LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 25th, 2014, 16:08 PM   11
Praying4BB
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

I started charting and using opks this month and it's just confusing the heck out of me. I got a positive opk on CD 17, had a temp rise, got FF crosshairs. All was groovy. Then came the cramps and the bloating and the ewcm and two more positive opks followed by another temp rise! Whaaat... I took the first positive opk off my chart because I really think I o'd later and now it just looks a mess. Honestly, after 10 years on BCP, I don't think everything is sorted out yet in there and of course all the worst case scenarios are constantly on my mind. Poor DH. Never thought I was that crazy girl until we started trying Good luck to you Holly! Let's all keep each other on the sane side

Old Aug 25th, 2014, 17:04 PM   12
Hollynesss
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

OPKs can be tricky at first. The test line has to be reallllllly dark, darker than the control line, to be considered truly positive. Sometimes you get those really ambiguous ones that are almost positive, but not quite, but maybe....lol! It does sound like you O'd, though, based on the second temp rise! I have read that your body sometimes has to give you more than one LH surge to release the egg, which may explain the second surge. That isn't supposed to happen very often, but if you are just coming off BCPs recently that could explain it.

My husband thinks I'm crazy with all of this extra stuff I do, so I'm happy to have other "crazy" ladies to talk to!

Old Aug 25th, 2014, 21:53 PM   13
alikat2014
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member

Has anyone felt like they were pinchy ang having like that ewmc (is that the right abbrev?) And then again pinchy ovary 4 days later?

Old Aug 26th, 2014, 13:58 PM   14
Praying4BB
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikat2014 View Post
Has anyone felt like they were pinchy ang having like that ewmc (is that the right abbrev?) And then again pinchy ovary 4 days later?
AliKat- I had four days of dull aches before I O'd this cycle- they were kind of like period cramps, but not quite as painful. Mostly just a heavy feeling. During these days, there were two distinct sharp pains, one "pinch" on CD23 that made me flinch, and then one on CD24 on my lower right side that felt like a little "pop" (weird, but best way to describe it). FF said I O'd that day, though I think either of those weird pains could have been it. On CD23, I had SO MUCH of that ewcm (you got it!) and TMI alert, it came out in one big glob at one point. Which day are you on?

I came off BCP about 5 months ago so I'm not really sure what is normal right now. I am 4DPO and just have some dull pressure down there and creamy cm. Just playing the waiting game.

Old Aug 26th, 2014, 14:05 PM   15
Praying4BB
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynesss View Post
OPKs can be tricky at first. The test line has to be reallllllly dark, darker than the control line, to be considered truly positive. Sometimes you get those really ambiguous ones that are almost positive, but not quite, but maybe....lol! It does sound like you O'd, though, based on the second temp rise! I have read that your body sometimes has to give you more than one LH surge to release the egg, which may explain the second surge. That isn't supposed to happen very often, but if you are just coming off BCPs recently that could explain it.

My husband thinks I'm crazy with all of this extra stuff I do, so I'm happy to have other "crazy" ladies to talk to!
"Clinical" is the word DH used to describe all of this checking and charting the other night. Yikes, it's only been two months!

Old Aug 26th, 2014, 14:47 PM   16
Hollynesss
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praying4BB View Post
"Clinical" is the word DH used to describe all of this checking and charting the other night. Yikes, it's only been two months!
Perfect!!

Old Aug 26th, 2014, 15:49 PM   17
castana
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member

I think im 3dpo and have period pains 2nd month off bc so forgot what it feels like

Old Aug 26th, 2014, 15:57 PM   18
smallsy
Trying to conceive (TTC)
New BnB member

I'm 33, husband is also 33. We have been ttc for a year now. And I will say, I'm not up to speed on all the acronyms you all use, haha. It is kinda funny reading all your posts and trying to figure it out.

Anyways... It is frustrating each month that goes by unsuccessful and I don't know about all of you but if one more person tells me "just don't try so hard" I'm going to punch them in the nose, haha. Trying is really just have sex, I'm pretty sure we gotta keep doing that to make this work

Anyways, is there a place I can go to find out what all the acronyms mean?

Old Aug 26th, 2014, 16:00 PM   19
Hollynesss
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Welcome to BnB, Smallsy!! And welcome to this thread

Here is a list of lingo: BabyandBump Lingo & Abbreviations

TTC can be quite frustrating! You'll definitely find that this forum is a wealth of knowledge for ways to make the process a little bit easier.

Old Aug 26th, 2014, 16:01 PM   20
Hollynesss
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict

Welcome, Castana!

SEO by vBSEO