LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 05:57 AM   1
louise444
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

still getting negative hpt's and 4 weeks late

right so im 4 weeks late for my af next week I will have missed 2 periods , took a hpt today and came back negative . my gut is telling me im pregnant getting tell tale signs that I am pregnant but still getting negative . has anyone been in same position as me and still been pregnant ? bearing in mind im regular as clock work and never missed a af in my life .

Old Apr 19th, 2013, 12:37 PM   2
fdcsw126
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I would go into the dr for a blood test, someone women never recieve a bfp on a hpt until they are a lot farther along gl and fx'd for you

Old Apr 19th, 2013, 12:45 PM   3
wannabemummy2
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by louise444 View Post
right so im 4 weeks late for my af next week I will have missed 2 periods , took a hpt today and came back negative . my gut is telling me im pregnant getting tell tale signs that I am pregnant but still getting negative . has anyone been in same position as me and still been pregnant ? bearing in mind im regular as clock work and never missed a af in my life .
i'm in the same position, ( last AF was on 20th feb!) AF was due on wed and absolutely no sign of it - in fact i noticed some ewcm yesterday! Have no idea what is going on, i went to my doctor on monday and he said that it isn't unusual to miss a period or too ( even though i told him that my cycles were always 28-29 days) and that when you do actually 'try' to conceive, that you get more stressed and it gets harder.

the last test i took was last wednesday and it was negative - no hint of even a shadow. have read about the hook effect and that basically your urine gets too concentrated so you should try watering it down a little and see what happens - worth a shot?

Like the op wrote, it may be an idea to go to your doctor and ask for a blood test - a qualitative one will tell you if you are pregnant or not and a quantitative one will tell you what your levels are.

Good luck - let us know how you get on

Old Apr 19th, 2013, 16:03 PM   4
louise444
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

thanks ladies really helped .fdcsw126 I plan on going to my doctors next if i miss my next af . And wannabemummy2 that might actually be it i know its bad but i don't drink much at all a cup maybe two cups of coffee a day i been told to drink plenty but i just seem to forget .thanks again for your advice will probably test again in a few days and see the out come

Old Apr 19th, 2013, 16:04 PM   5
Firewife25
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I know how you guys feel. I haven't had a period since Jan 9th... I went to the dr when i was a month late (all bfn) and she said it is normal for a woman to have an anovlatory cycle and to come back in April. I went back yesterday and she was on it saying this is not normal I am amenorrhea. I had blood drawn yesterday and she is running tests on Luteinizing hormone, prolactin, TSH, Follicle stimulating hormone and estradiol. Also on monday I go for a transabdominal ultrasound and a trasvaginal ultrasound to see everything. Now she doesn't think there is a chance I could be pregnant (which I don't either) But she wants to figure out why I am not having a period or ovulating. Once I get these test results back I will do the Provera challenge and most likely have to go to a infertility doctor after to be put on clomid or anything like that. This isn't the case for all women but I highly suggest being ontop of this!!! Don't put yourself through wondering day in and day out. Please keep me informed on if you get a BFP or go to the doctor or anything! GOOD LUCK!!

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 11:03 AM   6
wannabemummy2
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
thanks ladies really helped .fdcsw126 I plan on going to my doctors next if i miss my next af . And wannabemummy2 that might actually be it i know its bad but i don't drink much at all a cup maybe two cups of coffee a day i been told to drink plenty but i just seem to forget .thanks again for your advice will probably test again in a few days and see the out come
just reading this made me think - although i drink tea i dont drink water - dont like the taste! Going to test again tomorrow and dilute it and see if that makes a difference.

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 13:22 PM   7
kittiecat
Waiting To Try (WTT)
BnB Elite

I would go to the doctors and get a blood test because pregnant or not missing periods is something they should check out just in case it's a sign of other problems xx

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 16:04 PM   8
louise444
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

tried what you said mummywannabe2 and still got a negative going to book an appointment with the doctors Monday and ask for blood test to be done just see if I get the result that way . thanks for the advice ladies

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 04:12 AM   9
xQuinnx
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hi all I'm in a similar situation! I missed my period in March, BFN with some signs...decided to try and relax and wait for my period this month but nothing yet and I'm 4 days late >.< I'm too nervous to retest!

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 13:42 PM   10
wannabemummy2
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
tried what you said mummywannabe2 and still got a negative going to book an appointment with the doctors Monday and ask for blood test to be done just see if I get the result that way . thanks for the advice ladies
good luck! i haven't tested yet, really dont think im pregnant - bbs getting sore which always happens before AF arrives - have had a really bad cold this week which has turned into a sinus infection - been scared to take anything as the list of stuff you aren't allowed when you're preggers is endless!

hope the doctor gives you a blood test - mine didnt even suggest that option but if nothing in 2 weeks - i might go back. let me know how you get on.