Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 21:09 PM   1
Mcrobinson
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

CD 21- Did we BD in time? New to BnB!

Hi fellow TTCers, I am new to this forum. This is our first cycle actively ttcing and using opk's. according to my period tracker my average cycle length is 33 days. On cycle day 18,19, and 20 we BD. I had a positive opk on cycle day 19 and 20 (i believe... That's why I'm attaching them so I can have another set of eyes ) day 21 (today) looked negative to me. What I'm confused about is when to BD. I got a positive yesterday but a negative today does that mean I ovulate today because the surge was yesterday? I don't think we will be able to BD tonight ( poor hubby is tired) and just didn't know if I still have a chance this cycle. Please help

Also, I am due to start AF January 4. When do y'all think would be a safe time to start testing? I don't want to do it too early and get BFN and get my hopes down. Anyone else feel like that?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (31.9 KB, 12 views)

Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 01:01 AM   2
Mcrobinson
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Update.... Today, cycle day 21 I had EWCM (tmi I know, I'm sorry). Was not able to bd as expected but plan to in the morning. I'm just trying to understand the opks. I got the positive on the 19th and the 20th which means I o'd more than likely on the 21st? My cm would match that finding if that's how it went. I just hope and pray this cycle will work for us. This will be a rainbow baby and we are ready for that sunshine after the storm!

Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 01:21 AM   3
Mcrobinson
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Ok ladies... Now I feel really dumb. After looking back at the pics of my tests and the first response box I had the the control and test line mixed up. So it still looks like CD 19 and 20 are positive ( is that right?) and cd21 is positive as well? If the test line is darker than the control line it's positive, right? Then cd 21 is much darker. I don't know I'm so confused. I'm going to make sure we bd in the morning and hope it does it.

If you look at the pic I posted it is technically upside down. The control line is on the bottom from what I am understanding.
I just want that 2014 BFP!

Old Dec 24th, 2013, 08:10 AM   4
UnderPressure
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

What end of the test has the grip ? The test line is closest to the pee end, control line closest to the grip. Regardless of the exact O date, it sounds like you BD'd within the fertile window. I find that tracking my BBT makes me feel more confident about when I ovulate. Good luck!

Old Dec 24th, 2013, 10:57 AM   5
Mcrobinson
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderPressure View Post
What end of the test has the grip ? The test line is closest to the pee end, control line closest to the grip. Regardless of the exact O date, it sounds like you BD'd within the fertile window. I find that tracking my BBT makes me feel more confident about when I ovulate. Good luck!
In this pic the grip is at the bottom. So it would make the last one positive? I have been taking them every day since this pictures and if that's the case they have all been positive. I keep looking at the box and that's what it says too. The control line next to the grip. It's been about 4 days that the test line has been MUCH darker. I don't feel like I'm o'ing now. Weird. I made sure we bd last night just to kinda cover us if I am. I have had lotiony cm for the past 2 days but I was kind of thinking an early pregnancy symptom rather than o'ing.

Old Dec 24th, 2013, 11:00 AM   6
Mcrobinson
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

If you look the "control line" gets lighter on cd 21. But the "test" line stays the same. I thought the control line would never change. Do you think this could've been a faulty batch? I still have the test and they still look the same so I know I'm not mistaking this.

Old Dec 24th, 2013, 16:31 PM   7
UnderPressure
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

If the test line sucks up the dye, it would make sense for the control line to be lighter... I think it's ok as long as there's still a control line there

Old Dec 27th, 2013, 15:25 PM   8
CrazyCharlie2
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

also those tests detect your LH surge, not your Ovulation date. So you could Ovulate anywhere between 24-48 hours after a positive test.

Old Dec 27th, 2013, 16:08 PM   9
Scootie
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

It is best to BD before your O date anways so the sperm is ready to meet the egg by the time you O. The egg only last 12-24 hours but sperm can last I think up to 4 days or so. The best time to have sex would be just before and while you have positive OPKs. Then once you ovulate you should no longer have positive OPKs. I agree that it is strange the way the control line on that one. I like the test strip kind from Wondfo or EPT- they are a lot cheaper too!

SEO by vBSEO