LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 21:42 PM   31
Johnsa37
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

I'm in the exact same boat. I was on BCP for 12 years... And I am 28. I Just Finished my last pack in November. This month so far has been crazy with emotions and cramping. I had terrible cramping for a day this week and I'm guessing I o'd that day. I was really hoping we could conceive pretty quickly but the more I hear the more disheartened I feel about it I have no idea if my periods were regular before BCP, but they were very regular and easy, pain free on BCP. Af is due on the 25th... Not looking forward to that!! Keep updating... I will do the same !! GL

Old Dec 12th, 2013, 22:24 PM   32
twinkie2
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

Hi Johnsa! Thanks for commenting, how crazy everything you said would describe me to a T! and I'm 28 as well! AF is due somewhere around the 21stfor me so our cycles are fairly close. I'd be very interested to hear how this continues for you as well.
Are you TTC #1, or do you have a LO already? Don't be disheartened already, I've been stalking this site for some time and I've come to realize it doesn't really matter what you're history is, sometimes the bean sticks right away and sometimes it doesn't. So happy to be in this journey with you (and all the other wonderful ladies on this site)! Good luck to you!

Old Dec 12th, 2013, 22:38 PM   33
Johnsa37
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Yeah I really did not realize how much BCP affected me! Ugh. It's like it numbs your body...! Weird.

We are trying for our first

Old Dec 13th, 2013, 21:14 PM   34
twinkie2
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

Stay in touch Johnsa! I'd love to hear your progress through this. I'm in on a thread for January testers right now if you want to join us It's so nice to find commonalities with others on here, makes me feel a little more sane through this whole process. Lots of baby dust to you!

Old Dec 18th, 2013, 09:00 AM   35
Meljenn
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I'm 29 and stopped after finishing the pack in August. So far my cycles have been 29, 34, 28 and I know af will show any second and that will make this one 28 or 29 if she waits until tomorrow.
I have been emotional but I don't know if it is because of the Bcp or ttc. I feel like I was poisoning my body with Bcp. Hopefully it is gone now and I can get pregnant soon

Old Dec 18th, 2013, 09:43 AM   36
Johnsa37
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

How is everyone doing? I am about 7/8 dpo. No symptoms, other than really moody and some minor cramping -- I am attributing everything to getting of BCP! AF is due on the 25th. We shall see!

Question... I have read a few people say that they did not ovulate for a couple cycles after getting off of BCP. How would one know that they did not ovulate? Do they use an OPK and it just never gives a positive result, or temp, or what? I am a little worried that I did not ovulate. I was reading into using CM as a predictor, but I really don't see a change in my CM from when I was on BCP to now... Nothing seems different. I thought BCP made you NOT ovulate? Confused...!

TIA - I am still learning...!!

Old Dec 18th, 2013, 10:06 AM   37
twinkie2
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Addict

So for those following along, thought I'd post an update. AF was due on the 22nd. Had minor cramping early yesterday and started spotting early this morning and have full blown AF now, so at least onto the next cycle! CD1 and counting!

Johnsa, I was wondering the same thing about ovulating and CM. I've been trying to look into this more and see what is what exactly, but I haven't noticed much of a change in CM for me, however, I didn't start checking until relatively recently. For fear of not ovulating, I plan on using OPKs and trying to check CM regularly with the hopes of knowing whether or not I O for certain (and of course to catch the egg!)
Anyone else with input on the topic please leave thoughts as I'm very interested in this topic as well!

Old Dec 18th, 2013, 10:21 AM   38
Wnt2beAMom
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I'm not too sure but I don't think you get your period if you haven't ovulated. So since you are on CD 1 now you must have ovulated! Usually it's 14 days from the time you ovulated that you get your period. That's why people say they have a two week wait after they ovulate (That's when they know they have ovulated- it takes a while to learn the symptoms of your body and temp and do OPK stuff) to see if they are pregnant or if AF comes....Some people's cycles are longer some months because it took longer to ovulate but will still be 14 days from then when AF comes. :-)

Old Dec 18th, 2013, 12:39 PM   39
Johnsa37
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

But BCP function by stopping ovulation, and I still got AF on BCP...?

Old Dec 18th, 2013, 12:54 PM   40
Wnt2beAMom
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member

Good point but Its because on the pill when we take the last week off or take sugar pills our body isn't receiving the hormones anymore so we have a 'withdrawal' bleed. It isn't the same as a period really...

SEO by vBSEO