LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 10:57 AM   1
beaglemom
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Clomid...Hoping 3rd Times a Charm

Today I am starting my 3rd cycle on clomid 50 mg on CD 5-9. I really hope this one takes. My dr does not plan on letting me do clomid longer than 3 cycles. We recently found out my husband has a low count (12 million). He has an appointment on the 4th to get further testing. My dr originally put me on clomid hoping to boost my eggs. I O on my own before the clomid. I really do not want to move on to IUI & IVF, but will if that is what it comes down to.

I have placed a call in to my dr requesting an increase this cycle to 100 mg. I have also asked about progesterone. I usually spot a few days before my period & I have read this could be a sign my levels are not high enough. I heard taking it cannot hurt, so I would rather be safe.

Anyways, looking for more clomid users to get through the month of December with me.

Old Nov 25th, 2013, 13:43 PM   2
moni77
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I'll join you over here since the other thread seems to be slowing down. I started clomid with the first IUI cycle - they like to increase the follies to increase the chances when doing the IUI. My hubby has low count, motility and morphology. Before the IUI they wash the sperm and only put the good ones in. I was hoping it would work first time - but not that lucky - it still is only a 20% success rate. IVF is a much higher success rate but is not covered by my insurance and is very expensive - so we opted to try the IUI for a couple of cycles. We'll see where we are next year - hopefully pregnant!!

Anyways, I start the clomid again wed and take day 3-7 and then a trigger shot when the follies are good to go with the IUI 36 hours later! Then starts the dreaded 2ww.

FXed the clomid works on its own and we both get Christmas miracles!!

Old Nov 25th, 2013, 14:08 PM   3
beaglemom
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Is this only cycle 2 for the IUI?

My insurance (as it is now, who knows about 2014) has a $5,000 max for fertility treatment. I am not sure about the overall health of my husband's sperm...got the sheet, but I don't know how to interpret it. So I hope to get some answers after his appt on the 4th. I def need more info on IVF before moving on. I know some clinics offer guaranties on some sort. I just hate the idea of going through all this & putting all these hormones in my body.

I hope to get some folks on here with us. I was part of another thread...I keep up with it, but most of them are starting the TWW. I don't really do much on the SMEP...not really following it anymore. Since I found out about the count & based on my dr recommendation, we are doing every other day during the fertile window.

Old Nov 25th, 2013, 14:20 PM   4
moni77
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Yep - this will be my second try at it. Then might take a cycle off for the holidays and start again in January. My insurance doesn't reset until May. I am on a high deductible plan and after the first $5000 will have to pay the next $5000 of covered items (which does not include IVF).

Hopefully we'll get some others on here with some more insight.

Old Nov 27th, 2013, 07:27 AM   5
beaglemom
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I am using the clear blue monitor. 1st month on clomid i had a normal ovulation on CD 15 (well intense because of clomid, normal timing). Last cycle I ovulated on CD 11 & started getting highs on my mnitor on CD7. So today I was very anxious. The monitor says LOW! I am actually happy about this. My husband is on 3rd shift, so getting sex in can be hard & not so sexy. Anyways, with the way things are going, hopefully I will ovulate on his next set of days off! Plus I was a little nervous about having such an early ovulation last month. Also it was not intense like month 1. I did still have regular ovulation signs, but the 1st cycle I was on the couch for a whole night from cramps & back pain.

Just out of curiosity, do you know your husband's count? I have no clue how to read the motility & all that. My husband is actually very excited to have his doctor appointment next week. Hopefully we will get some positive info.

Old Nov 27th, 2013, 08:19 AM   6
moni77
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

His count was 14.7 - average is above 60, subfertile is below 20 (this is in millions)
Motility was at 49% - normal is above 50% so not so bad
Morphology was 9% (normal 30%) and 3% (normal 14%) depending on the scale used.

I use the clear blue monitor as well. I had my day 3 blood work done this morning. They will call me this afternoon to give me the all clear to start the clomid tonight and make the appointment for a scan next week.

Trying to have hope this cycle!!!

Old Nov 27th, 2013, 10:23 AM   7
beaglemom
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Well I may go buy OPKs as a back up...I was so lost last cycle with the early O. But the monitor has been spot on in the past lining up with cm & other symptoms. But last month I got an early peak along with symptoms...we did our thing...then cm started showing back up...My husband has some performance anxiety as well...so we did not do any back up sex. But I told him this month we are going to keep at it & try to have more fun. We go every other day during fertile time. I wanted to be doing every 3 days when not ovulating, but he got all messed up last night Anyways, low on the monitor but the cm has started today & my back just started hurting & a slight headache. Those could be anything. He takes some pick me up pills so he shoud be ready for me tonight. If not, I am off tomorrow so we will have more time & it will be less stressful. It is so much easier when he is off because we have more time to give it another go if the first attempt fails.

Old Nov 27th, 2013, 13:00 PM   8
moni77
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I have never used OPKs - just the monitor. Hope the timing works out this week. Hubby is out of town next tues and wed - which is prime fertility time - but I think the IUI will be thursday - and they usually like at least 36 hours of abstention before that.

I hope the timing works out this month anyways!!

Happy Thanksgiving?

Old Nov 27th, 2013, 18:35 PM   9
moni77
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Well my estrogen on the day 3 labs was high - which means no clomid and no IUI this cycle afterall. Is it odd that this news devastated me more then the BFN last week? I little cried after I hung up the phone. I felt like this was going to be the month and now I have no shot. I guess I will take this month for me - try to get back into a regular routine at the gym and enjoy the holiday season.

So onto the new year for me...

Old Nov 27th, 2013, 18:39 PM   10
beaglemom
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

what does it mean when it is too high? are you able to try naturally?