LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 22:07 PM   1
ktheresah92
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Late Period and Spotting?

Hey all.
I was supposed to start my period on 04/04 and it never came. Two days later I began light spotting only when I wiped that was bright red. It has continued through today but its now a brown-ish color. This is abnormal for me so I dont really know if its my period or not. I had a negative HPT the day I started spotting. I also dont have sore breasts or anything like that but something is different.

I hope this is not my period and that I still have a chance of being pregnant!

Can someone PLEASE give me an opinion?! Im going crazy here!!!

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 22:32 PM   2
bubblebelly
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

hello ktheresa92!
I posted a very similar thread yesterday asking the same thing!..
Maybe wait a few more days to test again? because it could be Implantation bleeding in the case that you ovulated late?..

sometimes the stress and anxiety during the two-week-wait can stuff our periods and hormones up and cause it to be late... so that also could be a factor to the change of period

also did you notice any other differences? any clots? or weird looking discharge? any pain when passing clots??
because alot of early miscarriages can be confused with late periods.. but its quite common.. and just our bodies way of passing out what could have been an abnormal pregnancy..

hope this helps a little bit.. and just hang in there and try again this month
=)
xx

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 23:16 PM   3
ktheresah92
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

No clots to speak of! and what else seemed odd to me was I havent been experiencing any cramps during my spotting.

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 00:26 AM   4
bubblebelly
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

give it a few more days love
test again... see how you go...
it could be just an irregular period..

*hug*

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 08:44 AM   5
pollydolly
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

hi ladies hope im not interrupting

ive had the same experience, on the 27th march i had spotting for 12 days with brown discharge every other day but only a tad (kind of like old blood??) and no clots whatsoever... very confusing isnt it!!

had what looked like a very faint positive but im starting to think it was an evap

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 17:30 PM   6
bubblebelly
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

not interrupting at all! =)
when was your period meant to be due?? has the spotting stopped now?
maybe keep an eye on changes to your discharge... and take another test in a few days?
x

Old Apr 10th, 2013, 07:21 AM   7
pollydolly
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblebelly View Post
not interrupting at all! =)
when was your period meant to be due?? has the spotting stopped now?
maybe keep an eye on changes to your discharge... and take another test in a few days?
x
It was due march 1st n came march 27th and was only spotting! Yeah it has stopped now, was very strange. Had no change in discharge except felt a little wet the last few days (sorry) but OPK was very very light, probably be positive next week hopefully.

Did another HPT yesterday an was negative. I've seen an awful lot of Evaps lately xx

Old Apr 17th, 2013, 04:20 AM   8
Stephytiggs
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

Hi ladies :waves:

just wondering how the original poster got on? any news yet hun?

joining in as im having the same thing and wondering what all your outcomes were.

my AF was due monday (15/04), since saturday ive had light spotting which is perfectly normal for me, normally have 3 days spotting at the most and full flow will then arrive. well ive had 5 days of spotting, AF is now late and ive also had
bad lower back cramps like AF cramps yesterday and the night before. Going to give it until the end of the day and then test tomorrow if still no flow.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

xxx

Old Apr 17th, 2013, 06:37 AM   9
pollydolly
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephytiggs View Post

joining in as im having the same thing and wondering what all your outcomes were.

my AF was due monday (15/04), since saturday ive had light spotting which is perfectly normal for me, normally have 3 days spotting at the most and full flow will then arrive. well ive had 5 days of spotting, AF is now late and ive also had
bad lower back cramps like AF cramps yesterday and the night before. Going to give it until the end of the day and then test tomorrow if still no flow.

xxx
Hey hun. I was 28 days late, then had my 12 days of spotting, I started counting cycle days the first day of spotting, then on cycle day 18 I had a positive OPK. So I'm thinking it was just a very odd cycle for me last month!
We BD'd on cycle day 16, but haven't since then so hoping that BD caught the eggy!!
Xxx

Old Apr 17th, 2013, 07:05 AM   10
Stephytiggs
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollydolly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephytiggs View Post

xxx
Hey hun. I was 28 days late, then had my 12 days of spotting, I started counting cycle days the first day of spotting, then on cycle day 18 I had a positive OPK. So I'm thinking it was just a very odd cycle for me last month!
We BD'd on cycle day 16, but haven't since then so hoping that BD caught the eggy!!
Xxx
awe well i hope u did!! !! keeping everything crossed for u.
atm i feel extremely sick!! trying not to test until tomorrow tho!