not temping but based on EWCM and cramping I think I ovulated last Monday, and had the bleed on Friday. Do you mind if I ask what your bleeding was like? Sorry if TMI but here is what mine was like...I had what felt were period cramps on 4 dpo, then an hour later there was just a small amount of pink when I wiped, and I thought wow that is an early period, put in a tampon and there was 1 small clump of red on the tampon, then the bleed stopped completely. That was 4 dpo. Then nothing 5dpo nothing, and day 6-7dpo there was the smallest amount of pink and brown discharge, and now nothing. I took a test at around 7dpo and it was negative (figured it would be, I just couldn't not POAS). Anyways now my boobs are tingling and I am having bouts of nausea today. But maybe I'm just really hoping and symptom spotting out of thin air.
Baby dust to you!!! Let me know what happens with your cycle this month, as I do not know what is going on with mine!

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 17:58 PM   4
Justmarried2
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Sorry forgot to add, I have a swollen lymph node along my bikini line this month, on the same side I had what I thought were ovulation pains. I have never had a swollen lymph node there before, I do not know if that is even relevant but it is certainly strange for me!

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 08:08 AM   5
fxmummyduck
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Hi justmarried2 and Mrs B, thanks for responding, sorry this reply is so late Ive had a hectic few days!

MrsB I hear what you're saying, that was my worry!

justmarried2, your bleed and doont worry about the tmi, sounds very similar to what I had.

Had a few cramps late night the tues, so went to bathroom and it was light pink discharge, went to bed got up a few hours later to see what as happening and there was bright red blood, about a teasppon. Nothing for a few days after, but I have had brown spotting on and off since then.

Have held off from testing again. Been having headaches, cramps, bbs hurt and very strangely for me sinco O, I have had no whitish discharge which is what I always get leading up to O. Just this strange spotting

Hope this is a good sign for us! Let me know how you get on!

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 14:30 PM   6
elena626
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

hey ladies! Last month I had IB at 4dpo and 6dpo (I know it's ib because I never had spotting before in my life). Of course I tested, but only got my first faint bfp at 11dpo (but it was a chemical). So I guess it's not really the days after ib that count... Some women get ib after their bfp.