Forum Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 26th, 2013, 15:17 PM   1
alicarr74
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

7th cycle on Clomid

So, how long have you guys been on Clomid and it actually works? My progesterone has been 27, and they tell me I should be getting pregnant with twins. I had a chemical my first cycle, but I did not ovulate well. We got hubby tested on Monday, so hopefully we will find out if he needs antibiotics for inflammation or if it is more serious. I am just worried that I may eventually be on Clomid too long, even though it has been successfully making me ovulate..

Old Dec 27th, 2013, 06:49 AM   2
alicarr74
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

*bump

Old Dec 27th, 2013, 08:47 AM   3
pink_kitty
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

I'm on my 6th cycle of clomid and wondering the same thing! My fs won't really tell me how long I can be on clomid, but she thinks we should start iui next cycle. I think her response was "well we won't try it for like 2 years". I was hoping for something more definitive than that Oh well. I've heard that it can thin the lining if you're on it too long. I'm starting to worry a bit about that now. I had been hopeful to get a bfp by now since clomid does make me ovulate. And my hsg was clear.

Old Dec 27th, 2013, 22:12 PM   4
alicarr74
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_kitty View Post
I'm on my 6th cycle of clomid and wondering the same thing! My fs won't really tell me how long I can be on clomid, but she thinks we should start iui next cycle. I think her response was "well we won't try it for like 2 years". I was hoping for something more definitive than that Oh well. I've heard that it can thin the lining if you're on it too long. I'm starting to worry a bit about that now. I had been hopeful to get a bfp by now since clomid does make me ovulate. And my hsg was clear.
Is it actually making you ovulate? I am also on progesterone, so I am hoping for it to be back up to let my uterus know to stay thick enough lol I don't mind doing an iui, but I am worried about the cost, then it not working..

Old Dec 28th, 2013, 22:07 PM   5
pink_kitty
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

My cycles were crazy long before starting clomid (sometimes almost 80 day cycles - ARGH!). Now I ovulate around cd16-18

I feel the exact same way about the iui - I'm worried about the cost and it not working. I really don't want the disappointment of it not working. I know it sounds strange, but if I hold off on trying iui then I still have hope that it could work. When hubby and I do try it and if it doesn't work I think I'll be a mess

Do you have any side effects from the progesterone? I was taking 200mg of provera orally beginning at 3dpo. This cycle we're trying 300mg. I had some extreme (for me) emotional side effects - similar to depression. Not looking forward to increasing the dose this cycle, but if this has been what has kept me from getting a bfp then I'll try it!!

SEO by vBSEO