LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 5th, 2013, 01:53 AM   11
Lkg
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Hi, I stopped birth control at the end of the pack in the middle of October. I have just come on my period now and took exactly 7 weeks. However, everyone is different. I spoke to a doctor and they said sometimes people wait months. I also got signs of pregnancy such as very sore breasts. Hopefully it doesn't take you long to regulate, and you never know it may happen straight away

Old Dec 5th, 2013, 03:03 AM   12
patienceiav
Other
Chat Happy BnB Member

Oh yeah definitely worth noting I felt every pregnancy symptom under the sun the first month off, I was utterly convinced!

Old Dec 5th, 2013, 09:23 AM   13
twinkie2
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by patienceiav View Post
Oh yeah definitely worth noting I felt every pregnancy symptom under the sun the first month off, I was utterly convinced!
Great, nothing like thinking 'wow! so fast' for nothing, but I've been warned! lol. Thanks all for input

Loving this forum so far, everyone is so kind and willing to help out!! I can say I feel different already with only two days of bcp. As I mentioned I've been on this for 11+ years, and I'm 28 now, I can't hardly remember what a "normal" period is like and it's amazing how quickly it really does leave your system. I can honestly say I am so happy to be done with it (for a couple of reasons obviously).

Old Dec 5th, 2013, 12:17 PM   14
BeachyFeelin
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I stopped my bc in November and am currently experiencing my first period off bc in about 15 years. For a minute I thought I could be pregnant because I just had a tiny bit of spotting on Monday (my expected start date) and then nothing for the rest of the day. But then Tuesday i had a small flow, nothing major. But yesterday the flood gates were released. I had HORRIBLE cramps off and on all day...so bad I just couldn't move. I even went to be last night with a heating pad. But...they are gone today and the flow seems normal.

I am hoping that not every period off bc will be like this. I never had cramps when I was on bc. So this reminded me of my early high school days when I stayed home from school because my cramps were so bad. Guess I'm just better at handling them now. Still, not pleasant.

All in all though - for tracking purposes my period seems to be going back to normal 28-29 day cycles. So I am thankful for that. I hoped that I could have been pregnant because our timing was right (I could tell when I was going to O, which was new). But I didn't expect it so I wasn't really symptom spotting. Which is good, because I think I could have only had pregnancy symptoms if I made them up in my head

Old Dec 5th, 2013, 13:18 PM   15
twinkie2
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Thanks, I'm really hoping that's how it goes for me too. I had awful cramping when I was a teenager and have had little to no cramping on BC so I'm interested to see how that goes. Best of luck to you this month!!

Old Dec 6th, 2013, 20:10 PM   16
twinkie2
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Just wanted to give a quick update for those that might be following this. Had some light brown spotting today nothing significant, mostly just when I wipe. From everything I've learned, this is pretty common after quitting (since I took a coupled of the active pills before quitting). I had some really minor cramping, noticeable, but not painful.

If I assume a typical 28 day cycle from my last AF, I should have my next around Dec 22nd so hoping for ovulation in January!

Old Dec 6th, 2013, 20:57 PM   17
snuffleupagus
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Jumping in here, I'm in the same boat. I'm on my first cycle TTC after being on birth control for a little over 2 years. It's definitely frustrating because I feel like I'm starting from scratch. Have been experiencing some symptoms but it's almost impossible to tell what the cause is at this point. Guess I just have to be patient!!

Old Dec 6th, 2013, 21:33 PM   18
twinkie2
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffleupagus View Post
Jumping in here, I'm in the same boat. I'm on my first cycle TTC after being on birth control for a little over 2 years. It's definitely frustrating because I feel like I'm starting from scratch. Have been experiencing some symptoms but it's almost impossible to tell what the cause is at this point. Guess I just have to be patient!!
Have you had your first AF since quitting bc? and if you did, how long was that cycle from quitting to the first AF?

Old Dec 6th, 2013, 22:07 PM   19
coach7712
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Not wanting to scare you but my experience was less than ideal.

Of course, I screwed up and took one pill in my new pack before deciding to stop. That screwed up my cycle and I ended up having two periods that month, one that was long and one that was shorter.

So far I haven't been very regular (cycle lengths since stopping: 15, 17, 28, 27, 28, 31, 30, 46, 32, 18, 32). There were about three months of regularity and then craziness. I attribute the 46 day cycle to stress (buying a home, living with in-laws, moving). However my cycles weren't regular before I went on the pill so I imagine this is normal for me.

I will say that my periods did not become much different than from when I was on the pill (a little more cramping and heavier flow, but same length and not horrendous). Please don't let my story scare you. I have weight issues and probably some hormone imbalance as well. Hope everything goes well for you!

Old Dec 7th, 2013, 08:21 AM   20
twinkie2
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach7712 View Post
Not wanting to scare you but my experience was less than ideal.

Of course, I screwed up and took one pill in my new pack before deciding to stop. That screwed up my cycle and I ended up having two periods that month, one that was long and one that was shorter.

So far I haven't been very regular (cycle lengths since stopping: 15, 17, 28, 27, 28, 31, 30, 46, 32, 18, 32). There were about three months of regularity and then craziness. I attribute the 46 day cycle to stress (buying a home, living with in-laws, moving). However my cycles weren't regular before I went on the pill so I imagine this is normal for me.

I will say that my periods did not become much different than from when I was on the pill (a little more cramping and heavier flow, but same length and not horrendous). Please don't let my story scare you. I have weight issues and probably some hormone imbalance as well. Hope everything goes well for you!
Thank you so much for posting! This is exactly the type of thing I want to know.

So I had only had minor spotting yesterday, but this morning it basically seemed like a full blown period. I'm wondering if this is my period for the month, or if I'll still get it again around the 22nd. (my last period was on Nov. 24, so I was almost to the half way point of my cycle when this bleeding started. You said you were only one day into your pill pack and I was only 3 or 4. I was hoping with only being a few in that it would only cause the spotting and still get my period later in the month. Now I feel like I'll have no idea when my O days are because I don't know if this is a period or not. I'm hoping I still getting it before christmas (for timing purposes of a small vacation the hubby and I have decided to take quickly before we have a baby-but if pregnant before leaving that's okay ) I guess I'll have to wait and see, but thank you thank you thank you for posting!!

SEO by vBSEO